Third Covid Booster

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2022, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRealms View Post
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ~Ben Franklin
Taking a vaccine that protects us from covid is not giving up liberty. I trust our doctors over random people posting on the internet with no medical education
Old 09-22-2022, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,389 Times in 2,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRealms View Post
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
What a quote that was about raising money for defense against French and Indian attacks has to do with Covid, only a poster who dwells in another 'realm' would know!
Old 09-22-2022, 05:36 PM

My doctor recommended that I have the third Moderna booster so I'll follow through on that. I didn't feel too bad after any of the four jabs so far and, fortunately, haven't had Covid.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Our doctor(s) have recommended the boosters to limit/prevent potential hospitalization/death.
Family members, medical professionals, concur.
At 80+++ the boosters prevent serious illnes, hospitalization/death.

We got our 3rd Moderna booster last week at Publix.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Our doctor(s) have recommended the boosters to limit/prevent potential hospitalization/death.
Family members, medical professionals, concur.
At 80+++ the boosters prevent serious illnes, hospitalization/death.

We got our 3rd Moderna booster last week at Publix.

Finally a common sense statement you convinced me seriously to get the 3rd booster.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
What a quote that was about raising money for defense against French and Indian attacks has to do with Covid, only a poster who dwells in another 'realm' would know!
Probably the Twilight zone
Old 09-22-2022, 06:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I've had both Moderna shots and both boosters. Now the is a third Booster available. This is the first time I'm not really sure about a Covid Vaccine. I want to ask what others here are thinking about it?
I received mine about a week ago. Same side effects as before.... Sore arm, kind of achy, slightly fatigued for about 8-10 hours. This was the first time I got the shot though with my flu vaccination. I usually get slight flu like symptoms for a few hours and that happened the next day. All better now!
Old 09-22-2022, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

I'll be getting my 4th Pfizer shot (3rd booster) in 2 weeks, along with my flu shot. I'd get them earlier but I'm a test subject for an RSV vaccine and was asked to wait at least 30 days from my most recent study shot (which was 2 weeks ago).
Old 09-22-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterkal View Post
My doctor recommended that I have the third Moderna booster so I'll follow through on that. I didn't feel too bad after any of the four jabs so far and, fortunately, haven't had Covid.
Since many covid positives are asymptomatic, you may have had covid and not known it. My husband had no symptoms and tested positive. My only symptom was loss of taste for a day.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Only place I could find in The Villages was Walgreen's on 42. Appointment setup for next Monday. At this point Publix is not offering the updated booster for the Omnicon variant.
Hubby had the Moderna booster at the Winn Dixie in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Not until updated version available
Isn't what is offered now as the third booster, the updated version?
Old 09-22-2022, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Isn't what is offered now as the third booster, the updated version?
Yes, the newest version is now the current booster.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I think he did. Had the physician thought favorably of the booster he or she would most likely have recommended it.
There should be no guessing games when it comes to one's health options.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
There should be no guessing games when it comes to one's health options.
There are always guessing games. Take the extreme situation: a cancer diagnosis.

There are lots of options. But the only outcome that can ever be guaranteed, is death. You can get surgery - but they miss some cells and it kills you anyway. You can go the chemo/radiation route - and it kills you anyway. You can do nothing, and it'll kill you. You can try diet, a change in location, change in lifestyle/exercise routine. You can try alt-meds. And you die anyway. Or you can do any of those things, and it works fine and you're cancer-free in a year. Until it comes back. Or doesn't.

That's just one diagnosis. Repeat for every other diagnosis, with equally perplexing outcomes, some of which include death, some which don't. Tooth decay - you can do nothing, and it doesn't get worse. Or it can cause an infection, and you do nothing, and it goes septic, and you die. Or it can resolve with just a cleaning and antibiotics. Or you might need a drill and fill. And it could work. Or it could - not work. Or it could get worse. Or the tooth could crack while they're trying to fix it, and you have to have it extracted.

Always options. And always a guessing game as to whether or not it'll work, be effective, whether or not you'll have any or all of the potential side effects, or whether or not what you picked was the wrong decision and you end up worse than when you started.

But that's what a good doctor is for. To have those difficult conversations - a two-way dialogue - with their patient and come up with the "most likely to succeed" option.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:40 PM

We have scheduled our updated 3rd Moderna booster next week at Walgreens. Our PCP recommended it and said it will be yearly, like the flu vaccine. I am a retired RN and concur with the science and knowing I am permitted a high degree of protection. After two and a half years, the naysayers can do whatever.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, booster, thinking, vaccine, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.