The Villages Health Care System

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabama View Post
I went to the offices this morning thinking I could be seen or get an appointment. Remember reading that this was a "marcus welby" type of practice. When I asked to be seen by a doctor as I live in Sanibel, I was told that I was not in their system and could not become a patient until I received an invitation. Instead I was referred to the Urgent Care Center at the Villages Hospital. They were not the least bit busy with only 1 person waiting. What kind of concept is this? It sounds more like a country club that a medical facility.
I can only tell you that my neighbor goes to this practice, and she likes them, but she must go to the one up on 441 across from lowes. She had hoped that by going to them, since she lives in Sanibel, that she could transfer to colony with the Dr. but now, the Dr. is not sure she is coming to Colony.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I don't know why anyone would think that the Colony Care Center is a walk-in clinic. There hasn't even been a rumor that it is one, let alone it being promoted as one. All of us who live in the seven villages that invitations are being sent out to have to patiently wait until they receive their invites before they join, as well as those who are in villages that will be in other centers villages, and I'm glad to hear that we all are most likely being treated equally in the execution of their established process.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Sage

Is there a phone number to call to ask a question?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Default 7 Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I don't know why anyone would think that the Colony Care Center is a walk-in clinic. There hasn't even been a rumor that it is one, let alone it being promoted as one. All of us who live in the seven villages that invitations are being sent out to have to patiently wait until they receive their invites before they join, as well as those who are in villages that will be in other centers villages, and I'm glad to hear that we all are most likely being treated equally in the execution of their established process.
Skyguy79

Could you tell us the 7 villages associated with Colony ?

Do you know if they have identified the villages associated with future locations ?

Thanks

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
I can only tell you that my neighbor goes to this practice, and she likes them, but she must go to the one up on 441 across from lowes. She had hoped that by going to them, since she lives in Sanibel, that she could transfer to colony with the Dr. but now, the Dr. is not sure she is coming to Colony.
I too had a provider that moved to The Villages Health System, and was offered to make an appointment with her. I decided to put it off because I'm so close to the Colony clinic and and have reason to be that close that most will not have... the ability to ride my mobility scooter all the way to the center in a reasonable amount of time. I also want to see what options I'll have once I receive my invite before choosing to travel all the way to the Sharon Morse Building. i.e. the assigned provider. That provider I speak of was also supposed to be at Colony, but she's now at Sharon Morse. I do hope the letter arrives soon since I'm getting close to running out of one important medication I need.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Is there a phone number to call to ask a question?
It's on their website: Colony Care Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Dude View Post
Skyguy79

Could you tell us the 7 villages associated with Colony ?

Do you know if they have identified the villages associated with future locations ?

Thanks
The villages for Colony are:
Sanibel
Charlotte
Fernandia
Gilchrest
Hadley
Hemingway
Duval

I don't know if they've identified the rest yet. They might be waiting to see how this center goes to see if there is a better way of identifying the villages closest to each center, but that's just my thought.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I too had a provider that moved to The Villages Health System, and was offered to make an appointment with her. I decided to put it off because I'm so close to the Colony clinic and and have reason to be that close that most will not have... the ability to ride my mobility scooter all the way to the center in a reasonable amount of time. I also want to see what options I'll have once I receive my invite before choosing to travel all the way to the Sharon Morse Building. i.e. the assigned provider. That provider I speak of was also supposed to be at Colony, but she's now at Sharon Morse. I do hope the letter arrives soon since I'm getting close to running out of one important medication I need.
I think what has happened and this is speculation. Those that have established relationships with their doctors but do not live in the Health Center jurisdiction would not be able to move to follow their doctor.
I believe the doctors did not want to loose their patients.

Just a thought .

Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Default Patients moving with Doctor

Quote:
I think what has happened and this is speculation. Those that have established relationships with their doctors but do not live in the Health Center jurisdiction would not be able to move to follow their doctor.
I believe the doctors did not want to loose their patients.

Just a thought .

Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
I agree. But....there are a few people here that would condemn and despise the developer if he invented a $10 pill that cures all cancers, simply because they either envy his money and success, or because they are intolerant of his political party.

There are also a few here who would complain about and condemn the developer for the (hypothetical) $10 cancer-curing pill, because it is not "free" to them or they have to pay a $2 co-pay or deductible. They seem "entitled" to such things, for free.

Also, I get really disgusted with people condemning Mr. Morse for developing this medical concept and practice "only for the money". I think these armchair developers and "experts" on developing and financing this innovative new medical system need to stop and think about the time this family spent watching their wife/mother battle cancer and eventually pass away. To me, it's pretty cold-blooded to accuse the survivors of a cancer victim of pressing on toward this community medical system because they're "in it only for the money". Actually, it is quite disgusting.

Sharon Morse, Wife Of Developer, Dies - Orlando Sentinel
What does Sharon Morse's untimely death from cancer over a decade ago have to do with The Villages healthcare system?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Sage

It sounds more like a country club that a medical facility.[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny
Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Sage

I was interested in becoming a patient of Dr. Horner in June and was told to wait until the Colony Plaza opened since she will be going there. This is when I got put on the mysterious list. Turns out she didn't come to Colony and is in at Sharon Morse facility. So I said if I become a patient of hers when they move here to the new facility located in that area could I remain a patient if I live in Hadley. The answer "we don't know". Well that is a pathetic answer in my opinion. If I'm going to begin a relationship with a doctor it would certainly be with the expectation of staying with them.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Sage

If anyone wants to be part of the system and has Aetna insurance, they need to call and ask them to please include Aetna in their providers.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM

Just spoke to Ashley at the Colony Plaza office (I live in Sanibel) Packets are being mailed out slowly as to not create havoc at the center. (sort of what she said) Hadley, Charolotte, Sanibel, Fernandino are invited villages ( I may have forgotten one or two) Cannot go there until you receive your package. Ashley was very nice, answered immediately!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster1
It sounds more like a country club that a medical facility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster2
Now that is funny
I guess Poster1 could always play a round of golf while waiting for their appointments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
If anyone wants to be part of the system and has Aetna insurance, they need to call and ask them to please include Aetna in their providers.
Anyone who would like to see the current list of insurance providers, click this link: Accepted Insurance by The Villages Health
Old 01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
What does Sharon Morse's untimely death from cancer over a decade ago have to do with The Villages healthcare system?
Answer: Nothing! But, janmcn, you need to be careful because you could be labeled an enemy of the developer for asking such a question.

By the way, did the developer actually invent a $10.00 pill to cure cancer or is this just another fantasy created by those who idolize him? Where are those awful people who would despise the developer for inventing a $10. pill to cure cancer? Let me at 'em, I'll tear them appart! (Just kidding.)

No! It never happened. But there are those who so idolize the developer, and are so protective of him, that they neeed to invent imaginary enemies so as to practice their attack skills. These unwarranted attacks are supposed to serve as a warning to those who would dare question anything the developer does.

Ask questions or express doubts at your own risk!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.