Teen got Covid while 20 feet away from infected person indoors

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2020, 06:29 AM

Anybody notice the picture in the Local section of the Daily Sun? A very nice shop in Brownwood. The customer had mask . The worker, Nope, handing out samples of food based product, No Mask! One less shop I will go into. This is virus may not kill you but take a step back and realize it is killing us in other ways. WEAR the proper mask.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
So what's new?
If our grandkids had a cold, and entered our house with it, I for one would catch it 90% of the time.
Given the right conditions, any airborne virus, will spread easier in an enlosed space, than outside.
This report is just another way to dramatise the news.
Good for you for knowing what many may not have been aware of with this virus. What is new is that the protocol was to be 6 feet apart to be safe from transmission, but this article makes us aware that indoor air may be full of aerosol Covid particles, so 6 feet apart is not necessarily safe.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Good for you for knowing what many may not have been aware of with this virus. What is new is that the protocol was to be 6 feet apart to be safe from transmission, but this article makes us aware that indoor air may be full of aerosol Covid particles, so 6 feet apart is not necessarily safe.
Sorry, but I read the article and it "proves" absolutely nothing. It is a "one-off" case study with no controls, no redundancy, and not even proof the student contacted COVID at that restaurant. It's scientific value is ZERO
Old 12-12-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry View Post
Do you really believe something from South Korea?
A study has been made public stating droplets can travel over 20 feet, even outdoors. So yeah, the article seems reasonable and doesn’t scream fake news as you imply in your rush to judgement. Since their handling of the containment of the virus far exceeds ours, I wouldn’t be so dismissive of news originating from there.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:54 AM

All these covid experts. Your excuses are going to kill you or someone you know. Listen to science and stop trying to excuse your actions.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I watch NTD news all the time, one of few that actually reports news I have no reason to believe SK news is agenda driven like main stream news in the country.
What is “NTD news”? I am interested in hearing news only without commentary.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:11 AM

The CDC came out with a COVID 19 Brief on October 5th saying this same thing. Airborne particles can remain in the air for hours and spread over six feet. Look it up. That’s why our recreation centers should require masks.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
This is sobering. This Covid virus is crazy good at transmitting itself, way more than previously expected.

A teen got COVID-19 from a woman who stood 20 feet away for 5 minutes - Business Insider
No mention of masks....hmmmmm..
Old 12-12-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry View Post
Do you really believe something from South Korea?
Exactly!! Whenever I see some outlandish claim (bigfoot discovered or martian landing), I read the article only to find that it is in DEEP Siberia or Tunisia or some other location where it is impossible to confirm. Translation: it didn't happen. Article exists just to sell newspapers (or garner mouse clicks).

Ditto on this article. It's just hype to justify even more Orwellian control. Pretty soon, I'll be told to wear a mask while taking a shower in my own bathroom.

10 feet ... 25 feet ... so what. All of this has been happening for thousands of years. It's the same with the common cold or the flu virus (which does kill people). What's different now except control over the masses and to distract from some other things going on in the world?

If someone PROVED that I could catch COVID from particles that were carried via the jet stream 4000 miles away, I am STILL NOT GOING TO WEAR A MASK IN PUBLIC and certainly not in my own home. Yes, the US Constitution TRUMPS anything these mayors, governors, health officials have to say. Guidelines? Fine. Orders? Absolutely not.

Why can't we all just worship the god of evolution which is taught in our public schools ... survival of the fittest? Let it all play out and the strong will perpetuate the race.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
This is sobering. This Covid virus is crazy good at transmitting itself, way more than previously expected.

A teen got COVID-19 from a woman who stood 20 feet away for 5 minutes - Business Insider
Be real. We all know you can get the virus if youre suseptible regardless of how far away you are from someone. Thats life right now. What help is this article??
Old 12-12-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:

With all due respect...how do they scientifically know this student got that virus from that person at that time? C'mon, man.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfeh View Post
The CDC came out with a COVID 19 Brief on October 5th saying this same thing. Airborne particles can remain in the air for hours and spread over six feet. Look it up. That’s why our recreation centers should require masks.
The CDC has changed and changed and changed their predictions and projections so often they have lost most of their credibility with many of us
Old 12-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
... Yes, the US Constitution TRUMPS anything these mayors, governors, health officials have to say ...
Absolutely. It's right in there. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without wearing a mask". That last part is often abbreviated.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:58 AM

If your afraid of Covid, just stay home. Don’t tell anyone else how to live their life and certainly don’t believe everything you read. The mere fact that all big box stores get to stay open and mom & pop shops have to stay closed should tell you something. ( the last sentence was meant for those crazy mayors & governors in other states who allowed riots and looting but didn’t allow church services) wake up America.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:01 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

I'm waiting for the "study" that shows wearing a mask alone in your car isn't safe
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, teen, crazy, expected, previously

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.