Publix Vaccine Website

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2021, 04:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
After waiting on Publix's web site for over an hour with 4 computers and 2 cells, my sister called the Lake County number list on todays paper, and got 2 appointments for tomorrow at the Lake Square Mall.
Maybe if each household only used ONE device instead of multiples at one time, the system wouldn't be as overworked as it is. Just a thought.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Apparently, none of these vaccine providers care about people's time or respect a basic first come first served courtesy. They are fine with people waiting on a website for hours or calling a number that is always busy, or accepting a call back number, and then never calling back. But, if you happen to contact them at a lucky time, you will get an appointment. I was lucky to get an appointment at a Publix two weeks ago by just checking the website in the middle of the day. But, I have tried to help others get an appointment and have had some luck, but I have found out that none of the providers are treating people fairly. It's disgraceful.
I'm sure they would be interested in your ideas on how they could improve distribution, fairly. If they had an unlimited supply, they would not have to segregate distribution according to the greater need. If they had an unlimited supply, then you could go just about anywhere and pick it up; CVS, Walgreens, your personal doctor, Publix, etc. We just have to be patient. We have lasted a year without infection, so I can wait my turn. I am trying to get my wife an appointment, but I am not going to travel to Miami or Georgia to get it a day or week before my neighbors.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Maybe if each household only used ONE device instead of multiples at one time, the system wouldn't be as overworked as it is. Just a thought.
Haven't seen this much of desperation since Black Friday a couple years ago.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:42 AM
Default How to get from the Publix Q to the reservation system

Link that describes the Publix vaccine sign up Queuing problem

The Publix Covid Vaccination Website - Analysis & Queuing Suggestions
Old 01-28-2021, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Very valid point.

It's like "Who will drop their gun first?"

Old 01-28-2021, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I went on last Friday morning at about 6:30 and waited. At about 7:15 the site opened. There were no appointments available at the local Publix there were two in Ocala. I picked one and looked for direction. The I selected the other to see which was closer. By the time I got back to the first one it had been taken. I went to the second one and that had been taken. I took an appointment in Deland for the following Friday. It was about an hours drive which was no big deal.

I went on Friday and got my shot. The operation at Publix was very efficient. They gave me a card showing when I had the shot and which is is and I have an appointment exactly four weeks from last Monday.

I guess that it's pretty much luck of the draw. I don't know how else they could do it. It seems that the only other option would be to have people stand in line with no appointment. But that would have people camping out over night like in front of Best Buy on Thanksgiving.

Everyone just has to be patient and keep trying. As of last Monday, 1.56 million people in Florida have been vaccinated. That almost half of the over 65 population. As time goes on fewer people will be trying to get their first dose.

As an added bonus there is a great New England Seafood place about 20 minutes from where I went to in Deland. So I stopped and rewarded myself with a New England Seafood dinner. Being from Boston it was like a little piece of home in Florida.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Does anyone wonder if they will get a second dose, at their date, or days, maybe weeks after.
Yes, I wonder.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Does anyone wonder if they will get a second dose, at their date, or days, maybe weeks after.
I've met several people that have gotten their second dose right on time. Why would you think that you wouldn't?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I've met several people that have gotten their second dose right on time. Why would you think that you wouldn't?
For one.....a couple of weeks ago, the headline was "40,000 overdue for their second vaccine shot". That is why.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf tee time system

The tee time system works. You put in a request many places and times and later you get a time and place. Someone should sell the program to Publix.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The Publix system is getting worse, not better. I already got my first shot, But I have been trying to schedule an appointment for others.

You can register your phone number with the new Lake County system by calling 866-201-6909. They say that they will call you to make an appointment on the phone. The vaccine location is the Lake Square Mall in Leesburg.
The phone number 866-201-6909 is the State of Florida Covid 19 Scheduling Support Line. They asked for 5 digit zip code of your home address. This will allow the system to locate the nearest site for you. They will call when an appointment is available. Wonder how long that will be!
Old 01-28-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Good luck.
We will put it on the list along with
stop signs
speed limits
wearing a mask
Old 01-28-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

Everyone just has to be patient and keep trying. As of last Monday, 1.56 million people in Florida have been vaccinated. That almost half of the over 65 population. As time goes on fewer people will be trying to get their first dose.
With 4.5 million over 65 in Florida, That's only one third, not over one half.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:28 AM

Last Friday I went online at 6 am and when it finally allowed me to choose a county, I chose Flagler. I figured far enough away that most Villagers wouldn't be interested in driving to. I was right, got in and signed up and also my wife. About 80 miles to Palm Coast. Easy drive, nice scenery. The Publix people were awesome and we go back in Feb to get 2nd.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:37 AM

we're driving all the way to 30A tomorrow..4-5 hour drive to get to a Publix...ugh!
Closed Thread

Tags
website, times, deland, publix, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.