Seniors First?

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Seniors First?

Winn Dixie will start taking online COVID vaccine appointments next week. They seem to have different eligibility requirements. According to their published rules, healthcare personnel, pharmacists, dentists and therapists, like your shrink, plus long term care facility residents have FIRST PRIORITY over ordinary seniors.

Then firefighters, police, food workers, like strawberry pickers, postal workers, grocery clerks and stock boys, public transit workers, like UBER drivers?, and teachers, plus people 75 and over that are at HIGH RISK OF ILLNESS AND DEATH from COVID are SECOND PRIORITY.

Now here's the kicker... Then truck drivers, food service people like waiters and waitresses and burger flippers, construction workers, like carpenters, people in finance, like your broker or banker, IT people, like the moderators of this website, people in communications, like telephone operators and car warranty scammers on the phone, people in the law profession, like your lawyer, media personal like reporters, photographers, pressmen and, I guess, newspaper delivery people, public safety people, like crossing guards and public health officials, plus people aged 16 and over who have risk of LIFE THREATENING COMPLICATIONS from COVID are considered THIRD PRIORITY.

So I guess if you are not sick or considered "high risk" but just old, you CAN NOT get a vaccine shot at Winn Dixie.

Oh, plus before I get my shot at Winn Dixie, I have to sign a waiver and sign my rights away if Winn Dixie screws up giving me the vaccine. AND I must reveal my race on that form. <Any lawyers out there that want to comment on that requirement?

So much for "Seniors First"!

Skip
Old 02-03-2021, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Winn Dixie will start taking online COVID vaccine appointments next week. They seem to have different eligibility requirements. According to their published rules, healthcare personnel, pharmacists, dentists and therapists, like your shrink, plus long term care facility residents have FIRST PRIORITY over ordinary seniors.

Then firefighters, police, food workers, like strawberry pickers, postal workers, grocery clerks and stock boys, public transit workers, like UBER drivers?, and teachers, plus people 75 and over that are at HIGH RISK OF ILLNESS AND DEATH from COVID are SECOND PRIORITY.

Now here's the kicker... Then truck drivers, food service people like waiters and waitresses and burger flippers, construction workers, like carpenters, people in finance, like your broker or banker, IT people, like the moderators of this website, people in communications, like telephone operators and car warranty scammers on the phone, people in the law profession, like your lawyer, media personal like reporters, photographers, pressmen and, I guess, newspaper delivery people, public safety people, like crossing guards and public health officials, plus people aged 16 and over who have risk of LIFE THREATENING COMPLICATIONS from COVID are considered THIRD PRIORITY.

So I guess if you are not sick or considered "high risk" but just old, you CAN NOT get a vaccine shot at Winn Dixie.

Oh, plus before I get my shot at Winn Dixie, I have to sign a waiver and sign my rights away if Winn Dixie screws up giving me the vaccine. AND I must reveal my race on that form. <Any lawyers out there that want to comment on that requirement?

So much for "Seniors First"!

Skip
Many other places to get it without all those restrictions.....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Those who are exposed to the public, who have to work to feed their families, can go first.

I am happy for those who are chasing the vaccine, spending days on every mobile device, and traveling hours to get their dose.

Haven’t changed much since last March, no worries on, or if vaccine will be available. Life is still good.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:49 PM

The rules you listed are federal program guidelines.
If you go one of the Florida or county operated sites, I think they are still keeping the priority to 65+ and healthcare workers
Old 02-03-2021, 11:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
AND I must reveal my race on that form. Any lawyers out there that want to comment on that requirement?
Skip
Forms that ask for race/ethnicity usually have a "DECLINE TO ANSWER" option. I noticed that the forms I printed out for my 2nd Pfizer shot in Lake County do not have such an option. I usually check DECLINE, not because I care if people know my race but because that info is being collected at the request of the feds and I don't think like that the govt collects such info and connects everything to race.

The vax form does allow you to check UNKNOWN if you don't know your race. I wonder how many people select that box.

kathy
Old 02-04-2021, 05:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Forms that ask for race/ethnicity usually have a "DECLINE TO ANSWER" option. I noticed that the forms I printed out for my 2nd Pfizer shot in Lake County do not have such an option. I usually check DECLINE, not because I care if people know my race but because that info is being collected at the request of the feds and I don't think like that the govt collects such info and connects everything to race.

The vax form does allow you to check UNKNOWN if you don't know your race. I wonder how many people select that box.

kathy
I usually write in Vulcan or Romulan depending on my mood, but Wookie is just as acceptable
Old 02-04-2021, 05:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,378 Times in 2,519 Posts

Pomosexual is a good choice when writing what sex you are.
Gives them something to look up.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I’ve said from the beginning that retired seniors should be last and WD is on the right track.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:40 AM

Why ever go to Winn Dixie in the first place... everything there is nasty
Old 02-04-2021, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaunchyRich View Post
Why ever go to Winn Dixie in the first place... everything there is nasty
So says someone with the screen name "Raunchy"
Old 02-04-2021, 05:51 AM

Why would a 66 year old retiree go before a 58 year old nurse, or a 49 year old physical therapist, or the firefighter who might have to give you CPR?
Old 02-04-2021, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So says someone with the screen name "Raunchy"
Old 02-04-2021, 05:56 AM

So much for seniors first.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:58 AM

If it means my children could go back to work safely, they could have my place in line (if I could even get in line, that is.) As things are now I figure it'll be a minimum of a year before they can get vaccinated. This country and more specifically my children and their spouses need to get back to work.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:59 AM

Yoga instructors are also considered educators and are high priority.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, workers, winn, dixie, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.