Vaccine Protection Failure

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,347 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
My rheumatologist and oncologist both recommended that I continue to wear a mask in public despite being fully vaccinated. I am on an immunosuppressant due to lupus as well as tamoxifen for breast cancer treatment. I wear a mask in crowded indoor spaces. Hang in there. Pandemics typically take two full years to run their course. We are almost there but the next few months will continue to be rocky. It’s no time to let your guard down. To those of you who will reply with some snide comment, please know that I don’t care what you think. Youu do you and let others do what is best for themselves.
You are doing exactly what is medically prudent. Why would anyone complain about that?

Stay well...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougawhite View Post
FYI, The plaque virus lasted for several hundred years...
But from a more relevant standpoint, the prior Covid viruses, MERS & SARS were prevalent for about two years.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
That is exactly the complete opposite of what was written. Your furor is obstructing your reading comprehension. What was written was that those who are immune suppressed are victims of those who have refused to be vaccinated and are now the rats spreading the plague.
That IS exactly how I read the original post, but I could NEVER have explained it as well as you did. Kudos!
Old 07-19-2021, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
We have been lied to so much we don't know who to believe.
Personally, I have very little trouble finding sources that I can believe.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I agree, and one of the symptoms of truth-telling is providing verifiable quotes and explanations instead of insults and out-of-context inuendos.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Just a word of caution to those who have been vaccinated. Turns out that some individuals (one of us personally learned this first hand) who have a compromised immune system, kidney disease, diabetes, or transplants and who have been vaccinated may not have generated antibodies to the Covid Vaccination.

Rheumatologist casually mentioned this during a routine exam, ran a Covid test (to see if we ever had Covid because if you have had it you naturally generate some antibodies) and then ran a Spike test. He was shocked when one of our Spike tests showed no antibodies had been generated by the vaccination. The one with no antibodies has an autoimmune disease.

We are back to wearing masks everywhere...

The worst part of this is most who had the vaccine assume they are now Ok and won't get extremely sick even if they get the virus...nothing could be further from the truth.

Just wanted to make folks aware of the potential issues...
Wishing you good health. Illustrates the importance of being vaccinated to help those who can not.

Have you talked to your Doc of there are therapy's available that could help?
Old 07-19-2021, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,347 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote:
You mean sources that justify your pre-conceived opinions?

-Tom Petty
Old 07-19-2021, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,654 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
No one knows (doctors,scientists, geniuses) what the short or long term negative effects might or might not be to our health. Why didn’t the FDA approve the vaccines?
1. We already know the short-term effects. The Pfizer and J&J vaccines have been in use (after their initial trials) since December 2020. The Moderna one since September 2020.
2. The FDA HAS approved them for use, currently for emergency use. They have more hoops to jump through before the FDA would give them regular approval, just like any drug.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,654 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Google Dr Mercola for more information about COVID and the vaccine.
Mercola is an alt-med conspiracy quack who sells supplements that don't do anything, for a premium, on his website. He's under criminal investigation for pushing his snake-oil to treat COVID-19.

Mercola.com, LLC - 607133 - 02/18/2021 | FDA
Old 07-20-2021, 05:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
M95 is all we use and all we have ever used. While only a small percentage of individuals are impacted by this, when you are one of those impacted, it becomes a game changer. I would still advocate everyone getting vaccinated, but immune suppressed individuals probably need some additional testing after they are fully vaccinated to insure they have the immunity they would expect to have.
Another point to consider, many of us have friends who may be immune suppressed and we want to avoid transmitting anything to them. We all need to be careful. Cases are going up again in Sumter County.. I personally know of at least one break through case here as well. The Delta variant is VERY contagious, and we as older people are more susceptible. I just don't understand why people are still refusing to get vaccinated if they are able.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Just a word of caution to those who have been vaccinated. Turns out that some individuals (one of us personally learned this first hand) who have a compromised immune system, kidney disease, diabetes, or transplants and who have been vaccinated may not have generated antibodies to the Covid Vaccination.

Rheumatologist casually mentioned this during a routine exam, ran a Covid test (to see if we ever had Covid because if you have had it you naturally generate some antibodies) and then ran a Spike test. He was shocked when one of our Spike tests showed no antibodies had been generated by the vaccination. The one with no antibodies has an autoimmune disease.

We are back to wearing masks everywhere...

The worst part of this is most who had the vaccine assume they are now Ok and won't get extremely sick even if they get the virus...nothing could be further from the truth.

Just wanted to make folks aware of the potential issues...
NOTHING is as perfect as we demand, we expect. As far as masks etc. It has been roughly a year and a half. We are all getting more sloppy-including me Think of a diet. They all work.Most lose weight and then put it back on plus more. Reason is truly simple people do not have the will power to stay on it
Old 07-20-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Mercola is an alt-med conspiracy quack who sells supplements that don't do anything, for a premium, on his website. He's under criminal investigation for pushing his snake-oil to treat COVID-19.

Mercola.com, LLC - 607133 - 02/18/2021 | FDA
Good post. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,523 Posts

Quote:
Good post. The refuseniks are killing good people
Not true.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,479 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Another reason why it was SO important for MOST people to get vaccinated. But thanks to the refuseniks, the few who *can't* be vaccinated, and the people whose vaccines aren't as effective, are MORE prone to becoming the victims of the current wave of virus.

The more people who are vaccinated, the less likely ANYONE is to get sick. Little too late for people to realize this, now. Maybe next time there's a pandemic they'll remember.
Quote:
Good post. The refuseniks are killing good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Not true.
None of the approximately 1500 people that died last week were good people?

None of the 58,000 who tested positive yesterday and the probably 200-500 of them who will die in the next couple of weeks are good people?

Those that are coming down with COVID are contracting it from somewhere other than an infected, unvaccinated individual?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 07-20-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:07 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

It's hard not to wonder how many current anti-vaxxers would have already died, without receiving childhood vaccinations against highly contagious diseases like the measles, mumps, chicken pox, polio, Etc.? Given the ever increasing population and the speed in which we can intermingle globally, those diseases would spread a lot faster today than they did before 'mostly' being eradicated. I read one report that estimated that about 42,000 of the 4.1 million children born in the USA every year, would have died without our robust mandatory vaccination program (for kids in public schools at least). Not to even mention the direct and indirect costs, of a lack of immunizations. I also shake my head at those whose opposition to the Covid vaccine is predicated on "I don't put what I don't know, in my body," yet are obese and can't even pronounce a lot of the ingredients - in the fast/junk food they constantly consume. I won't hold my breath for a 'hypocrisy vaccine' anytime soon though. lol
Closed Thread

Tags
antibodies, covid, generated, disease, ran

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.