The Villages Health Care Program

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Default The Villages Health Care Program

We just got a call from The Villages Health Care telling us that The Villages Health Care System is no longer taking new patients with Medicare as primary insurance and Tricare For Life as secondary insurance. That's just gone into effect today. We just got off the phone with the call center supervisor. Anyone else in our situation? They have too many patients and not enough doctors. Good luck to us veterans and our spouses.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxatkin View Post
We just got a call from The Villages Health Care telling us that The Villages Health Care System is no longer taking new patients with Medicare as primary insurance and Tricare For Life as secondary insurance. That's just gone into effect today. We just got off the phone with the call center supervisor. Anyone else in our situation? They have too many patients and not enough doctors. Good luck to us veterans and our spouses.
I'm not a veteran nor are we on medicare but also were told today to try back in January. I have BCBS
Old 10-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Gold member

Well as a member of Villages Health I am glad that they appear to be sticking to their original mission statement of each doctor having only 1200 patients. I do feel for those who are being phased out, I would be so upset to have to start the search again for new health care options. I feel your frustration, but feel happy for myself.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:39 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxatkin View Post
I would assume that those of us already in the system are grandfathered in. At least I do hope so.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
I would assume that those of us already in the system are grandfathered in. At least I do hope so.

You are very fortunate to have been accepted. I would love for us to be patients there. Unfortunately they have always only accepted certain kinds of insurance.

I have a feeling that this isn't a change, just their way of doing business and only certain kinds of insurance participate and are accepted.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Sage

I was at a UHC seminar and asked if it was part of TV HealthCare Network. I was informed that UHC is not part of TV HealthCare network, as I could go to any doctor I want.

Was I misinformed?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-13-2015, 08:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I was at a UHC seminar and asked if it was part of TV HealthCare Network. I was informed that UHC is not part of TV HealthCare network, as I could go to any doctor I want.

Was I misinformed?
We have UHC supplement insurance and go to Villages Health.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:46 AM

Medicare and Tricare for Life are still listed on their web site as acceptable insurances they accept.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

There is still plenty of room for new patients if you sign up with United Health Care Medicare Advantage. It's the only Medicare Advantage plan accepted by The Villages Health network. (It's Medicare Advantage, not plain Medicare, a big difference)

Accepted Insurance by The Villages Health

Two inserts in the Daily Sun already this week in addition to the weekly Sunday paper pages devoted to the product. Look at the brochure and see how many neighborhood meeting are being held from October 13 through December 3. It lists 52 different locations with multiple meetings at each location. In addition, you can walk into one of three UHC Medicare Stores located in the Villages. Based upon the numbers of meetings and unlimited access to sales personnel there is plenty of room for more patients in UHC Medicare Advantage.

As stated in the brochures, "United Healthcare pays royalty fees to Holding Company of the Villages, inc.". So there is always room for more patients as long as Morse makes a profit, otherwise SOL.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
There is still plenty of room for new patients if you sign up with United Health Care Medicare Advantage. It's the only Medicare Advantage plan accepted by The Villages Health network. (It's Medicare Advantage, not plain Medicare, a big difference)

Accepted Insurance by The Villages Health

Two inserts in the Daily Sun already this week in addition to the weekly Sunday paper pages devoted to the product. Look at the brochure and see how many neighborhood meeting are being held from October 13 through December 3. It lists 52 different locations with multiple meetings at each location. In addition, you can walk into one of three UHC Medicare Stores located in the Villages. Based upon the numbers of meetings and unlimited access to sales personnel there is plenty of room for more patients in UHC Medicare Advantage.

As stated in the brochures, "United Healthcare pays royalty fees to Holding Company of the Villages, inc.". So there is always room for more patients as long as Morse makes a profit, otherwise SOL.
Is this TV Health trying to recruit more patients (which I doubt), or UHC trying to sell more medicare advantage policies prior to the open enrollment deadline (more likely). In the latter case, there is no guarantee of room for more patients at TV Health
Old 10-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Is this TV Health trying to recruit more patients (which I doubt), or UHC trying to sell more medicare advantage policies prior to the open enrollment deadline (more likely). In the latter case, there is no guarantee of room for more patients at TV Health
So why would UHC pay royalties to Holding Company of The Villages Inc if you enroll in their advantage plan if there isn't a tie in? UHC Medicare plan has no such arrangement.

Here's another interesting link to Villages Health. Doubt he took a pay cut.

After USF failure in the Villages, top official finds job there | Tampa Bay Times

Then he did this.

Ex-USF Physicians Group boss sues USF for $600,000 pay | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune
Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
So why would UHC pay royalties to Holding Company of The Villages Inc if you enroll in their advantage plan if there isn't a tie in? UHC Medicare plan has no such arrangement.

After USF failure in the Villages, top official finds job there | Tampa Bay Times

Then he did this.

Ex-USF Physicians Group boss sues USF for $600,000 pay | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune
I'm sure there is some sort of arrangement, after all, TV Health ONLY accepts UHC medicare advantage as their only advantage plan. However, UHC sells these policies to everyone who has other doctors as well, so they may be holding these meetings to enroll non TV Health patients as well, and the "royalties" are only for TV Health exclusivity.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 PM

There are several doctors outside of The Villages Health System that take the United Health Care Advantage Plans PPO & HMOs in the UHC network.

If you have the Medicare Complete Choice PPO you could go outside the network with higher copays. Make sure your doctor will file the claims for you.

The AARP Medicare Supplements insured by United HealthCare
are taken by any doctor who accepts Medicare Assignment.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Then he did this.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are very fortunate to have been accepted. I would love for us to be patients there. Unfortunately they have always only accepted certain kinds of insurance.

I have a feeling that this isn't a change, just their way of doing business and only certain kinds of insurance participate and are accepted.

And I think it is safe to say that UHC products have priority consideration when it comes to acceptance by Villages Health.

Tags
villages, care, health, insurance, patients, call, situation, supervisor, phone, center, luck, good, veterans, spouses, doctors, system, longer, telling, program, taking, effect, secondary, life, medicare, primary

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.