Rose Wellness Clinic

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2021, 10:43 AM
Default Rose Wellness Clinic

Just curious how patients feel about the Rose Wellness Clinic at LSL.

I went there as a patient last week and was NOT impressed. I had lower back pain and was hoping for an adjustment. I went into much detail about my pain to the doctor. He brought me into this room, onto a bed to put heat and a TENS stimulator on my lower back where the next patient's bed is literally two feet away from mine. The guy was half naked and too close for comfort especially during this Covid time.

After the TENS treatment, they took me into this area that was a Cut-through room for all other rooms to work on my back with another doctor. I had to explain my condition again to the new doc. Meanwhile, patients/staff were cutting through while I was being worked on. There was actually another patient in the same room as I watching me and waiting his turn. No privacy at all. At this time, the new doctor was working on my neck and mid back. I explained to him I'm here for my lower back. No adjustments or manipulations were done to my back.

The first doctor told me I should have x-rays. OK, guess what ? Their x-ray machine isn't working. They wanted me to go to Lake Medical Imaging at my convenience. They handed me a x-ray order/request, when I returned home I read the request and it said "area of x-ray" of the MID BACK and they also put my wrong phone number on the request as well. I explained TWICE to the doctors, and also indicated on a graph I handed in where my pain is.

Just curious If anyone used Rose Wellness Clinic in the past and your thoughts.

Never again for me.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i have not, but will most likely stay away after reading ur post. some adjustments can cause your problems to increase, imo, but that's just me
Old 02-02-2021, 10:53 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Not impressed that errors were made. As to others near you...if they aren't sneezing or coughing or touching you there is no possible way to contact the virus from them.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In 2017 I had lower back pain, so bad I could not go to the mall or even grocery shopping without sitting down after five minutes and quit golfing for three months. My Villages doctor sent me for an MRI at Lake Imaging. They said, I had a degenerative L1 thru L-5. My doctor said you're a good candidate for fusion surgery, let me refer you to a back surgeon in Ocala.

I said let me try a couple of alternatives. At the time I saw a big ad in the Daily Sun by Legacy Chiropractic at Laurel Manor. I read reviews on TOTV and they had many glowing reviews. So I called and went in for a consultation. They actually pulled my MRI up on a TV monitor from the Lake Imaging website and showed me my problems, no cartilage between my vertebrate. He discussed they have a ten week, 30 session plan for my situation for $3300 or if I paid all up front, only $3,000. This included nutrients and a cushion that I sit on at home.

I said, I'll give you $1500 for half the sessions and at the halfway point, if I feel improvement I'll continue and if not, I'm quitting. I had gone 2-1/2 weeks and 8 sessions and I noticed they had charged my credit card another $1500 without mentioning it to me. I thought I had paid for up to five weeks, I called and spoke to the chiropractor, he tried hard to convince me I was making progress and it would take the entire ten weeks. I told him to cancel me out and I want a refund.

They switched to accounting, who said, the form I signed had given them permission to automatically charge for additional sessions. Anyway, I got a check a couple of weeks later for $1500, even though I didn't feel my original $1500 was even fully used.

I thought acupuncture or inversion table. I read many good things about an inversion table and it was Christmas time in 2017 and I saw a Teeter Inversion Table on sale for $250 at Dick's Sporting Goods in Ocala. I went and purchased the table and used it about five minutes a day and after about four to five weeks all my pain went away. Now three years later the pain is still gone and I use it just maybe 2 or 3 minutes a day.

A word of caution, this has been discussed on TOTV before, a few others have said they tried an inversion table and had no luck. Same with MVP Gym where I go, I know two fellows who tried it there because of my recommendation and neither said it worked. I think many of those are using it just a few times and don't like being inverted and quit, or don't give it enough time. What needs to be done is to start out slowly with the feet just slightly higher than the head, then each week move the inversion a few inches more. I still don't go completely inverted, I use about 170 degrees instead of 180, and that plenty of stretch for me.

You can find inversion tables on TOTV about once a month for sale, anywhere from $50 to $100, or brand new lesser name brands on Amazon or eBay for $100 to $150. I just wanted a Teeter because I wanted something that looked nice and professional since it would be sitting in my home all the time, and I see them on HSN and QVC all the time, so I know they are quality. This one is identical to mine, it's $329, but like I said I got it on sale for $250.

