Reommendations for "Neuro" of "Ortho" Surgeon: SPINAL STENOSIS - L2/3, L3/4, & L4/5

Old 05-15-2024, 03:38 PM
Default Reommendations for "Neuro" of "Ortho" Surgeon: SPINAL STENOSIS - L2/3, L3/4, & L4/5

I have been an active runner and gym rat most of my life, however; I have always had to deal with lower back pain. Pain management has helped me over the years but my last MRI indicates moderate and severe spinal stenosis from basically L2 Thru L5.

If anyone out there has dealt with this nagging and painful condition and has had success with minimally invasive, or multi-level spinal fusion surgery, I would appreciate it very much if you would share your success and the doctor who performed the procedure. There is also a new technique (TOPS™ System) that has not went mainstream as of yet, so if anybody knows anything, please share.

There are so many pros & cons of several techniques, I would just like to schedule an appointment with a doctor that would take the time to realistically go over my options. At 70 years old, I would like to be able to get back to being active and if there is a doctor out there that someone thinks could help me, I would greatly appreciate his or her input.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and share your positive experiences.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:26 PM

I'm in a similar boat and am looking for solutions. I cant vouch for these guys but there is a webinar this evening that Ill be attending.

Events | ReActiv8: Low Back Pain Recovery
Old 05-16-2024, 05:58 AM

Thank you...I missed this one but they have one 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7pm CT. I'll check out the next one. Thanks again!
Old 05-16-2024, 06:33 AM

Had unbearable back pain the travel down my left leg and couldn’t walk. When my pain doctor saw my MRI he said epidurals won’t help so he recommended a neurosurgeon. Saw Dr. Christopher Baker in Orlando and though I was against anyone messing around with my spinal cord he put my wife and I at ease by patiently going over my MRI layer by layer. Had L3 and L4 fused and that stopped the pain pretty quickly since the disc was no longer pressing on my spinal cord.
So I definitely recommend Advent health and Dr. Baker if you’re needing a competent caring neurosurgeon with over 35 years experience.
(407) 975-0200
Old 05-16-2024, 07:53 AM

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I look forward to contacting Dr. Baker at Advent Health.

Tags
share, spinal, doctor, years, success

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.