Publix Vaccine Website

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We have been sitting tight since March of 2020 and see no need to participate in the race to get a shot during the lack of supply period....hence we will wait until adequate vaccine is available....
more like March/April.
Seems to be four kinds of people these days:
- Those "dying" to get a shot and don't mind joining the feeding frenzy
- Those who would like a shot, but want to wait for the feeding frenzy to settle down
- Those who are skeptical - fence sitters
- Anti-vaxxers

Interesting conversations sometimes !!
Old 01-27-2021, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk111 View Post
Seems to be four kinds of people these days:
- Those "dying" to get a shot and don't mind joining the feeding frenzy
- Those who would like a shot, but want to wait for the feeding frenzy to settle down
- Those who are skeptical - fence sitters
- Anti-vaxxers

Interesting conversations sometimes !!
You didn’t list those who are in Chemo, or other treatment, and their Physicians are saying NO.
Those who are pregnant
And the many who’s physician, saying NO because of severe reaction.

They don’t belong in the anti group, or maybe you think the physicians are in the secret anti group.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
You didn’t list those who are in Chemo, or other treatment, and their Physicians are saying NO.
Those who are pregnant
And the many who’s physician, saying NO because of severe reaction.

They don’t belong in the anti group, or maybe you think the physicians are in the secret anti group.
Fair point: The "forbidden" group. I guess within those
, some are anti-vaxxers who found an excuse!?
Old 01-27-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpk111 View Post
Fair point: The "forbidden" group. I guess within those
, some are anti-vaxxers who found an excuse!?
Interesting you think pregnant, cancer, anaphylactic is an excuse. I’m sure pregnant would not work for you, ( does it really matter that no study’s have been done on the unborn fetus) but cancer, and death from a reaction, I wouldn’t wish on anyone so they couldn’t get the vaccine.

Those who think those are excuses, than the person could care less the outcome of the life that may change.

But on an up note, those who are told to wait, that’s one more vaccine for those chasing it, or if those who are told to wait, and take it anyway it could be just a loss of life added to the list. So win-win in your anti vaccine thoughts
Old 01-27-2021, 12:35 PM

No intent to offend anyone. Just observing....
Old 01-27-2021, 02:18 PM
Gold member

A smart company and web designer would allow you to lock an appointment time/date followed by your name and other information!
Why doesn’t anyone setting up websites understand this?
Old 01-27-2021, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
A smart company and web designer would allow you to lock an appointment time/date followed by your name and other information!
Why doesn’t anyone setting up websites understand this?
Because they probably can't afford smart web designers when the product availability is unknown, it changes every day, and there doesn't appear to be a profit motive. If they could sell the vaccine, it would be handled a lot differently.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:47 PM

After waiting on Publix's web site for over an hour with 4 computers and 2 cells, my sister called the Lake County number list on todays paper, and got 2 appointments for tomorrow at the Lake Square Mall.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
After waiting on Publix's web site for over an hour with 4 computers and 2 cells, my sister called the Lake County number list on todays paper, and got 2 appointments for tomorrow at the Lake Square Mall.
The Lake County system doesn't appear to be any better than the Publix system. Getting through on the phone is virtually impossible.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Which vaccine is Lake County using?
Old 01-27-2021, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Pfizer
Old 01-27-2021, 03:55 PM
Sage

Apparently, none of these vaccine providers care about people's time or respect a basic first come first served courtesy. They are fine with people waiting on a website for hours or calling a number that is always busy, or accepting a call back number, and then never calling back. But, if you happen to contact them at a lucky time, you will get an appointment. I was lucky to get an appointment at a Publix two weeks ago by just checking the website in the middle of the day. But, I have tried to help others get an appointment and have had some luck, but I have found out that none of the providers are treating people fairly. It's disgraceful.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:09 PM

We logged in Publix at 6:00 am with 2 computers, 2 cell phones. Got appt screen but no luck finding any spots. Called the Eventbrite number at 9:00 am and after 162 attempts with phone was able to make 2 apts for tomorrow at Volusia County Fair Grounds.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Apparently, it doesn't matter. CDC is saying you can use one and then the other for the booster. And they are saying the second one can come up to 6 wks after the first. Makes one wonder whether they even have an idea of what this supposed vaccine is all about. I am not questioning the science of it, just their ability to understand their test results/figures. Some say it works for all versions of COVID and some say it will only work for less than a year and have to be updated. I am glad that they were able to release it so expeditiously, but quick does not have to be sloppy, does it? There is a lot of unknowns, but that does not mean that one should discount the validity of the serum(?) if you can call it that. Since there has been very, very few side effects and supposedly only one or two deaths related to the vaccination, at least we know that it is "harmless" so far. TBD (to be determined). Hope that did not sound negative. As far as I am concerned, they can give out Vit B12 shots and tell us we are good to go so we can remove our masks.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:15 PM
Sage

Does anyone wonder if they will get a second dose, at their date, or days, maybe weeks after.

Tags
website, times, deland, publix, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.