Suddenly, I can hardly walk--what is happening to me??

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2020, 09:50 AM

If you drink alcohol, stop. The pain will improve in a week
Old 10-19-2020, 09:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 538 Posts

The symptoms you describe happened to me, one because I was eating frozen dinners and they are full of salt. The second time was after my doctor put me on Crestor. I thought I had MS or something..... I could barely stand up. After a month of it getting worse and worse, I thought about it and went off the Crestor, within a week I was fine.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:59 AM

Most of the primary’s here are worthless. I’m on the fifth one and really not happy with this one either. I would go to Ocala free standing ER or the new one on RT 44 that’s affiliated with Shands. They both are excellent places and will advise you what to do. Go today!!!! (I’m a retired RN).
Old 10-19-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,976 Times in 4,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantlope@yahoo.com View Post
If you drink alcohol, stop. The pain will improve in a week
This thread just keeps getting worse and worse. You think this nice lady who is looking for help is likely to have alcoholic peripheral neuropathy? Suddenly? This a perfect example of why there is no American Association of Amateur Physicians.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
The symptoms you describe happened to me, one because I was eating frozen dinners and they are full of salt. The second time was after my doctor put me on Crestor. I thought I had MS or something..... I could barely stand up. After a month of it getting worse and worse, I thought about it and went off the Crestor, within a week I was fine.
yes, you can get muscle aches and weakness from gammaaminobutyriccoenzymeA inhibitors (statins), but not usually edema.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1516 View Post
Most of the primary’s here are worthless. I’m on the fifth one and really not happy with this one either. I would go to Ocala free standing ER or the new one on RT 44 that’s affiliated with Shands. They both are excellent places and will advise you what to do. Go today!!!! (I’m a retired RN).
That may be true, but urgent care centers do not provide longitudinal care. All they do is triage the problem and send you to another physician.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Same here. I cannot take ANY cholesterol reducing med.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:26 AM
Default Arthritis won't cause your legs to swell, that sounds like heart or kidney condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6426 View Post
Thank you, John, for your response. I do plan to see my doctor again--will call tomorrow--but I fear nothing will come of it. That's why I'm writing to see if anyone else has the same symptoms. I haven't heard of orthostatic hypotension, but I'm assuming you have medication for that? I do think this might have something to do with blood pressure in which case, I'm guessing they can prescribe something. Thanks again for writing.
You need full lab screens and appropriate scans. If your present doctor doesn't do it, go to an urgent care.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with Medicare? When one of us has had an unexpected problem we've been told to go to Urgent Care by the primary's office because the doctor's schedule is too full to work anybody in. They are busy doing annual "wellness" exams or six-month followups to the wellness exams. Our doctor told me he saw 30 patients a day.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:27 AM

My husband had gout in both feet at the same time. Extremely painful. Two hospitalizations for him.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Default Could be Gout. It can come on quickly, and be very painful.

Could be Gout? It can come on quickly, and be very painful.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:57 AM

Make an appointment with a neurologist , forget your family doctor !
Old 10-19-2020, 12:09 PM

There are many things you could have but check .. psoriatic arthritis. Swelling of hands and feet- inflammatory arthritis. Increases overnight in bed and very tight in mornings to walk. See a rheumatologist and they will do blood work for gout- Crp- inflammatory- RA etc
Old 10-19-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
The Ocala free standing ER is on 466A and it is excellent.

The new one on RT 44 is affiliated with the Villages Hospital, not Shands.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:46 PM

Look in to CRPS / RSD. Your symptoms read like mine.
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, ready, feet, doctor, pains

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.