Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
And you believe those numbers? If someone went in for a broken arm, they coded it Covid! All numbers were hyper inflated. Don’t believe a word…..sheeple.
I was responding to the erroneous information posted by our resident Covid "Chicken Little"...

Your "sheeple" insult is misdirected...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-28-2023, 03:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erider View Post
Cochrane Library

The pooled results of RCTs did not show a clear reduction in respiratory viral infection with the use of medical/surgical masks. There were no clear differences between the use of medical/surgical masks compared with N95/P2 respirators in healthcare workers when used in routine care to reduce respiratory viral infection.
You forgot this little tidbit in the study you were quoting.....
Many studies were conducted during non‐epidemic influenza periods. Several were conducted during the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic, and others in epidemic influenza seasons up to 2016. Therefore, many studies were conducted in the context of lower respiratory viral circulation and transmission compared to COVID‐19.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Amazing how much better the feed looks after a.couple of clicks and a single add to the ignore list.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-28-2023, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We've had a few folks in a club I'm in here in the Villages who've been sick with COVID within the past month. One had to be hospitalized for a couple of days as a precaution but they're out now and slowly recovering. The others seem to have had some moderate symptoms and have already recovered.

I'll wear a mask if the CDC and my health insurance company and doctor recommends it, whether the state requires it or not. I don't give a flying fert what the state has to say about it. I care about MY health, and the health of my friends and family. The state can jump off a cliff for all I care. I have left over masks, and I'm happy to use them if it's recommended, or if any stores I shop at require them.

Unlike some people, I'm not afraid to wear a mask, I don't fear the loss of freedom and in fact I celebrate my freedom to do as I darned well please. Including - wearing a mask.
Shouldn't you be naming the Federal Government instead of the State?
The Fed is the one mandating while the State is giving you a choice, but we know your logic here, OrangeBlossomLady....
Old 08-28-2023, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,521 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Shouldn't you be naming the Federal Government instead of the State?
The Fed is the one mandating while the State is giving you a choice, but we know your logic here, OrangeBlossomLady....
You seem to misremember the mandate that public schools were not ALLOWED to mandate masks, putting children at risk of illness, and their families at risk when little Susie came home with a cough.

Perhaps you don't remember when the Sheriff of Ocala refused to ALLOW anyone in his building wearing a mask - they were required to take them off if they wanted to come inside.

Even when the state reversed its school anti-mask mandate, they didn't offer accommodations for students who wanted to keep a social distance from other students whose parents chose not to make their kids wear masks. That's not giving kids or parents choices. That's a very decisive anti-mask agenda, and stripping freedoms from people.

And as I said, I don't care what the state says about it. I don't care what anti-whatever agenda the state chooses to mandate from one week to the next. I will continue exercising my Federally-mandated FREEDOM to wear my mask, or not, as I see fit or as is required by any private building that permits me to enter.
Old 08-28-2023, 07:41 PM

Quote:

Even when the state reversed its school anti-mask mandate, they didn't offer accommodations for students who wanted to keep a social distance from other students whose parents chose not to make their kids wear masks. That's not giving kids or parents choices. That's a very decisive anti-mask agenda, and stripping freedoms from people.

And as I said, I don't care what the state says about it. I don't care what anti-whatever agenda the state chooses to mandate from one week to the next. I will continue exercising my Federally-mandated FREEDOM to wear my mask, or not, as I see fit or as is required by any private building that permits me to enter.
This makes no sense. If you think masks work against Covid, then why should it matter what other people do? Wear your mask and the kids who want to can mask up as well. Everybody does what is best for them and everyone is happy.
Old 08-28-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
You seem to misremember the mandate that public schools were not ALLOWED to mandate masks, putting children at risk of illness, and their families at risk when little Susie came home with a cough.

Perhaps you don't remember when the Sheriff of Ocala refused to ALLOW anyone in his building wearing a mask - they were required to take them off if they wanted to come inside.

Did you know, that now they are saying "Masks can cause cancer"? Most of the masks that are worn here in the United States come from China... You know, the same place where cancer-causing Drywall came from..
Maybe I'll get a "Like" from your Kissy Kissy "tophcfa" this time...
Old 08-28-2023, 11:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

That’s fair, but just one question: When you exercise your freedom to wear your mask, just what do you think you are protecting yourself from? Certainly not a virus, maybe particulates from a nearby fire?
Old 08-29-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsnave View Post
Oh this uptick is horrible. I am getting prepared and taking precautions against the virus.

I am marking and selling anti virus masks. These are selling for $19.99 ...but wait If you act now I will include a second mask for only $3.99 and all you will pay is shipping and handling.

Please order now
This must be the funniest thing this person has ever done in their life....
Have posted it 3-to 4 times here already. Go to the sales section maybe you get someone to bite.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,521 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That’s fair, but just one question: When you exercise your freedom to wear your mask, just what do you think you are protecting yourself from? Certainly not a virus, maybe particulates from a nearby fire?
Why do you care? Maybe I'm not protecting myself from anything. Maybe I want to make a fashion statement. Maybe I like the idea that the Japanese typically wear masks when they leave the house, and I want to start a trend. Maybe I'm a Muslim Arab woman who feels that you don't deserve the privilege of seeing my face and masks are more comfortable than full-veil hijabs.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospitals, staff, covid, sick, testing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.