TV UHC Medicare HMO 1 Eyeglass Providers

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Default TV UHC Medicare HMO 1 Eyeglass Providers

Having difficulty finding the list of opticians on the UHC website that provide lenses for those on TV UHC MedicareComplete HMO 1 plan. All I find is a list of optometrists.

It seems we get lenses once a year at no extra cost.

So where have you received no extra cost lenses through the above plan? Please also post the URL of the optician list if you have it.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
So where have you received no extra cost lenses through the above plan? Please also post the URL of the optician list if you have it.

So far as I know there is no list of opticians that take UHC. You just have to call the shop and ask. But from my small sample I think that most do or at least did last time I was there. Peepers in Colony Plaza, Eyesight in Traverse Plaza, and others.

BTW you have to take the list of providers listed on the UHC web site as just a good guess. Sometimes providers who do take UHC are not on the list and sometimes the ones that are do not take UHC. I don't fault UHC for this situation it is just almost impossible to keep a list like that up do date.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Your coverage card should have a phone number on it, try calling, give them your zip code, and ask them who is part of the coverage plan you have. Get at least 2 or 3 providers, then call them to confirm and make appointment.
Now if you do not have any luck, we use Hindsight, Pinellas Plaza, very good prices, great service. I always used LensCrafters, back up North, but the closest store is Ocala, which is not convenient if you need an adjustment.

Tags
uhc, lenses, list, cost, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.