Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2023, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts
Default Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking

At CoachK's hospitals, the hospital staff COVID infection rate is borderline to the hospitals requiring staff and patients to be masked mandatorily.

Friends of mine are coming down sick testing positive. .

Just facts, no judgements, YMMV

Boston waste water upticking and its still summertime in the NorthEast!
Old 08-23-2023, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Once again, "the sky is falling!"
Old 08-23-2023, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Covid is not finished with us.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Once again, "the sky is falling!"
That's your judgement, i reported facts only. .
There was no judgment of the sky is falling in the factual post, and the facts suggest a change in hospital environment to minimize employee shortages. .

Not sure you would prefer employee shortages when you need hospital care, correct?
Old 08-23-2023, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:42 AM

Thread of the year.
That’s some funny stuff right there!
Old 08-23-2023, 10:19 AM
Sage

Forced close-downs. "They" said earlier that the face-diapers don't work. Think about it----hard!! Did y'all comply before by staying in as much as possible, did you wash your hands and social distance and do everything told to you before-----yet still got the infection?? Tis strange it seemed to almost "go away" and now is re-emerging.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
At CoachK's hospitals, the hospital staff COVID infection rate is borderline to the hospitals requiring staff and patients to be masked mandatorily.

Friends of mine are coming down sick testing positive. .

Just facts, no judgements, YMMV

Boston waste water upticking and its still summertime in the NorthEast!
Let’s just hope we learned from the last go around that paper face masks are useless for the person wearing it and closing down the economy is disastrous. Maybe not
Old 08-23-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
That's your judgement, i reported facts only. .
There was no judgment of the sky is falling in the factual post, and the facts suggest a change in hospital environment to minimize employee shortages. .

Not sure you would prefer employee shortages when you need hospital care, correct?
Please there has been hospital employee shortages for 10 years. Why go to nursing school when UPS will pay you 6 figures plus OT, and zero education debt
Old 08-23-2023, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Covid is not finished with us.
I guess I am on of the Lone Rangers. I still practice social distancing, won't even think about spending time in a large group setting like concerts, wash my hands regularly, and routinely disinfect my home . But, I have not gone back to wearing a mask. I have not had Covid and I try to keep it that way. Why invite trouble?
Old 08-23-2023, 06:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default If You’re Sick

If you get sick, you should wear a mask so you don’t get others sick. I think 5 days after the first symptoms is way good enough though. Fortunately, COVID isn’t the death sentence for the few it used to be. In addition we have Paxlovid and other treatments. Just be courteous if you are sick and stay home a few days. Remember it spreads pneumatically so mask up if you are sick and need to get out. Masks don’t prevent a whole lot, but they can help prevent you from spreading it to others.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 08-23-2023, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
If you get sick, you should wear a mask so you don’t get others sick. I think 5 days after the first symptoms is way good enough though. Fortunately, COVID isn’t the death sentence for the few it used to be. In addition we have Paxlovid and other treatments. Just be courteous if you are sick and stay home a few days. Remember it spreads pneumatically so mask up if you are sick and need to get out. Masks don’t prevent a whole lot, but they can help prevent you from spreading it to others.
The problem is way to many people will travel amongst the rest of us with covid without wear ing a mask or even testing
Old 08-23-2023, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The problem is way to many people will travel amongst the rest of us with covid without wear ing a mask or even testing
It's all about risk reduction. If ONE person who actually did test, tested positive, and has symptoms, wears a mask in public, then it'll be that much less risk of other people getting sick.

If TEN have symptoms, test positive, and wear masks, then it's that much less risk, times 10.

If that reduced risk prevents ONE person in this country from dying, then it's a successful effort as far as I'm concerned. Your right to live is more valuable to me than my right to not wear a mask. So for everyone else's sake - if I test positive and have symptoms, I'll try to stay in the house for a few days - and if I have to go out, I'll wear a mask.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:36 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Thank you (not) Wuhan, China.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-23-2023, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I guess I am on of the Lone Rangers. I still practice social distancing, won't even think about spending time in a large group setting like concerts, wash my hands regularly, and routinely disinfect my home . But, I have not gone back to wearing a mask. I have not had Covid and I try to keep it that way. Why invite trouble?
How do you know you have not had Covid? My husband had NO, NADA, NONE symptoms. He tested because i was positive. Guess what? He was positive 2 days later. He never would have known.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospitals, staff, covid, sick, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.