Trigger finger

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Smile Trigger finger

Im having trouble with my thumb joint. It pops and hurts when I flex it. Any recommendations on who to see would be appreciated.
Old 12-21-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosasco View Post
Im having trouble with my thumb joint. It pops and hurts when I flex it. Any recommendations on who to see would be appreciated.
Last winter, I had trigger finger surgery by the doctors at SIMED Health, near the corner of 441 and Griffin Ave. From the reviews I had read before hand, Dr. Cynthia Harding was highly recommended but she didn't have any appointments available when I wanted it done. However, Dr. Clayton Hann was available and he did my surgery. I was very pleased with the results and was really impressed with the TLC Surgery Center (near corner of 441 & 466) where the surgery was performed. Then, in the spring, my friend had a similar condition and I referred him to SIMED Health and he was very satisfied with his results as well.
Old 12-21-2023, 11:31 AM

I saw this doctor and I thought he was exceptional. I had trigger finger on my right hand middle finger. It snapped every time I used the finger, sickening feeling. I was recommended to this doctor and he took care of my problem in one visit. However, his office staff are not the best, but he is.

Mehta Vikram P Office
17051 S US Highway 441 Summerfield, FL 34491
(407) 333-4548
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS

My husband had trigger in his thumb which was very painful and he got to see Dr. Cynthia Harding. I am told it is almost impossible to get an appointment with her now.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

Darn I thought this was gonna be a thread about Shooter's World or something.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

In the mean time, try soaking a wash cloth with hot water, roll it up and squeeze with your hand when you first get up and several times a day.
Old 12-22-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
I had the same issue. It’s annoying. We were in Brownwood during market night. There is a couple there selling magnet bracelets, wrist and ankle. Designed for both men and women. He claimed the magnets will help. I was skeptical of course but for under 20 bucks, I gave it a try. Sure enough, within a month or so, my trigger finger went away. I have one on my ankle too and it has helped with a nerve injury I incurred when moving here.

Coincidence…maybe. But, I still wear both and continue to have positive results.

Worth a try.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I had my right hand middle finger fixed yesterday by my Dr. Gegaj (Geeguy) He gave me a steroid injection in the tendon and all is good
Old 12-22-2023, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I had gone to acupuncture about some shoulder problem . I pointed out that I was going to go to a doctor . After a couple f sessions during my acupuncture trigger finger went away never came back .I’m very healthy but I use acupuncture as kind of a general well being body function , At 86 I still exercise intensely , it’s good for the blood flow ,stiffness , and I believe many other things that I won’t go into here . Some people will tell you it’s nonsense but I always say I get 25 free visits a year from my insurance company and I’ve been getting that for 5 years ,do you think they pay for nonsense I also by a block to get me through the rest of year
Old 12-23-2023, 06:36 AM
Default trigger thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jI rosasco View Post
I had trigger finger in my thumb-went to see Dr. Messieh {ortho surgeon} he gave me 2 cortisone shots & within 2 days, it was back to normal.Insurance pays the bill!
Old 12-23-2023, 07:16 AM
Default Granddaughter has this

Our granddaughter has had this issue since she was a year old. It affects both hands and all fingers (no thumbs). Her Dr hasn't recommended doing anything about it yet but it's nice to see people have gotten relief by having surgery.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:30 AM
Default Toi

Quote:
The Orthopaedic Institute has very well qualified medical professionals.

Dr. Zachariah Mamood repaired a trigger finger for me and the results were very good.

I’m seeing Dr. Kathryn Heim in Brownwood (also of TOI) for a procedure on another trigger finger in January. She’s relatively new there, but recommended by Dr. Kim, whom I trust.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherflippinpicker View Post
Our granddaughter has had this issue since she was a year old. It affects both hands and all fingers (no thumbs). Her Dr hasn't recommended doing anything about it yet but it's nice to see people have gotten relief by having surgery.
This is an article on children and trigger finger, and explains in detail what it is. This is from the Colorado Children's Hospital, I hope it helps your family. Trigger Finger/Thumb In Kids | Children'''s Hospital Colorado

Trigger finger is a miserable condition to have to live with and I hope you can get her some help.
Old 12-23-2023, 08:35 AM

I had the EXACT same thing earlier this year. My thumb started clicking and hurt a lot especially when it got bent and then I would open it. I found exercises for trigger thumb on YouTube. Did them. Also wore a plastic thumb brace I bought on Amazon. Keeping it in place by wrapping it with first aid tape.It took 6 months months but after being careful not to bend too much and the brace stop it from getting bent forcefully it just went away. Usually accompanied by arthritis in the lower thumb joint.
Old 12-23-2023, 09:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Gotta laugh, I know it’s not funny because I have basically the same problem. But mine can’t be fixed I cut the whole side off of my thumb with a potato slicer & it’s numb & can’t get any grip with it. Your problem I suggest you see a surgeon! You can’t believe how important your thumb is until you can’t hardly use it, I adjusted!
Old 12-23-2023, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Before going under the knife or anything severe, check out stretches on YouTube. I believe I have this issue on both hands and stretching greatly helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
trigger, recommendations, flex, hurts, finger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.