Utility of Ultrasounds Screening??

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Default Utility of Ultrasounds Screening??

In yesterday's Sun there was an ad for a "complete evaluation" using six ultrasound screenings for $179. I suspect it's a traveling service, not a local entity.

We have seen these ads previously but have never had them done. For liability purposed I suspect the results would lean toward giving more false-positives, than not; but I don't know.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of service(?) and if so, what is your impression/experience.

...and if you haven't made use of this type of service, please share your rationale with me (us).

Best,
Casey&Mary
Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

there are several reasons to not use these traveling evaluation venues.
What would your medical care providers say/think?
It has been noted in past articles about these traveling units that "many" are equiped with older, outdated equipment.

The price is low because of the low overhead....a bus....and what else?

I would always be concerned about who I deal with that can just close the door and drive away!

No thanx!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Just be sure that they include the ultrasound of your wallet... Oh yeah, they do that first.

Not something that I would do, but if it helps you sleep better at night, probably cheaper than sleeping pills or psychotherapy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.