Tri County Foot and Ankle bill for <img .40...really

Tri County Foot and Ankle bill for $1.40...really

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Tri County Foot and Ankle bill for $1.40...really
  #1  
Old 12-30-2018, 01:29 PM
My Daily Run My Daily Run is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
Default Tri County Foot and Ankle bill for $1.40...really

I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 12-30-2018, 02:07 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...
You owed them $16.80 not covered by your insurance. Why are you annoyed?
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 12-30-2018, 03:24 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You owed them $16.80 not covered by your insurance. Why are you annoyed?
I agree, you chose your insurance carrier....you should be complaining to them, not about the provider.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:58 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 3,939
Default

Insurance health care in general is racket, they know if they don’t pay or pay enough you have to pay. Just be glad you didn’t have to Hospital were the really nickel and dime you for crap they didn’t provide if you look real closely to bill.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-01-2019, 08:18 AM
My Daily Run My Daily Run is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I agree, you chose your insurance carrier....you should be complaining to them, not about the provider.
Unfortunately I did not chose my insurance as I work full time although I should be retired. My employer has chosen my insurance for me and I do pay a lot for it plus I pay $140.00 a month out of pocket for Medicare since I am not at my full retirement age. We need to remember that there are some people who live in The Villages that are not as financially secure as others and we are just trying to enjoy a comfortable life. We don't all drive fancy cars and live in premier homes. I know with my dentist he accepts what the insurance offers and doesn't send me a bill for $1.40.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-01-2019, 08:41 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,249
Default

I am sorry you are disappointed but that's how insurance works.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-01-2019, 09:31 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Unfortunately I did not chose my insurance as I work full time although I should be retired. My employer has chosen my insurance for me and I do pay a lot for it plus I pay $140.00 a month out of pocket for Medicare since I am not at my full retirement age. We need to remember that there are some people who live in The Villages that are not as financially secure as others and we are just trying to enjoy a comfortable life. We don't all drive fancy cars and live in premier homes. I know with my dentist he accepts what the insurance offers and doesn't send me a bill for $1.40.
My husband retired yesterday after almost sixty years gainfully employed. You just might be surprised at how many people got here and the sacrifices they made during their whole lives.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Carla B Carla B is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South of 466
Posts: 1,706
Default

Unfortunately, at our age the biggest budget item is healthcare. We were once covered by insurance that was secondary to Medicare. Often there would be a balance left that we had to pay. I called the insurance company and asked why they didn't pay the entire 20% remainder after Medicare paid. The answer was that the Medicare-approved amount exceeded their "usual and customary" fee schedule. We dumped that insurance and got a Medigap Plan.
Reply With Quote
Billing
  #9  
Old 01-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Brawnwy123 Brawnwy123 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 81
Default Billing

[QUOTE=My Daily Run;1611645]I went to Tri County Foot and Ankle with pain in my heel. First appointment they took xrays and I paid $40.00 copay. I returned 2 weeks later as I did not get any relief with the exercises that were given to me and I received an injection in my heel and paid $40.00 copay. I just received a bill for $16.80...$15.40 from the first visit and $1.40 for the second as my insurance didn't cover the full amount...really ? I mailed out a check but I think this is crazy...nickel, dimming seniors to death...[/QUO

Hi, yes, here in the villages, we found, the meds and the dentists just look at us as cash cows, sock it to em. IT is really disgusting and there is no help, no one cares, hey, you old folks, pay up and go away. And, another real issue. The med persons all have too many techs, so many PA persons and they simply pass us on and on and it is a major issue, Make an appointment to see a doctor and then it is tech, tech tech. So now, I have written a letter, I take it in, if I am not going to see a doctor, then cancel my appointment, we will see how that works? Good luck. Wish there was a citizens group to generate some leverage against the rip offs here. Keep growing the money tree for all the leeches.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,603
Default

Lots of numbers get crunched when you’re paying for health care and insurance is involved. I can’t for the life of me figure out why you’d be upset when all the figures are eventually finalized and the bottom line is you owe a few dollars.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
received, heel, tri, copay, $40.00

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.