Question about Covid treatment

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2022, 04:44 PM
Default Question about Covid treatment

I’m curious if anyone who is part of The Villages Health Care system has seen their doctor for C. I’m pretty sick but not sure if they would be able to do anything to help symptom wise. Any advice or experience?
Old 12-06-2022, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
I’m curious if anyone who is part of The Villages Health Care system has seen their doctor for C. I’m pretty sick but not sure if they would be able to do anything to help symptom wise. Any advice or experience?
Not experienced, but you can check out this website for a Florida treatment location.

Treatment Locator
Old 12-06-2022, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

When I had it in may, contacted our doc thru her portal and has for a prescription for paclovid. Did lessen my symptoms but did wind up with rebound covid.
Old 12-06-2022, 05:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
. You can call your dr. and set up a Telehealth appt to address all of this, including whether or not to get a prescription for Paxlovid. If you can't do telehealth, am sure they would talk to you over the phone.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,972 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion
Inability to wake or stay awake
Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
Heck of a time to ask here 04:44pm
I'm sure you had all day to address this with your Dr office
Old 12-06-2022, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
. You can call your dr. and set up a Telehealth appt to address all of this, including whether or not to get a prescription for Paxlovid. If you can't do telehealth, am sure they would talk to you over the phone.
You may be sure, but I'm not. They don't get paid to talk on the phone, and usually don't write a prescription without seeing you. I think you would need an in-office visit or an official telehealth appointment in order to get a prescription.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

One data point here. We both contracted Covid last Thursday from a “friend” at golf and lunch after. I began to feel flulike stuff last Sat morning. Wife was ok. We had some unused Covid tests and we took one. I was positive she was not.

Damn, each of us vaxed twice and twice boosted. After my positive test we called the Friend, they tested he was positive. They just got back from a trip to NY, planes, hotel….

I called my Dr - Premier Medical thru Freedom Health. The Dr on duty Sat prescribed Paxlovid, a five day RX. So this is day 3.5 and I’m doing well. No fever. Cough just about gone. Nasal fine, never lost taste, smell. Lucky as I have COPD. Test this am still shows positive.

Now my wife has The Villages Health. She tested positive Sunday and called the Dr Offc. The duty Dr did not want to prescribe any meds for her Covid. Just tea cough drops Tylenol rest etc. she’s doing ok but not as good as me. They gave her no reason why to not prescribe RX

So be it. All in all glass is half full. We got it even being double vaxed boosted. A seemingly mild case. I did not die with COPD and Covid. And now we will develop more antibodies. Life goes on.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You may be sure, but I'm not. They don't get paid to talk on the phone, and usually don't write a prescription without seeing you. I think you would need an in-office visit or an official telehealth appointment in order to get a prescription.
As I said earlier our doc gave it to me. My case was worse than my wife and she decided she didnt need it.

Annoying part is after I got it moved into other bedroom and used other bathroom and she caught.

BTW back from a cruise two weeks ago and she got covid on the ship and we both quarantined for last 6 days. This in spite of 2 vaccine doses and 3 boosters. At least I was spared the latest case.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:47 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Covid

We got when we returned from vacation out west. Went to Urgent Care on 466a in Wildwood. Got Rx for Plaxa, steriod and antibiotic for 5 days. Also told to take vitamin c, d and zinc.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Default Easy way or hard way.

Quote:
I decided to soldier through Covid with nothing more than my immune system. It hung on for 2 solid weeks and the cough stayed behind for a solid month. It was pure misery. Both of my adult children started PAXLOVID after becoming sick and the symptoms completely disappeared after 24 hours. They went from misery to feeling absolutely normal over night. It was miraculous. One of them had rebound Covid ,but, it was very mild. Give you primary physician a call and see what he/she thinks. Wishing you a healthy fast recovery. Additional note: Neither one had to see the Physician face-to-face. One was in Orlando and the other was in New York. All it took was a phone call that initiated a video visit by phone.

Last edited by LoriAnn; 12-07-2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAnn View Post
I decided to soldier through Covid with nothing more than my immune system. It hung on for 2 solid weeks and the cough stayed behind for a solid month. It was pure misery. Both of my adult children started PAXLOVID after becoming sick and the symptoms completely disappeared after 24 hours. They went from misery to feeling absolutely normal over night. It was miraculous. One of them had rebound Covid ,but, it was very mild. Give you primary physician a call and see what he/she thinks. Wishing you a healthy fast recovery. Additional note: Neither one had to see the Physician face-to-face. One was in Orlando and the other was in New York. All it took was a phone call that initiated a video visit by phone.
Yes. Note my previous post re this yesterday. I have Premier Med/Freedom Health. The doc on call duty last Saturday asked me a few questions then phoned in the Rx for Paxlovid. I’ve been on it since Sat PM and feeling close to normal now. I have COPD so was worried re getting Covid. But for me it was a mild flu case. My wife with TV Health, she called Doc on duty Sunday and was told to use Tylenol tea cough drops.

I seemed to get the symptoms one day before her. But she is quite a bit worse today than I was yesterday. So as of now, a plus for a Covid med like Paxlovid.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
As I said earlier our doc gave it to me. My case was worse than my wife and she decided she didnt need it.

Annoying part is after I got it moved into other bedroom and used other bathroom and she caught.

BTW back from a cruise two weeks ago and she got covid on the ship and we both quarantined for last 6 days. This in spite of 2 vaccine doses and 3 boosters. At least I was spared the latest case.
Unlike other vaccinations, being vaccinated for COVID does not prevent you from getting COVID. The purpose of being vaccinated is that it greatly lessens the symptoms and usually prevents hospitalization.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true. Why would they want to expose their office to the virus? My daughter just got her paxlovid via a phone call to her doc. No appt or telehealth necessary.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
If you plan to seek medical care to lessen symptoms, I suggest you contact a physician very soon after the first sign of symptoms rather than waiting. I received and took Paxlovid to lessen symptoms and reduce the risk of serious effects of covid. I believe it is generally prescribed only if started within five days of onset of covid.

In my case, I self tested positive at home and had a prompt televisit with the physician (not the Villages healthcare system). Then he prescribed Paxlovid.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
When I had it in may, contacted our doc thru her portal and has for a prescription for paclovid. Did lessen my symptoms but did wind up with rebound covid.
If it rebounds, another course of Paxlovid usually takes care of it. Sometimes one course isn’t enough. It’s okay to take it again.
Closed Thread

Tags
i’m, question, pretty, symptom, wise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.