The Villages Florida

In 2017 I also started taking Glucosamine twice a day, I purchase these from Walmart.

The Villages Florida

I did get one bit of information from the chiropractor. They gave me one of these cushions, which I sit on every morning while reading the newspaper for the past 3-1/2 years. I don't know if it's helping, but it does loosen your back and if it's working, I'm not changing.

The Villages Florida

Amazon.com
Old 02-02-2021, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denbal82 View Post

I went there as a patient last week and was NOT impressed. I had lower back pain and was hoping for an adjustment. I went into much detail about my pain to the doctor. He brought me into this room, onto a bed to put heat and a TENS stimulator on my lower back where the next patient's bed is literally two feet away from mine. The guy was half naked and too close for comfort especially during this Covid time.

After the TENS treatment, they took me into this area that was a Cut-through room for all other rooms to work on my back with another doctor. I had to explain my condition again to the new doc. Meanwhile, patients/staff were cutting through while I was being worked on. There was actually another patient in the same room as I watching me and waiting his turn. No privacy at all. At this time, the new doctor was working on my neck and mid back. I explained to him I'm here for my lower back. No adjustments or manipulations were done to my back.

The first doctor told me I should have x-rays. OK, guess what ? Their x-ray machine isn't working. They wanted me to go to Lake Medical Imaging at my convenience. They handed me a x-ray order/request, when I returned home I read the request and it said "area of x-ray" of the MID BACK and they also put my wrong phone number on the request as well. I explained TWICE to the doctors, and also indicated on a graph I handed in where my pain is.

Never again for me.
I'm not familiar with the Rose Wellness Clinic or the type of "doctors" there, but from the description of their services they are NOT doctors, they are chiropractors. Therefore, it's safe to expect screw-ups, starting with treating a patient BEFORE obtaining the x-rays.
I once saw a patient of one of my partners when she came into the ER paralyzed from the waist down. She had back pain, had been seeing a chiropractor for 6 weeks, NO x-rays or MRI, and progressively got worse. Her MRI from the ER showed a large spinal cord tumor causing cord compression at the T10 level, a neurosurgical emergency. I sent her off to the University medical Center where she died 3 weeks later. The tragedy is that she was a nursing supervisor at our hospital
Another patient had been seeing a chiropractor for 3 months for headaches. She lived for 5 weeks after I found her glioblastoma multiforme
Now kiddies, it is fine to get treated by a chiropractor. They have helped patients in ways I could not (or understand), but it sometimes works. I have referred dozens of patients to them over the years. But FIRST see a board certified orthopedist or neurologist and get an accurate diagnosis, NOT this "spine is out of alignment" or "vertebral subluxation" crap that they tell everyone, which is nothing more than chirospeak for "I don't know what you have, but since I only know one way to treat everything I'll go ahead and do that"
Old 02-02-2021, 04:16 PM

I'm glad the inversion table has worked for you. I too have low cartilage between my discs and wonder what the future holds. I get along fine and play golf and jog sometimes. As you know, surgery is your last resort. I have also saw inversion tables in the TOTV classifieds and hopefully I won't need one.

Thanks for sharing your story and avoid Rose Wellness Clinic.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:40 AM

I think they are great....Always fixed my back.....
Old 02-03-2021, 06:24 AM

not Impressed either. They do as much as they can to stay within the limits of Medicare. IMHO, this is a place to minimize minor aches and pains and make you feel better. If you have a real problem go to a reputable pain doctor. They should order an MRI and real X-ray to diagnosis the problem. I strongly recommend the pain clinic on 466 next to Rolling acres road. You may need a referral from your family doctor. They are great.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

Never again for me.
Theyre not doctors. Why didnt you go to your dr first and get a script for xrays. Why would you let anyone work on your back blindly with no xrays to refer to? Thats a tragedy waiting to happen. Just because you have back pain doesnt mean your back is the problem. Many other issues cause back pain. You wasted valuable time
Old 02-03-2021, 07:32 AM
Default Inversion Table

Quote:
I'm glad the inversion table has worked for you. I too have low cartilage between my discs and wonder what the future holds. I get along fine and play golf and jog sometimes. As you know, surgery is your last resort. I have also saw inversion tables in the TOTV classifieds and hopefully I won't need one.

