Unfortunately the villages hospital

Old 10-26-2023, 07:59 AM

I’ve been in TVH several times in the past 18 months and have always received excellent care. Staff was always helpful and professional.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
I am very glad we have it here. How many lives have been saved. I was in there twice and treated very well. I am alive because they were there. I don't care how many stars they get.
I agree! We have over 200,000 residents here in The Villages, most over 55 years of age. No other hospital services one group of people more. I have been to The Villages hospital and received excellent care…even saved my life on one of those visits. And I’ve been to other hospitals in the country, in my lifetime, where the care wasn’t so good, yet, they were rated 5 stars.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:52 AM
Thumbs up

just had surgery at hospital.great staff,doctors,beautifull room,very good care,would recommend anytime
Old 10-26-2023, 09:34 AM

Mortality rates and readmission rates indicate failure to provide the right level of care when the patient leaves the hospital. There is a continuum of care that The Villages Health system does not practice strategies to prevent readmissions, patient needs assessment, medication reconciliation, timely follow up appointments, patient education, initiating follow up phone calls, to name a few. If these strategies were properly implemented the mortality rates, defined as death within 28 days of admission would drop. So the entire health system not just the hospital fails our community. The other factor that affects mortality is the “never say die” philosophy. There are good ways to die and bad ways. An acceptance of earlier palliative and hospice care would make sense in an elderly population.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
Unfortunately the villages hospital has returned to one star status in CMS (Medicare).
I was surprised and happy when TVH moved to 2 stars on the medicare.gov website but it fell back to 1 star.
Many people will say yes but TVH has more old people and snowbirds than other places.
To that I say look at other hospitals that have great ratings within 100 miles of TV. There are 5 star hospitals in Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne and Jacksonville 4 star hospitals in Tampa and Gainesville.
I don’t understand how Medicare rates hospitals but the closest 3 star hospitals are in Ocala and Tavares and I have taken myself and friends that needed care to both of them.
I go to Shans, not taking any chances with my life
Old 10-26-2023, 11:59 AM

I would imagine its rated on medicaree patients only. That would put all comparosons using the same age category
Old 10-26-2023, 12:51 PM

UF just sold them the name. Remember when Moffitt came to TV? Again, the name was sild. No real collaboration.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:17 PM
Default TVH experience

Spent two weeks at TVH and left quickly after one night the staff left a man down the hall screaming in pain all night. I had the staff help me walk down the hall to make my legs strong enough to get out of that place the next day.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:19 PM
Default Villages Hospital

I had two different surgical procedures in June this year and I am very pleased with every aspect of care received as well as all personnel encountered.
I've been in several hospitals in Pennsylvania, Ohio & WV. . I would rate The Villages Hospital better than any I've been to up north.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Two different ratings ...

The formal guidelines followed in rating hospitals is very different from one's personal experience at those hospitals.

Recently my son was admitted to TVRH's ER with a cardiac issue. I wrote up a description of our experience there (I stayed with him every minute!), and brief as I tried to make it, it's simply too long to post in a thread. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll send it through that channel. Thank you.

Suffice it to say that my son's experience in the ER was the antithesis of my experience in that same ER following an accident more than a dozen years ago....
Old 10-27-2023, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
The formal guidelines followed in rating hospitals is very different from one's personal experience at those hospitals.

Recently my son was admitted to TVRH's ER with a cardiac issue. I wrote up a description of our experience there (I stayed with him every minute!), and brief as I tried to make it, it's simply too long to post in a thread. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll send it through that channel. Thank you.

Suffice it to say that my son's experience in the ER was the antithesis of my experience in that same ER following an accident more than a dozen years ago....
Unfortunately this gives the reader absolutely no idea if you are overall thumbs up or thumbs down in your evaluation of current care.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
I go to Shans, not taking any chances with my life
Once you have been to Shans you will never go back to TV hospital
Old 10-27-2023, 06:17 AM

We have had two positive major cardiac events cared for at the TV hospital. One was mine and the other was the spouse. One was via the ER at the hospital during peak season resulting in the only issue being bed availability and having to spend a few hours on a gurney in an ER room with hospital admission late in the evening. Responsiveness and attentiveness was excellent in both the ER and hospital. The other event was via the UF ER on CR44. Again, the response at the ER was immediate and excellent leading to a ride to the hospital in an ambulance for emergency surgery and admission for a few days. The hosptal expience was again excellent and a cleaning lady came in daily to disinfect everything. I do not understand the low rating and the venom espoused by some of the posters. Every person that I know who has had TV hospital experience is very positive on their experience.
Old 10-27-2023, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Data is several years and does not reflect a hospitals “current” operation.
True.

Change takes time, and even if this new Director whips the place into (say) four-star line, it won't happen overnight. Personnel changes take time (a LOT of time if there are unions involved), finding new ultra-competent folks is not something that happens instantly, and no matter what positive changes are made and implemented, it will take a loooong time for the positives to start erasing the negatives--especially because the negatives have been many years in the making.

Unfortunately, time is the one thing we geezers have all too little of. A shiny refurbished five-star hospital where the current one now stands might take 15 years, and as I've already outlived my warranty by going on six years now that's not apt to do me much good.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:03 AM

The rating system does adjust for age...there are NO #1 RATED hospitals in Sun City AZ. There are only 286 #1 rated hospitals in the US. Most of these are in poor areas, reservations or rural areas. They must dump the problem employees and Doctors. Replacement for the are not interested in starting a career in such a poor facility.

Tags
hospitals, star, beach, tvh, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.