Urgent care vs ER

Old 04-24-2024, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
If the insurance covers ER visits, why go to urgent care? Go to UF The Villages Hospital ER. Wait may be longer but better option imo...
The reason the wait may be longer is your answer precisely......urgent care is for cuts and bruises, flu, colds, etc. Urgent care facilities generally help you quickly and charge significantly less. Emergency Room (ER) are for emergencies, conditions that require specialized attention, care, and facilities. When overloaded with patients that belong in Urgent Care facilities, the ERs will back up and treat patients per their individual emergencies (triage) and leave flu, cold, bruises, cuts patients sitting for long time.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,040 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkayaker View Post
Yet here you are still alive and typing away. Driving while on your deathbed? Do you care so little for the other people on the road? You might have hurt someone.
I love the way you are so worried about whether he could get home in the first place. The doctor mis diagnosed him and let him drive. I’m sure you’d be thinking about your driving skills under the same conditions.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligas View Post
The reason the wait may be longer is your answer precisely......urgent care is for cuts and bruises, flu, colds, etc. Urgent care facilities generally help you quickly and charge significantly less. Emergency Room (ER) are for emergencies, conditions that require specialized attention, care, and facilities. When overloaded with patients that belong in Urgent Care facilities, the ERs will back up and treat patients per their individual emergencies (triage) and leave flu, cold, bruises, cuts patients sitting for long time.
Correct....its called priority. Has withstood generations. Once again, my post was without the knowledge of severity or location. As of this post, it still is. Obviously if it was a simple cut, an off site would make perfect sense. If it was infected or the concern was about MRSA etc., then absolutely the ER is an acceptable option...especially if your insurance allows.You all know by now that common sense cant be regulated or legislated. People do what they do...
Old 04-24-2024, 10:02 AM

Dr Santos/411 Urgent care on Old Mill Rd by Sumter Landing treated me a couple of times and was good. No appointment, just walk in.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:30 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
In February, a friend of mine returned from a cruise and that very day was hit hard by both Covid and Influenza. She stopped at some urgent care place in the area and was tested positive, but the doctor and the nurse practitioner she saw both refused to prescribe Paxlovid for the Covid because they didn’t believe in it. What? I took it a month earlier, and apart from the nasty taste in my mouth for the five days I took it, it was like a miracle drug. I felt much better within four hours. My friend, who is disabled, was sick in bed for a couple weeks, and the chest congestion turned into pneumonia. All told, she was unable to work for three weeks, even though she works from home. All because the doctor believed gossip about Paxlovid.
Hard to believe that a doctor would be that uncaring or incompetent. Wow!
Old 04-24-2024, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Hard to believe that a doctor would be that uncaring or incompetent. Wow!
Really?!
Incompetence? Here’s a couple of examples....

Doc Leaves Patient To Deposit Check - CBS News

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...aDcojExY6zJzoj
Old 04-24-2024, 12:43 PM
Default Be Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthensley89@gmail.com View Post
Dr Santos/411 Urgent care on Old Mill Rd by Sumter Landing treated me a couple of times and was good. No appointment, just walk in.
There is NO DR Santos in the area. There are 2 brothers, both are PA's. Each is running an Urgent Care Facility. Or they were a while back, I haven't heard much lately. I believe one lost his Medicare billing. But everyone thinks they are physicians and they are not.

I have no problem with PA's or NP's........ I just have a problem when one allows the patient/client to believe they are indeed a physician. In a couple instances personally, as an RN, I have seen an NP or PA that I felt actually knew more than the physician they were affiliated with.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
There is NO DR Santos in the area. There are 2 brothers, both are PA's. Each is running an Urgent Care Facility. Or they were a while back, I haven't heard much lately. I believe one lost his Medicare billing. But everyone thinks they are physicians and they are not.

I have no problem with PA's or NP's........ I just have a problem when one allows the patient/client to believe they are indeed a physician. In a couple instances personally, as an RN, I have seen an NP or PA that I felt actually knew more than the physician they were affiliated with.
It’s good that you don’t....have an issue with PA or NP. Because that’s the way it’s trending in healthcare. I’m ok with it as I feel similar or better about their qualifications, demeanor and decision making. I know you already know this but glad to see their peers feel the same way
Old 04-24-2024, 07:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Any cut that has been left untreated for so long can no longer be stitched. Any UC would have been able to do this simple care immediately because you would have been put to the front of the line.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,110 Times in 2,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Any cut that has been left untreated for so long can no longer be stitched. Any UC would have been able to do this simple care immediately because you would have been put to the front of the line.
Should have just hit it with some crazy glue when the cut happened, easy peasy.
Old 04-25-2024, 04:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Avoid the Villages Hospital ER at all costs, it doesn’t get any worse than that place. There is an urgent care facility on the north side of 466A, just west of Buena Vista. Good luck.
I’ll second that. They are HCA and affiliated with West Marion Hospitsl and Orlando General if ambulance to hospital is needed
Old 04-25-2024, 04:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Should have just hit it with some crazy glue when the cut happened, easy peasy.
Yup. That’s the way it’s done
Old 04-25-2024, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

Krazy Glue....the gift that keeps on giving
Old 04-25-2024, 05:53 AM
Default Location, Location...Location

You don't mention where you live in The Villages. I would want an urgent care close to where I live and luckily there is a good one not far.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
It’s good that you don’t....have an issue with PA or NP. Because that’s the way it’s trending in healthcare. I’m ok with it as I feel similar or better about their qualifications, demeanor and decision making. I know you already know this but glad to see their peers feel the same way
It depends on the PA or NP. I’ve got two in mind. One was outstanding, so thorough, but she left the medical practice. The other, although lovely personality, wasn’t as proficient and was conferring with her physician a lot on everything.

Tags
urgent, care, good, suggest, visits

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.