Tricare Prime Doctors

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Default Tricare Prime Doctors

My wife and I will go on Tricare Prime July 1st as our primary health insurance. I have two questions. What military facilities with are closest to TV and would anyone care to make a recommendation regarding doctors in the TV area who are in the Tricare network. Thanks!!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:32 AM

Hi Tom,
I think that MacDill AFB in Tampa is about 75 miles and then the Navy in Jacksonville over 100 miles.

Tricare is good at any doc,hospital that takes Medcare and for your meds
publix etc all take it and for a list of Dr's look at Tricare web list for the area and you can call them also but I would get one in The Villages

I hope this is a start for you good luck

Da Sgt
Old 03-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Patrick AFB in Cape Canaveral is about 75 miles away also, but it is toll roads most of the way.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:33 AM

Express Scripts is good for precriptions Three month supply (genatic) $3.00, Other regular $9.00 for three months. They devirer right to the mail box. works for me anyway.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM

I have the list of Tricare physicians in the area from the website. I expect most are good but I would like to know if there is one to avoid. We are in the process of getting signed up with Express Scripts, getting address changed in DEERS, and all that goes with moving and getting settled in a new location. Also, I don't think I'm going to use Delta Dental as I think I can get better or at least the same coverage for less. Does anyone use another dental insurance other than Delta?

Last edited by TomW; 03-26-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added comment
Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
nkrifats

I use medicare and tricare for life presently. Am interested in information about Dental Plans. When I retire next year and move to villages. I will need Dental. Presently I am on Delta Dental.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 PM

Delta Dental is around in the villages area my wife has a dentist on 441 just pass the Walmart she said it is ok

I know that there is more around the area again look at the web list for the area but it is do able

The best to you

Sgt Mac
Old 03-27-2010, 02:14 PM
nkrifats

Thanks Sgt. Mac.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Medicare/Tricare4Life

We are on Medicare and Tricare4Life and have found that the med providers do no business with Tricare as they deal solely with Medicare and Tricare is the secondary who deals only with Medicare.

In other words, the dr's don't recognize Tricare at all, just Medicare. Provider sends bill to Medicare and Medicare automatically forwards to Tricare. Therefore, all you have to do is chose a dr that will take Medicare.

Hope this helps....barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 03-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
My wife and I will go on Tricare Prime July 1st as our primary health insurance. I have two questions. What military facilities with are closest to TV and would anyone care to make a recommendation regarding doctors in the TV area who are in the Tricare network. Thanks!!
Tricare Prime for people under 65 and not old enough for Medicare as a primary and Tricare 4 life as a secondary, can go to the same Dr's only the billing is differant but for your meds Tricare pays for them the same and for Dental you can buy Delta Dental or something else
but all is available in the villages to include the villages hospital and may I say that The Villages hospital is a first class, no1,great hospital and its staff and wonderful volunteers

Da Sgt
Old 03-29-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
I use medicare and tricare for life presently. Am interested in information about Dental Plans. When I retire next year and move to villages. I will need Dental. Presently I am on Delta Dental.
I have just about decided to go with BC/BS of Florida for dental. It looks like the same or better coverage than Delta and is about $10-$12 cheaper per month.

Not everyone around here will take TRICARE Prime due to the administration associated with the program. One provider was on the list but has stopped takeing TCP patients. I've called several providers and selected a couple (1st adn 2nd choices). We will now have to wait to see if TRICARE assigns us to one of those providers.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Veteran member

We've only been here for 4 months and haven't seen our doc or dentist yet. We're also not Medicare eligible. However, we asked around and decided to keep Tricare Prime and Delta Dental. We're signed up with Dr Schwartz in LSL as our Prime provider and Dr Lesh in Southern Trace for Delta. Both are golf cart accessible. Some retirees also use the VA clinic here in TV.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.