Recommendations for Neurosurgeons outside of The Villages

Old 03-23-2024, 07:26 AM
Default Wrong name

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
If you can get her primary to order an MRI, that may shorten the process. I saw Dr. Oh at Shands and they required an mri before my first appt. That was a huge timesaver because any neuro that you see is going to order one and then you'll have to wait for an mri appt, then wait for a follow-up appt for the results. If you get the MRI, be sure and tell the neuro that you already have one.
It’s dr HOH not oh! He’s a world wide surgeon!! He operated on my head.. I spent two months in a coma there still alive !!
Old 03-23-2024, 07:45 AM

Go to U of F, Shands in Gainesville for top quality care.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:53 AM
Default Neurosurgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My wife has what is apparently a ruptured disc which may need surgery. All of the neurosurgeons we've contacted in The Villages (and Ocala and Leesberg) can't even see her for a month, much less do surgery on her. She's in a huge amount of pain and is having to use a wheelchair as she can't even walk with a walker. She needs to see somebody soon but still needs to see somebody who is really good. Can anybody recommend a neurosurgeon outside of The Villages, such as in Orlando, Tampa or Gainesville?
I had the same issues I did have to wait a month no other surgeon was available. I finally got in with Dr. Hill in Leesburg and I’m finally going to have surgery and another month also had excruciating pain but they are so busy because obviously in our age, this is normal procedures for them.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:29 AM

Try this MD, I don't know more, but credentials look very good. Jayson Sack, MD, FAANS
4 Google reviews
Address: 2590 Healing Wy Suite 210, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
Phone: (813) 467-4290
Neurosurgeon in Wesley Chapel, Florida

4.9stars rating (204reviews)View ratings and comments for Jayson Sack, MD, FAANS
Neurological Surgery

AdventHealth Medical Group
AdventHealth Physician Network
Provider Networks
Accepts New Patients
Old 03-23-2024, 08:43 AM
Default Neurosurgeon

Dr. Jacob Freeman in Ocala….my husband is getting ready to have his third surgery with him. We highly recommend him. But I must say, he is very busy, but worth the wait. Having an MRI and CT SCAN before will def speed up the process. BTW he does his surgeries at Ocala Regional and we have been super pleased with them. Best of luck to your wife.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
My wife has what is apparently a ruptured disc which may need surgery. All of the neurosurgeons we've contacted in The Villages (and Ocala and Leesberg) can't even see her for a month, much less do surgery on her. She's in a huge amount of pain and is having to use a wheelchair as she can't even walk with a walker. She needs to see somebody soon but still needs to see somebody who is really good. Can anybody recommend a neurosurgeon outside of The Villages, such as in Orlando, Tampa or Gainesville?
Dr Manzano Orlando.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Dr. Karuppiah in Ocala, did my back about 6 years ago. Fused 3 vert. screws, rods, disc. still doing fine. Do your research on whoever you decide, check the reviews.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:30 AM
Smile

I am sorry for your wife's pain. I was diagnosed with a disk problem over 2 years ago but without the serious pain. The first neurosurgeon I saw (John Main in Ocala) said if I did not get surgery to fuse two disks right away, something very serious could happen. Instead of rushing into that, I got two other expert opinions both of which recommended holding off on surgery until symptoms increase and impact my lifestyle. Now 2.5 years later, thankfully I still haven't needed the surgery and am still enjoying pickleball, etc. I recommend the following neurosurgeons:

• Dr. Nohra El Chalouhi (UF Neurosurgery,Gainesville); 352-273-9000 or 352.265.7763
• Dr. Mitchell Supler (Ocoee, FL); https://massonsi.com; 407-649-8585

Quote:
Old 03-23-2024, 03:16 PM

I had spinal surgery to repair discs, etc at Orlando Neurosurgery. They are right next to Advent Hospital. I had immediate relief from pain when they brought me to my room. As a matter of fact, I needed to use the restroom and they went to bring me a urinal. Instead, I hopped out of bed and walked to the restroom. The following day, my daughter and I walked around the hospital floor for 25 minutes while waiting for discharge papers. My surgeon was Dr. Rosen. You must have a very recent MRI.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:59 PM

Dr Norah Chalouhi at Shands
Old 03-23-2024, 05:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Any chance you mean Daniel "Hoh" and not "Oh"?
Yes.
Old 03-23-2024, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Do what a neighbor suggested to us: Go to Gainesville to "shop." About a block from Shands, lay on the sidewalk and call 911.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Mayo in Jacksonville. 3 hour drive. Hotel on the campus.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

yes, but can you imagine the agony of riding in a car that long days after? i came in from orlando, it was horrible

Tags
villages, neurosurgeons, surgery, recommendations, walker

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.