Purchasing Health Care Coverage

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2021, 02:45 PM
Default Purchasing Health Care Coverage

Spouse anbd I are 63+ but not yet 65. We will need to purchase health care coverage for the next 18 months when we move in permanently in May or so..

Has anyone purchased insurance through a healthcare exchange in Florida? If so what has been your experience? We're especially interessted in learning whether the insurance would be accepted by providers and hospitals in the Villages.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

You will get lots of responses, but also check with SHINE (Seniors Health Information Network) SHINE - Home which will provide unbiased information on various insurance options. They were very helpful for us and Medicare (supplement vs Advantage) plans, I think they can also provide info for insurance before Medicare.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Affordable Care Act is excellent unless you have a high income coming in
Old 02-01-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdanielblank View Post
Spouse anbd I are 63+ but not yet 65. We will need to purchase health care coverage for the next 18 months when we move in permanently in May or so..

Has anyone purchased insurance through a healthcare exchange in Florida? If so what has been your experience? We're especially interessted in learning whether the insurance would be accepted by providers and hospitals in the Villages.

Thanks in advance.
My wife is still under 65 so we go through this every November. I have found that here in Florida the vast majority of insurance policies that provide decent coverage are from Florida Blue. For her the premium is about $620/month with a max out of pocket of $8,000 (in addition to the premium). You can pay a little less or a lot more depending on what your needs are.
If someone knows of better alternatives (with equivalent quality) I'd love to hear them.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,666 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdanielblank View Post

Thanks in advance.
Primary Care Services | The Villages Health Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
care, coverage, insurance, health, florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.