trigger finger

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 03:06 PM
Default trigger finger

Looking for recommendations for a doctor to treat trigger finger. Thanks in advance.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 05-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Sage

Dr. David Feiner--Clermont
Old 05-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Cynthia Harding is a Orthopedic Hand Surgeon in Lady Lake.. I went to her about 1 yr ago.. I actually got her name from here TOTV
Old 05-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I have trigger finger told to live with it
Old 05-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
Looking for recommendations for a doctor to treat trigger finger. Thanks in advance.
I have been to two hand surgeons. One was Dr. Cynthia Harding, she is an exceptional hand surgeon but you are going to wait probably two months, maybe longer or an appointment.

The last time I had trigger finger it was in the middle joint of the middle finger on my right hand, and I also had the accompanying node in the palm of my hand which was extremely painful. So not only did I have the nauseating triggering from the finger, I also had extreme pain from the node. I called Dr. Harding and could not get an appointment for three months. Then I was recommended to an Indian Doctor who had just started practicing here in TV, his main office is in Lake Mary. I got an immediate appointment, I did not have to wait, he had an Xray machine in the room, took Xrays and explained in detail what the problem was and suggested a shot in the joint. I was dreading the shot because the last one I had was just awful, he did an excellent job and I hardly felt it. I did need to go back for another shot about a month later, but after that I did the hand exercises he recommended and have had no trouble since. He is Dr. Vikram P. Mehta M.D., FACS. Phone 407-3334548.

As I said above, his clinic is in Lake Mary, but he has a small office building off 441N just before you get to Rte 42. I highly recommend him.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I think for some Villagers The Trigger Finger Spead to The Mouth & The Typing!

I know it's painful, I was only kidding.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Smile

Quote:
I'm tired of everyone always talking about guns.

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle
Old 05-06-2020, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

I saw Dr. Harding about four years ago. At the time, her office was double booking patients, which I didn't appreciate, but she herself is pleasant and capable.

She recommended surgery but the wait was so long that the problem resolved itself in the meantime. This was after several months of putting up with it. I still have a nodule at the base of my thumb but it's no longer painful or triggering.

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2020, 05:07 AM

Dr. Cynthia Harding.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:39 AM

Dr sajhpal is a sports medicine doctor and comes to the village from Ocala. Sports medicine and are the best for that.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Try CBD oil. I used it after my doc couldn't fix it. Haven't had any problems with it for 2 years.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:57 AM

Cynthia Harding gave me a (very painful) shot in my trigger finger about 4 years ago and I never had any issues after that. She is fantastic BUT very difficult to gat an appointment being the best out there.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:58 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Trigger Finger

I can't give you a doctor. But I had trigger finger approx 15 years ago up north. My ortho doctor gave me a cortisone shot in the finger that did the trick. Never experienced it again.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:00 AM
Sage

Went to Dr. Hardings office in the past, if you like being treated like cattle--its the place for you, as far as Dr. Mehta--he was giving me cortisone shots for a torn rotator cuff--total miss diagnosis
Harding's office doesn't have an in house x-ray machine

try Dr. feiner--pleasant drive and swift office staff
Old 05-07-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I had trigger finger a few years ago and couldn't find good hand doctor in the area. Dr. Gloria Chin did not diagnose it correctly, and wanted to do surgery. Other doctors wanted to cut on me as well. I ended up just researching it online, and it resolved by itself, took close to a year. It has been completely resolved for all these years now. If you want to go to doctor, I'd really do my homework and read Healthgrade reviews on them, maybe there's a good one in a nearby City.
Closed Thread

Tags
trigger, finger, recommendations, doctor, treat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.