spinal surgery

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2023, 08:59 AM
Sage
Default spinal surgery

I have a question for those of you who have suffered from spinal stenosis and because of that had to do surgery. Where and who did you go to and would you do it again?? Did you find relief or were things worse?? I have severe spinal stenosis in my lumbar spine. I had a dis-sectomy in 2011 already that was successful. The surgeon was located here and was good! He was a neuro-surgeon but left which was a sad day for his present and future patients.
I have TVH and have been very much satisfied. Plus we have to BCBS advantage plan---which we also are happy with. I've had lower spine issues for many years...maybe since the late 80's or so. Used to do chiropractic but won't go that route anymore. What do you do for pain? I can't take Nsaids due to some other issues I have.
I know, for some people these surgeries work fine and for others not so much. I only ask about the surgery and the physicians who do them.
Old 04-20-2023, 05:57 PM
Sage

Still waiting for information from fellow villagers......
Old 04-20-2023, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Bio Spine Institute in Orlando; those guys are the best: I could barely walk when I went in; a couple of hours and 18 mos later there is still no pain and I work in the yard a lot and play golf a lot. My doc was Dr. Anthony Cucchi.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:13 AM
Sage

If you have never had spinal surgery before you might be a candidate. My husband has had two prior lumbar surgeries. He went to BioSpine and they joined others in declining to work on him.

The first surgery was in 2006. It appeared to take care of the issue for five or six years. The second surgery was in 2015, an attempt to "clean up" and remove hardware from the 2006 surgery. It was not successful. Now the only thing offered is a spinal cord stimulator to hopefully "help control" the pain level when standing or walking.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I have a question for those of you who have suffered from spinal stenosis and because of that had to do surgery. Where and who did you go to and would you do it again?? Did you find relief or were things worse?? I have severe spinal stenosis in my lumbar spine. I had a dis-sectomy in 2011 already that was successful. The surgeon was located here and was good! He was a neuro-surgeon but left which was a sad day for his present and future patients.
I have TVH and have been very much satisfied. Plus we have to BCBS advantage plan---which we also are happy with. I've had lower spine issues for many years...maybe since the late 80's or so. Used to do chiropractic but won't go that route anymore. What do you do for pain? I can't take Nsaids due to some other issues I have.
I know, for some people these surgeries work fine and for others not so much. I only ask about the surgery and the physicians who do them.
I have BCBS Advantage PPO. I had lower back L4/L5 issues 5 years ago. I went to Dr. Daniel Robertson, Neurosurgeon, Ocala. He recommends surgery as a last option, which in my case I did not need. A couple of injections combined with an exercise routine have gotten my back in a good place. I highly recommend Dr. Robertson.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Daniel Robertson at Ocala Neurosurgical Center.

I had lower lombar spine fusion 5 years ago.

Went from walking with 2 canes to 100% normal in less than 6 weeks and since.

A no non-sense bedside manner.

He will endeavor to try physical therapy and or injections to measure tolerance/adaptability.

Surgery last resort.

Operates at Advent Hospital in Ocala.

Closed Thread

Tags
spinal, surgery, spine, issues, stenosis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.