Rx eyeglasses: fast turnaround

Old 03-11-2024, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I buy all of my prescription eyeglasses from Zenni.com. Not a particularly fast turnaround, but extremely inexpensive compared to stores. You can buy 4 or 5 pairs for the price of one store bought pair.
So when I put in spouse script, with zenni using a $49 Frame by the time everything adjusted for script with no rush ship total came to $297.00.

Just dropped off new script at Costco with what we would call a nicer frame, total $167.

Maybe you just need a script without any upgrades to get cheap rate
Old 03-11-2024, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So when I put in spouse script, with zenni using a $49 Frame by the time everything adjusted for script with no rush ship total came to $297.00.

Just dropped off new script at Costco with what we would call a nicer frame, total $167.

Maybe you just need a script without any upgrades to get cheap rate
I never add the upgrades. Most of the glasses I buy from Zenni are less than $25. Why do you need upgrades?

Note that you don't even need a prescription at Zenni. You just copy the information from the prescription onto the Zenni order form. Some eye doctors will write down optional features that you may not need, but you don't have to buy them. For me (and many other people), special coatings and other eyeglass treatments don't do anything to improve the glasses, and some just interfere with your vision.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 03-12-2024 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:00 PM

My wife has been using Zenni for many years and loves there choices and cost savings. I can easily count ten pairs of color choices on her dresser. 👍🏼
Old 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I never add the upgrades. Most of the glasses I buy from Zenni are less than $25. Why do you need upgrades?

Note that you don't even need a prescription at Zenni. You just copy the information from the prescription onto the Zenni order form. Some eye doctors will write down optional features that you may not need, but you don't have to buy them. For me (and many other people), special coatings and other eyeglass treatments don't do anything to improve the glasses, and some just interfere with your vision.
Wife needs new glasses and didnt know they didnt need copy of prescription. Now hope that they have the size of the frames she bought some years ago so we do not have to worry about the size.

Once again thanks for your help.

Tags
pair, tri-focal, recent, lost, costco

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.