Quest Lab vs Alliance Lab

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2023, 12:31 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy Quest Lab vs Alliance Lab

Just had a very bad experience at Quest Lab and decided to share it.
Walked in without an appointment and signed in using their terminals > there is no real person to help you so no option. Since I didn't have an appointment I was assigned a number indicating appointments had priority and I thought it said my time would be 11:20 about a 25-minute wait. As I waited, the waiting room continued to fill up and their TV Monitor keep indicating people with appointments waiting. No one from Quest really comes to the door except to call in the next appointment. When the monitor start showing appointment waiting now past noon I got worried and tried to go to the terminal to get help > each time I was given another number. Finally, at 11:45 I ran up to the next Quest person who came to the door for their appointment and asked what the problem was. I got the feeling she really wasn't happy about having take the time to answer a question but Her answer was: If you don't have an appointment you have to wait longer until we take care of the appointments. WOW, I waited probably 50 minutes and wasn't even in a real Q yet.

Of course, I gave up and went to a close by Alliance Lab which had a real person at a desk to help me and no one waiting in line. I was taken right in and out in under 5 minutes.

We used to use Alliance Lab before COVID and I'm not sure why we switched to QUEST but after today's experience, I can assure you I know where we will go next. Please note your mileage may vary but I got a feeling Quest has way too much business and I prefer talking to real people vs a terminal or computer.

Oh, one more piece of random info, after leaving Quest I called Lab Corp to see what their availability was, and after listening to their extended message about COVID and everything else in the world I gave up. It's interesting how medical facilities and many others try their hardest to run you through extended messages and computer dialog which often leave you no closer to getting help than when you started.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

The problem was that you were a walk-in with no appointment. I always use Quest, and have an early morning appointment. They have about 8 locations in The Villages, which makes it very easy to get an appointment online. They usually complete the results the next day, and they are available on their website. Also, try to avoid the locations that do employment drug tests. I have never used Alliance, but I do like Quest.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Aren't you special figure its just like a barber shop or arriving at a restaurant with out an appointment.
Old 04-17-2023, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Well both have lost all of my blood drawn, twice. Neither are high on my list
Old 04-17-2023, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Just had a very bad experience at Quest Lab and decided to share it.
Walked in without an appointment and signed in using their terminals > there is no real person to help you so no option. Since I didn't have an appointment I was assigned a number indicating appointments had priority and I thought it said my time would be 11:20 about a 25-minute wait. As I waited, the waiting room continued to fill up and their TV Monitor keep indicating people with appointments waiting. No one from Quest really comes to the door except to call in the next appointment. When the monitor start showing appointment waiting now past noon I got worried and tried to go to the terminal to get help > each time I was given another number. Finally, at 11:45 I ran up to the next Quest person who came to the door for their appointment and asked what the problem was. I got the feeling she really wasn't happy about having take the time to answer a question but Her answer was: If you don't have an appointment you have to wait longer until we take care of the appointments. WOW, I waited probably 50 minutes and wasn't even in a real Q yet.

Of course, I gave up and went to a close by Alliance Lab which had a real person at a desk to help me and no one waiting in line. I was taken right in and out in under 5 minutes.

We used to use Alliance Lab before COVID and I'm not sure why we switched to QUEST but after today's experience, I can assure you I know where we will go next. Please note your mileage may vary but I got a feeling Quest has way too much business and I prefer talking to real people vs a terminal or computer.

Oh, one more piece of random info, after leaving Quest I called Lab Corp to see what their availability was, and after listening to their extended message about COVID and everything else in the world I gave up. It's interesting how medical facilities and many others try their hardest to run you through extended messages and computer dialog which often leave you no closer to getting help than when you started.

We used Quest. We request and get an appointment. Never had a problem.

Aside, I do not like talking to computers either. Like it or not it is the current reality.

Far as covid as an excuse. Reminded me of, TRUTH, grade school. A student told the teacher, the homework was not there because his/her dog chewed it up. The teacher's reply was, we were all form the same apartment complex with no dogs allowed. These things later evolved to computer eating stuff up. More recently the COVID excuse.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Used Lab Corp with an online appointment, checked in by text out in the parking lot, 5 minutes later they texted back, walked in and out in 10 minutes....easy...
Old 04-17-2023, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

You can go to Questdiagnostics.com and set up a free account. From there, you can make an appointment at any of their locations. They will send you an email when your test results are available to view on the website, and they will keep track of all your results for years, and display the results over time in a graph format. Very convenient.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I guess you thought you should jump the line ahead of those who made an appointment?
Old 04-17-2023, 06:48 PM

Always make an appointment. Those with appointments always have priority. If I had been in your position, i would have immediately went on line to make an appointment … Quest is not so busy now and its easy to make an appointment if you are willing to look at the alternate locations. I made an appointment last Wednesday evening for a Thursday 7 am appointment. No issues.
Old 04-18-2023, 04:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
the problem was that you were a walk-in with no appointment. I always use quest, and have an early morning appointment. They have about 8 locations in the villages, which makes it very easy to get an appointment online. They usually complete the results the next day, and they are available on their website. Also, try to avoid the locations that do employment drug tests. I have never used alliance, but i do like quest.
me too. Schedule early you never wait
Old 04-18-2023, 04:36 AM

Never had a problem at Quest. Alway have an appointment
Old 04-18-2023, 05:03 AM

All it took was once for me with that same experience to learn to make an appointment. Easy and done! Quest does an outstanding job and delivers the results to your doctor and to you in an efficient manner.
Old 04-18-2023, 05:33 AM

I like Quest. Always make my appointment online the night before. They take appointments every 15 minutes. I have seen people waiting for a long time as well. I even mentioned to one person to go on their phone & make an appointment. It seems silly to wait when it is easy to do. Obviously more appointments will continue to arrive. I am glad you found a lab you like. Everyone has different cups of tea.
Old 04-18-2023, 05:51 AM
Veteran member

Totally agree with OP. If you are not adding to the revenue stream, you don’t exist. I find myself listening to annoying Euro-trash electronic sounds while on hold waiting for retail customer service. Now even the practice of medicine often lacks common customer/patient service. It is not a matter of waiting one’s turn. It is a matter of being able to ask a question - communicate - with someone without having to wait forever to get a response to a simple question. Shouldn’t need to have an appointment or wait on hold forever to ask a question.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

Dadspet....you switched from Alliance because their computers were hacked a couple years ago and all of their labs were closed. I, too, went to Quest without an appointment at 6:30AM and had to wait also. I have now switched back to Alliance and am very happy. No appointment needed.
Closed Thread

Tags
quest, appointment, lab, real, waiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.