Urologist

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2023, 08:32 AM

I have been using to Dr. Rao at Advanced Urology for several years. He is excellent!!
Old 01-26-2023, 08:37 AM
Default Urologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreenwood View Post
Need recommendations for a urologist in The Villages.
I would recommend Advanced Urology.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:47 AM
Default surgeon

I needed a surgery and wasn't taking chances so I went to

Urologic Surgeons
6420 NW 9th Blvd Ste 2
Gainesville, F
Old 01-26-2023, 09:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehammer View Post
Totally agree.
with whom? with what?

Your post makes no sense without quoting the post you are referring to.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:37 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I cannot recommend Advanced Urology, send me a PM if you want the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand how you can blame a large organization with multiple urologists for a wrong diagnosis. Why wouldn't you blame the individual urologist?
Blaming bad office staff who sent me to get an MRI at a place that they could not read results. Went through pre biopsy (blood, exam etc) then they decided they could not do biopsy because I had a pacemaker. Never even called to cancel biopsy, I called to find out what time to come next day and was told it was cancelled (never notified). Went to Advent Health in Wesley Chapel who could do Mri and biopsy and found out I did not need biopsy due to no sign of cancer on MRI. Went to Dr at Advanced for follow up and he still wanted to do a biopsy? Never again. This is in reply to remark on my post, not above one.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:26 AM

Approximately 15 years seeing Dr. Richard Roach at AUI. A caring and concerned urologist and also a surgeon.
wfp113
Old 01-26-2023, 06:54 PM

I agree with Thehammer
Old 01-27-2023, 06:25 AM

Another vote for Dr. Mark Dersch
Old 01-27-2023, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Blaming bad office staff who sent me to get an MRI at a place that they could not read results. Went through pre biopsy (blood, exam etc) then they decided they could not do biopsy because I had a pacemaker. Never even called to cancel biopsy, I called to find out what time to come next day and was told it was cancelled (never notified). Went to Advent Health in Wesley Chapel who could do Mri and biopsy and found out I did not need biopsy due to no sign of cancer on MRI. Went to Dr at Advanced for follow up and he still wanted to do a biopsy? Never again. This is in reply to remark on my post, not above one.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
Go to Gainesviile - terrific Urology Department. Top docs in the country - I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Stringer & Dr. Michael Dennis & Dr. Donnell.
Totally agree. Shands is an excellent hospital. I was treated by Dr. Li -Ming- Su. He is the Urology Department Chairman, was trained at Johns Hopkins and was recruited by Shands to make themselves one if the Southeast's top Urological hospitals. He is excellent!!!
Old 01-27-2023, 08:16 AM

If anyone reading this thread has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and evaluating the different types of treatments, you should consider proton therapy. If you don't know about this type of treatment and interested in what it is....send me a message and we can discuss it.

Cheers
Bob
Old 01-27-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewbob View Post
If anyone reading this thread has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and evaluating the different types of treatments, you should consider proton therapy. If you don't know about this type of treatment and interested in what it is....send me a message and we can discuss it.

Cheers
Bob
Absolutely recommend proton therapy! Highly effective. There is a world-class facility in Jacksonville.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:35 PM
Default Urologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreenwood View Post
Need recommendations for a urologist in The Villages.
My wife and I have used Dr. Edward King at Advanced Urology for years and have had excellent care. He only has Villages appointments on Fridays but you can also see him in Ocala. A few years ago my wife developed a kidney stone and he squeezed her in at his Ocala office then tacked her on to the end of that day for a proceedure done at one of the Ocala hospital. He has been nothing but professional and is very friendly.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:49 PM

RiderOnTheStorm has given great advice. Last year I was very fortunate to get a transperineal ultrasound-guided MRI fusion biopsy. My doctor was “only” 36 a kid lol. I’m also thankful that my primary doctor recommended that “at an abundance of caution” I go to a urologist when my PSA went from a 2.89 to a 3.49. In the end I had Gleason 9 prostrate cancer. Don’t let PSA be your only guide. I’ve had friends with PSAs north of 7 with much less aggressive cancer. There is also a simple urine test “ ExoDx Prostate Test” that can help make the decision whether or not to get a biopsy. In this day and age if unfortunately you need a biopsy don’t get a transrectal.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
I have heard he is good but I cannot get an appointment. All I get is the PA Roger Madore
I like both Thompson and Madore. They were both excellent and their nurses were very good too. There's at least about a 1-2 month wait to get in and that's my only complaint... but that seems to be about the time to get an appointment for any doc these days.
Closed Thread

Tags
urologist, recommendations, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.