Old 02-04-2021, 06:09 AM

Wow --how things change!
Old 02-04-2021, 06:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaunchyRich View Post
Why ever go to Winn Dixie in the first place... everything there is nasty
My girlfriend used to think that. Then she actually went to one—the one at Lake Sumter Landing—and loved it. She said it is so much nicer than the Publix stores, has better quality produce, and is much less expensive.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:12 AM

So much for Winn Dixie
Old 02-04-2021, 06:14 AM

I won't patronize anything with Dixie in its name.

Last edited by ficoguy; 02-04-2021 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Spelling and punctutation
Old 02-04-2021, 06:18 AM

The same people that chased the toilet paper are probably chasing a vaccine
Old 02-04-2021, 06:18 AM

I will only address one item in your post. The requirement for race/ethnicity is a FEDERAL requirement on the form. This is not a Winn Dixie issue.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Winn Dixie will start taking online COVID vaccine appointments next week. They seem to have different eligibility requirements. According to their published rules, healthcare personnel, pharmacists, dentists and therapists, like your shrink, plus long term care facility residents have FIRST PRIORITY over ordinary seniors.

Then firefighters, police, food workers, like strawberry pickers, postal workers, grocery clerks and stock boys, public transit workers, like UBER drivers?, and teachers, plus people 75 and over that are at HIGH RISK OF ILLNESS AND DEATH from COVID are SECOND PRIORITY.

Now here's the kicker... Then truck drivers, food service people like waiters and waitresses and burger flippers, construction workers, like carpenters, people in finance, like your broker or banker, IT people, like the moderators of this website, people in communications, like telephone operators and car warranty scammers on the phone, people in the law profession, like your lawyer, media personal like reporters, photographers, pressmen and, I guess, newspaper delivery people, public safety people, like crossing guards and public health officials, plus people aged 16 and over who have risk of LIFE THREATENING COMPLICATIONS from COVID are considered THIRD PRIORITY.

So I guess if you are not sick or considered "high risk" but just old, you CAN NOT get a vaccine shot at Winn Dixie.

Oh, plus before I get my shot at Winn Dixie, I have to sign a waiver and sign my rights away if Winn Dixie screws up giving me the vaccine. AND I must reveal my race on that form. <Any lawyers out there that want to comment on that requirement?

So much for "Seniors First"!

Skip
I’m delighted that a week ago I managed to find a place to get a vaccination, despite being not much over 65. However, I do think the policy of Winn-Dixie is in line with the federal recommendations and a much more sensible way of decreasing cases by making communication of the virus more difficult. I WANT supermarket checkers to get vaccinated. They are at much greater risk of getting sick and passing it on than I am. The Florida policy is heavily based on the state wanting to reward a large pool of faithful voters.

As for the race question, I don’t like it either, but in this case it is relevant. This is how New York City discovered that African Americans were at greater risk of dying if they caught the disease. The government legitimately needs to know if they are also more likely to have side effects from the vaccination.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Winn Dixie will start taking online COVID vaccine appointments next week. They seem to have different eligibility requirements. According to their published rules, healthcare personnel, pharmacists, dentists and therapists, like your shrink, plus long term care facility residents have FIRST PRIORITY over ordinary seniors.

Then firefighters, police, food workers, like strawberry pickers, postal workers, grocery clerks and stock boys, public transit workers, like UBER drivers?, and teachers, plus people 75 and over that are at HIGH RISK OF ILLNESS AND DEATH from COVID are SECOND PRIORITY.

If I understand you correctly, I believe you are reading more into this than was intended. As others have stated, and as shown on the Winn-Dixie page, these are the CDC guidelines: 75+ are in group 1B and 65+ in group 1C. These are the same groupings that all other sites in Florida are using EXCEPT that Florida is also allowing 65+ in group 1B.

As for the waiver, that *might* be common to all Covid vaccination locations.

As for my revealing my race: Either my race is so strikingly obvious that it cannot be a secret and is revealed on sight or my race is hidden so well that I can make up anything that I want. If I care that much about my race then I want to make sure they get it right so I'll fill it in myself. If I don't care then it won't bother me to fill it in either accurately or with any nonsense I can think of at the time. In the grand scheme of things, this is not what I would be concerned about.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-04-2021, 07:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

Now here's the kicker... Then truck drivers, food service people like waiters and waitresses and burger flippers, construction workers, like carpenters, people in finance, like your broker or banker, IT people, like the moderators of this website, people in communications, like telephone operators and car warranty scammers on the phone, people in the law profession, like your lawyer, media personal like reporters, photographers, pressmen and, I guess, newspaper delivery people, public safety people, like crossing guards and public health officials, plus people aged 16 and over who have risk of LIFE THREATENING COMPLICATIONS from COVID are considered THIRD PRIORITY.

So I guess if you are not sick or considered "high risk" but just old, you CAN NOT get a vaccine shot at Winn Dixie.

Oh, plus before I get my shot at Winn Dixie, I have to sign a waiver and sign my rights away if Winn Dixie screws up giving me the vaccine. AND I must reveal my race on that form. <Any lawyers out there that want to comment on that requirement?

So much for "Seniors First"!

Skip
Your info is inaccurate. Thise are federal guidlines NOT the state of Florida. The rules have NOT changed as to who is eligible. You should read thru things before posting information that is not accurate
Old 02-04-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
My girlfriend used to think that. Then she actually went to one—the one at Lake Sumter Landing—and loved it. She said it is so much nicer than the Publix stores, has better quality produce, and is much less expensive.
Publix is definitely overpriced
Old 02-04-2021, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Same waiver as everywhere
Old 02-04-2021, 07:09 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMama View Post
Why would a 66 year old retiree go before a 58 year old nurse, or a 49 year old physical therapist, or the firefighter who might have to give you CPR?
Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!
Think of our country and not simply of yourself.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

It seems that the obvious escapes some folks when hysteria sets in. The reason for starting with seniors is that they are the ones that are primarily filling the hospitals and they are the ones most likely to perish from the virus. I know of at least 12 young folks that have had covid and survived it, mostly with symptoms that lasted about three days. Less trouble than the flu. It is the seniors that suffer the most, so it is most dangerous to them. You will see that many medical staff are passing on the vaccine, probably because they know they are in the younger group that will survive it easily. Just my opinion.
Of course, there is always the argument that by giving it to everyone else BEFORE the seniors would result in a new way to save Social Security......
Old 02-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Sounds like most of the requirements follow the CDC guidelines. That’s unlike the simple “just be over 65” guidelines set by Governor Desantis.

Tags
people, workers, winn, dixie, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.