Varicose Vein Treatment

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Gold member
Default Varicose Vein Treatment

Wondering if anyone has had experience with Laser treatment for Varicose veins. Saw a group in TV for free screening and am scheduled to return for complete ultrasound of legs.

Claim treatment if warranted, will help circulation in legs, reduce or eliminate leg cramps and pain.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Default Can anyone help?

Has anyone had their legs treated in the Villages? Can anyone make a recommendation of a good doctor? Husband needs to have the surgery but is thinking about going back north to get it. I think it would be easier to have it done here, but don't know where to turn.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM

bump...no one?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Veteran member
Default Caution, this might be a mistake, because

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Wondering if anyone has had experience with Laser treatment for Varicose veins. Saw a group in TV for free screening and am scheduled to return for complete ultrasound of legs.

Claim treatment if warranted, will help circulation in legs, reduce or eliminate leg cramps and pain.
CAUTION, THIS MIGHT BE A MISTAKE, BECAUSE when I needed to have a heart bypass they told me if I ever had my varicose veins stripped I could not have the bypass!!!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 01-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

I had those and by the end of the day my legs would hurt. I now use catauba bark extract and almost all the discolored vien is gone and legs dont hurt any more. Before you try it read about it and talk to your doctor. It is a herbs and works very well.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

Years ago I had varicose veins, by the time I was in my late 30s. At age 41 I started jogging because of strokes being prevalent in the women in my family - I had no idea that it would help my varicose veins. I have continued jogging/walking, and sometimes using a rebounder (similar to a mini-tramp - the up and down movement helps strengthen the 'pump action' of the valves of your lymphatic system, which is one part of your body's 'vacuum cleaner' systems, and so directly and indirectly improves lots of other things, including circulation) alot and focusing on keeping my weight low, and overall good health habits, and my varicose veins have been gone away for several years.

I'm just mentioning this because I think many people think, as I did myself, that once you have varicose veins you can't heal them.

So, my suggestion is, it would be worth the effort (unless, of course, your husband's doctor feels that for some well-explained medical reason he cannot delay in having the treatment) to avoid the potential health risks, such as discussed in other posts here (and I suggest that you research this, yourself) of varicose vein treatment or surgery, to do everything else, possible, first, to at least see how much improvement he can attain; and keep the treatment as a last resort, since it will only be treating the existing vein problems, not helping the underlying processes that caused them, so it does not prevent new ones from occurring.

Improved circulation, and lymphatic system health, which comes from exercise, can improve, or, as I mentioned, possibly eliminate varicose veins. (Not to mention how taking action like described above will benefit his health, overall).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.