Third Covid Booster

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2022, 04:37 PM

I have several auto immune diseases so I have a very over active immune system. Even though I was afraid, I had the first two shots in 2021. Then this past January I had a wicked case of Covid and was told to wait at least 8 months for a booster. I had that booster two weeks ago and was dreadfully sick afterwards for two days. My body just seemed to have an extreme over reaction. So…… unless I have a very compelling reason to do so, I think that was the last for me.
Old 09-21-2022, 05:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,590 Times in 568 Posts

When my physicians have no opinion to omicron or decline. It’s a NO for me
Old 09-21-2022, 06:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

I’ll wait for a consensus of opinions then choose whether I get the booster shot on not.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgg7933 View Post
Me and the wife got our 3rd booster Sunday 9/18. Aside from a little upper arm soreness the 2nd night we had Zero side effects. These shots must be working since we know so many people that have got Covid19 but we have not. We are a little more cautious than most though and we are still wearing masks in crowded places. We are not too worried about our "Freedoms being infringed upon" and feel it's worth being safer than sorry! Call us just "Old Fashioned"!
How do you know you havent had Covid? I lost taste for a day and tested positive. I made my husband test and he was also positive with absolutely no symptoms. He would never have known.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,615 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Me and the wife got our 3rd booster Sunday 9/18. Aside from a little upper arm soreness the 2nd night we had Zero side effects. These shots must be working since we know so many people that have got Covid19 but we have not. We are a little more cautious than most though and we are still wearing masks in crowded places. We are not too worried about our "Freedoms being infringed upon" and feel it's worth being safer than sorry! Call us just "Old Fashioned"!
You more than likely had it - just assymptomatic.

More than half of Americans have been infected by COVID-19 in past 2 years : NPR
Old 09-22-2022, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,517 Posts

Haven't had a booster yet. Wow, I'm still alive! At this point in my life, I'm not interested until my doctor tells me that I MUST get one. Of course, I only see a doctor once per year for my yearly physical. He still asks me if i want a flu shot and shrugs when I ask him if I really need it. Never had the flu and haven't had a flu shot in the last fifty years. Had covid but it was no more vicious than a mild cold. I'm glad everyone else gets their shots, so they can live forever. You do live forever when you get your booster, right? Just me being facetious. I am neither for nor against covid boosters and will not try to convince anyone to forego getting their vaccinations. Me? At this time, I am not getting any boosters. I had my original two shots and no boosters. I'm healthy and well past my expiration date so if I croak from covid, I've lived a great life so C'est la vie. Not planning to wear a face mask anymore either, UNLESS I have to visit a hospital and they require it. Living dangerously? Hey, I wear a seat belt when I drive and a helmet when I ride my motorbike.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I've had both Moderna shots and both boosters. Now the is a third Booster available. This is the first time I'm not really sure about a Covid Vaccine. I want to ask what others here are thinking about it?
My granddaughter had Covid about a year ago, and a vaccination (required by her work) about six months back.

Last week she came down with Covid again, MUCH worse than the first time around.

Draw your own conclusions about this. I did.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wow nothing like your medical professional not offering an opinion
I think he did. Had the physician thought favorably of the booster he or she would most likely have recommended it.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:01 AM

We just got our second booster along with the Flu shot. For the time being, I’m done.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I think he did. Had the physician thought favorably of the booster he or she would most likely have recommended it.
Could be but would prefer a more definitive opinion. In any case we deal with a number of physicians and will ask most or all for their take on boosters
Old 09-22-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I've had both Moderna shots and both boosters. Now the is a third Booster available. This is the first time I'm not really sure about a Covid Vaccine. I want to ask what others here are thinking about it?
For me it does not require much thought, just a simple no thank you!
Old 09-22-2022, 01:08 PM

Short answer No. Long answer hell no.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

My Doctor said the second Booster was a money grab in his opinion and he decided against it but told me to get it. I'd be long gone already and have followed his advice on everything except losing a couple of biscuits. He just advised me to get the new booster with the flu shot. That's great because I scheduled it already.

I'm so grateful to have a Doctor like him. He offered to make a house call when I was first discharged from the hospital after a slip and fall in my own driveway checking the air pressure in the carts and cars. No good deed goes unpunished I've heard. Morgan & Morgan said the case was worth 2 Million. I declined. Just kidding. To have a Doctor you trust is a new thing for me and I appreciate it and like it.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:14 PM

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ~Ben Franklin
Old 09-22-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
We are not too worried about our "Freedoms being infringed upon" and feel it's worth being safer than sorry! Call us just "Old Fashioned"!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, booster, thinking, vaccine, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.