Sumter Landing Dental Care (BEWARE)

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Default Sumter Landing Dental Care (BEWARE)

I went to Sumter Landing Dental Care today 6/1/2020 for a follow-up appointment. I was charged a $10 COVID fee. This is ridiculous, they see probably 50 clients a day times 20 business days a month at $10 each client. This amounts to $10,000 additional dollars a month they charge clients to cover the cost of their operation during this COVID crisis. I was told they had to buy different masks than what they normally use, which is BS. They were using the same masks they always use. THIS IS CRIMINAL! What are they using the 10K a month for (because of the virus)? They already use medical-grade masks and already have hand sanitizer. They are taking advantage of the clients to line the greedy owner's pockets. I would love to see them return the unnecessary fee they charged us during this uncertain time. They are a disgrace to take advantage of their clients this way!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts
Smile

that's my dentist, & they charged me a fee, too, but it's no big deal for me. i understand they probably need to change more often. their work is superior, & are available just about anytime, so i don't mind paying the fee. i went 2x in 1 week & was only charged once, btw
Old 06-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdonn View Post
I went to Sumter Landing Dental Care today 6/1/2020 for a follow-up appointment. I was charged a $10 COVID fee. This is ridiculous, they see probably 50 clients a day times 20 business days a month at $10 each client. This amounts to $10,000 additional dollars a month they charge clients to cover the cost of their operation during this COVID crisis. I was told they had to buy different masks than what they normally use, which is BS. They were using the same masks they always use. THIS IS CRIMINAL! What are they using the 10K a month for (because of the virus)? They already use medical-grade masks and already have hand sanitizer. They are taking advantage of the clients to line the greedy owner's pockets. I would love to see them return the unnecessary fee they charged us during this uncertain time. They are a disgrace to take advantage of their clients this way!
Do you have any other complaints about this dentist? Or just the COVID mask fee?
Old 06-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Sage

My dentist didn't charge a COVID-19 fee when I saw the hygienist recently.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:56 PM

Yes. I went in for 2 dental implants which required 4 crowns in addition to the 2 implants, (I had 2 bridges removed). Six months later (as of today) I have excruciating sensitivity. I was told by the dentist that there is nothing that can be done. I wish he would have told me this ahead of time. I would have left the 2 bridges in place as I had no sensitivity problems before he did his work. Poor workmanship. I would not recommend them. Cleaning would be about all I would trust them to do. However, I will find another dentist for future cleanings, etc.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 PM

It's the principle of the fact that this is price gouging during this COVID crisis. You don't mind paying the extra $10 and that's okay. I owned a business, this would be "the cost of doing business." I could see a buck or two per person, that's reasonable, but $10, that's gouging. We will have to agree to disagree on this point. We went out to eat at Thai Ruby's and did not get charged $10 extra to eat there. They wore masks and some had full clear masks. They were happy to have the business and absorbed the extra costs as a cost of doing business.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Our dentist and staff has always used medical grade masks, gloves, and gowns. Have an appointment in two weeks asked if they were doing anything different? She said no their professional medical standard of protection has been the same since the practice opened.

However they text you when to arrive.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:49 AM
Default COVID-19 Fee

I was also charged a fee from my dentist so I looked this up and the fee requests are from the ADA to the insurance companies.

The ADA has recommended reporting D1999—unspecified preventive procedure by report—as an interim solution to reporting the required additional PPE. As with all CDT codes that include “by report” in the nomenclature, a narrative is required.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdonn View Post
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. The majority of businesses are charging an additional fee. Its not just for masks and sanitizer. Its for additional sterilization, cleaning supplies or even cleaning service. If you dont like it, find another dentist, pay no fee (which I doubt) and chance the place not being cleaned properly. With everything thats occurring the last few months, you should find something more substantial to complain about.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

This will be a common practice for many businesses.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Our dentist and staff has always used medical grade masks, gloves, and gowns. Have an appointment in two weeks asked if they were doing anything different? She said no their professional medical standard of protection has been the same since the practice opened.

However they text you when to arrive.
I would want to know if they are sterilizing between patients. I would think they would not have done it to the standard it should be done these days pre-pandemic.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:46 AM

Agreed!!!
Old 06-02-2020, 05:47 AM

Got rid o them years ago because of excessive charges
Old 06-02-2020, 05:50 AM

Marion Dental is great.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:52 AM
Default No fee

Village Dental did not charge a so-called COVID19 fee. Charging a pandemic fee is outrageous.
Closed Thread

Tags
clients, month, masks, landing, advantage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.