TVH/Advantage

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Maybe the issue is her birth date?
Yes, it does in a way. Village Health Care has made the call to not allow anyone that turns medicare eligible after 1 Jan 17 to stay unless they convert to UHC Advantage. My wife turns 65 in Aug 2017; hence she is out. She will b allowed to stay until she turns 65 in August 17, but then when she turns Medicare eligible, she is automatically Tricare for Life. As I keep trying to explain to knitter, she would have to give up her Tricare for Life and sign up for UHC. If we had an insurance with co-pays and other high costs, we would consider changing, but even then it would not be for a substandard company like United health care. UHC may be an improvement for many people, but there is no comparison between the benifits of United Health Care and Tricare for life. If she was 8 months older, we BOTH would have been grandfathered in and we would have stayed. The Villages Health is WONDERFUL but not with United Healthcare Advantage.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:28 PM

Not true , check into it, I love united
Old 07-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejohnson View Post
I found this consumer site that may help some decide

Top 898 Complaints and Reviews about United Health Care
Do companies pay you to recommend their products or services?

No. But companies pay us to become an Accredited Member (see below). We also receive compensation (sometimes from the company; sometimes from third party agencies), when we refer a consumer to a company’s site through a link on our site.

Consumer Affairs (the website referenced ) is neither a government agency nor non-profit.

You think this has something to do with the negative slant, since UHC has not paid the extortion fee to be an "accredited member"?

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07-19-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Platinum member

look, The Villages Health is very nice. I liked my doctor and loved the convenience. I just don't want to give up my insurance I got as part of my retirement. For others, the advantage plan may work just great. Health insurance is an every changing nightmare. While I do think Villages Health kind of lured us in hoping we'd be so enamored we'd want to switch to the advantage plan, the bottom line is they can chose to take whatever insurance they want and they have chosen.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:21 PM

TVH made a financial business decision, not a customer service one. The real issue is not about providing better healthcare instead it is getting more revenue on the books faster. UHC won the bid based quicker payments to TVH and higher profits. So be it, but please do not lie to residents that running off many of us was about offering better service!
Old 07-19-2016, 06:34 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterLover View Post
Still a lot of supposition going on. Make a call and do the work to get the correct information.
I was under the impression that one of the main purposes of this site is to provide information. Just a thought....
Old 07-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier65 View Post
TVH made a financial business decision, not a customer service one. The real issue is not about providing better healthcare instead it is getting more revenue on the books faster. UHC won the bid based quicker payments to TVH and higher profits. So be it, but please do not lie to residents that running off many of us was about offering better service!
Weren't you looking for an alternative to TVH last year? It seemed like you were looking to drop them back then.

Alternative to TV Health for Primary Care?

Are you sure it was a bid deal? I'd like to read more about that.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Still a lot of supposition going on. Make a call and do the work to get the correct information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I was under the impression that one of the main purposes of this site is to provide information. Just a thought....
In all honesty, Critter has a point.

The entire health insurance issue is so complicated, has so many facets and there are so many variables, that what applies to one person/couple (even though their situations may seem mostly identical)...won't necessarily apply to the other.

But it is good to hear from both sides (those that are happy and those that aren't), instead of just the usual, primarily pro-developer voice.

Although I haven't been on the site that long, I don't recall so many people willing to speak up and criticize the developer (not to mention posters that have been members for a long time, but haven't posted much)...that are probably mostly pro-developer otherwise.

That in itself is educational.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore2 View Post
Although I haven't been on the site that long, I don't recall so many people willing to speak up and criticize the developer (not to mention posters that have been members for a long time, but haven't posted much)...that are probably mostly pro-developer otherwise.

That in itself is educational.

At least you've softened to calling people "pro-developer" instead of shill as you did in a prior post. I guess we know your position
Old 07-19-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Just curious, if you don't mind..will you state who you called to get your info?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
At least you've softened to calling people "pro-developer" instead of shill as you did in a prior post. I guess we know your position
I only did/do that to those who obviously are.

Read my post above again, as I said that I believe some who are otherwise pro-developer (and don't post very much) have come out and actually criticized them on this issue.

Hard to be a 'shill,' if you're not constantly/frequently (like some) blowing their horn for them and always defending the developer...regardless of the issue.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 07-20-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds51 View Post
Just curious, if you don't mind..will you state who you called to get your info?
Certainly~ I spoke with the "Patient Services Rep" at my doctor's office. I was told that every office has one, and mine really knew her stuff. PLEASE, as I stated before, MAKE A CALL!

This is my signature.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
YEP! This member's "information" is to urge everyone simply to get the info straight from sources providing FACTS, and not to rely on all the MISinformation flying around.

It's simple, do the work to be your own advocate and do not depend on rumors. Just saying.

This is my signature.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 AM

I would like to hear from UHC Advantage users that have had extensive medical conditions and how the plan worked for them. I keep hearing it works great for healthy people, what happens when you get really sick? I think that will be the key to deciding if a plan is a good purchase.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Sage

My spouse had a life-threatening event last year. Spent time in 3 hospitals ALL using TVHC. We were quite pleased with the care and the benefits. I have many health issues and also use TVHC. To date, I have NO complaints on coverage or care. I love my primary! I don't think this whole issue is an issue that reflects on to the developer.
Closed Thread

Tags
patients, advantage, converted, advocate, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.