Thanks for sharing your story and avoid Rose Wellness Clinic.
Be CAREFUL with inversion tables. Anyone with glaucoma or high eye pressure SHOULD NOT use one of these tables. Be sure to research contraindications before purchasing one of these tables.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeroger View Post
Be CAREFUL with inversion tables. Anyone with glaucoma or high eye pressure SHOULD NOT use one of these tables. Be sure to research contraindications before purchasing one of these tables.
Using an inversion table is something you should discuss with your doctor before buying, because they know your medical condition best and what treatments you should avoid.

In 2016 I felt terrible and contacted my VA Doctor and he actually saw me in person and prescribed a Z-Pack, which are antibiotics and he said I would be well in 5 days. Actually 5 days later I was sicker, and I talked to Dr. Aisenstat, my Villages Medicare Doctor and she sent me to Lake Imaging for a chest X-Ray and said I had pneumonia, which required a different treatment.

A year later when I started having the severe back pain, the first person I mentioned it to was Dr. Aisenstat and she sent me to Lake Imaging for an MRI, this was how I found out about my degenerative lower back.

By the time my back had become unbearable Dr. Aisenstat had retired, so I discussed the problem with my new doctor with TV medical system and we discussed an inversion table, and he looked at my medical history and said the table would be no problem for me to use. I would suggest keeping your doctor in the loop for all decisions medical wise.

If the doctor sends you to Lake Imaging, don't hesitate to go and have it done. I've found out many other conditions and it has saved my life. In 2017 during a cat-scan they found I had non-Hodgskins Lymphoma and had 3 bumps removed from my armpit. If not for the trip to Lake Imaging I would of probably be dead.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:26 AM

I had the very same experience. I had lower back pain, explained it to the First Dr. And he put the heat pad on my upper back/neck area. I had to tell him again that the pain was in my lower back. Then come to find out, they were billing my insurance for cervical problems. I had to point that out to them and they corrected the problem. You are lucky the “X-ray” machine was broken. It’s literally in a hall way. At the time that I was going very few employees wore masks, and sure enough one of the “Dr.s” tested positive for the virus. Fortunately, he was one of the few that wore a mask. I don’t know what they are doing now. I never returned after that.

Bad experience, overall. I absolutely would not recommend Rose Wellness Center.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Never again for me.
Been there done that and not even in Florida.

Many years ago I had a friend who gave me mussel relaxers for a back issue. They have been used for years. Side effects are very rare. One day problem done.

Long after same problem it was a sunday I went to the hospital. The emergency room was loaded with people coughing etc. No we can't give you a mussel relaxer with out tests. I had good insurance. May not be fair but I expect they wanted to bill as much as they could. They insisted on a blood test. Someone came in to when I asked feel if you kidneys were swollen. He/she was not happy when I in cross your eyes pain told them that kidneys are not where they were playing about.

In the end they prescribed mussel relaxers and told me if it doesn't go away in two days to see my doctor. And that is how a $20 prescription was billed at close to a grand.

Between making a profit, paying for all the equipment and covering for attorney risk
medical care is not what it should be or how I remember it was at one time.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Been there done that and not even in Florida.

Many years ago I had a friend who gave me mussel relaxers for a back issue. They have been used for years. Side effects are very rare. One day problem done.

Long after same problem it was a sunday I went to the hospital. The emergency room was loaded with people coughing etc. No we can't give you a mussel relaxer with out tests. I had good insurance. May not be fair but I expect they wanted to bill as much as they could. They insisted on a blood test. Someone came in to when I asked feel if you kidneys were swollen. He/she was not happy when I in cross your eyes pain told them that kidneys are not where they were playing about.

In the end they prescribed mussel relaxers and told me if it doesn't go away in two days to see my doctor. And that is how a $20 prescription was billed at close to a grand.

Between making a profit, paying for all the equipment and covering for attorney risk
medical care is not what it should be or how I remember it was at one time.
So, in other words, your expectation was that you could go to an ER, dictate your own treatment with pharmaceutical agents, and not have an evaluation by a health care professional because you once took a "mussel relaxant" for back pain. What is that anyway? Something to sedate shellfish????

An ER is not a cafeteria, you cannot self diagnose and choose your own treatment, even if it's just a MUSCLE relaxant
Old 02-03-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Never again for me.
They are a fraud. My husband paid a lot of money for so called treatments and left just as bad if not worse. I personally know a woman who worked there. She told me he is not a real doctor and the whole thing is a scam.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, doctor, pain, lower, x-ray

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.