The Villages Health - Survey

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Default The Villages Health - Survey

Today I received a letter from the so called " leadership" of The Villages Health. They start off by saying they are sorry for the disruptive decisions they made last year. TVH has contracted with a research firm out of Tampa to help them improve their services.

I am an Original Medicare patient who sought care elsewhere when they decided to exclusively accept only United Healthcare Medicare Advantage. They are running negative cash and losing millions. Could it be that they are looking for a diplomatic way to again accept Original Medicare Insurance?
Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichard View Post
Today I received a letter from the so called " leadership" of The Villages Health. They start off by saying they are sorry for the disruptive decisions they made last year. TVH has contracted with a research firm out of Tampa to help them improve their services.

I am an Original Medicare patient who sought care elsewhere when they decided to exclusively accept only United Healthcare Medicare Advantage. They are running negative cash and losing millions. Could it be that they are looking for a diplomatic way to again accept Original Medicare Insurance?
Not a chance.

BTW, you KNOW they are running a negative cash flow and losing millions, how????
Old 07-13-2017, 03:39 PM

Received the same letter and you did not mention the fact they also actually apologized which is a first. They asked for " candor and honesty " in responding to the survey. Since they gave the " boot " to both myself and my wife, they will receive a most candid response indeed. Okay " Golfing Eagles ", the perennial skeptic, why do you think they are apologizing and surveying all the pains in their posteriors they thoroughly irritated with their prior actions ? I am really quite curious.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Platinum member

My husband and I both also got the survey and "the boot". He's champing at the bit waiting to be contacted to give his "candor and honesty".
Old 07-13-2017, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Received the same letter and you did not mention the fact they also actually apologized which is a first. They asked for " candor and honesty " in responding to the survey. Since they gave the " boot " to both myself and my wife, they will receive a most candid response indeed. Okay " Golfing Eagles ", the perennial skeptic, why do you think they are apologizing and surveying all the pains in their posteriors they thoroughly irritated with their prior actions ? I am really quite curious.
I'm not at liberty to say
Old 07-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

It's all about the money...

BTW - Where is The Villages Heath?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 07-13-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm not at liberty to say
So why say anything at all? I know that when people complain about a company/doctor/dentist, etc., others chastise them for not naming who they're talking about. IMO, this is a similar situation.

If you know something, say something. I think you should tell these people why they should or should not fill out the surveys, based on what you know.

And if you know in advance you can't give an explanation, then maybe don't say anything at all. JMO
Old 07-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Sage

Thought I read a couple months ago that they hired a pediactric physician... I couldn't figure out why, since Villagers don't have young children. Then someone said they are taking patients from the surrounding areas. Ironic, since the health system was started for Villagers, and now a large portion of us are excluded.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Thought I read a couple months ago that they hired a pediactric physician... I couldn't figure out why, since Villagers don't have young children. Then someone said they are taking patients from the surrounding areas. Ironic, since the health system was started for Villagers, and now a large portion of us are excluded.
Is a maternity ward in TV's future?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I had actually suggested before that if necessary, they (VHS) could offer a 2 tier care system, one based on Advantage plans and one based on Supplemental plans, no idea if this is a good idea or a practical idea. Anyway, after we both had to leave our PCP, who we really liked, we are looking forward to the survey with the hope that this will be opened to more insurance plans. Colony Plaza is much closer than Leesburg.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
So why say anything at all? I know that when people complain about a company/doctor/dentist, etc., others chastise them for not naming who they're talking about. IMO, this is a similar situation.

If you know something, say something. I think you should tell these people why they should or should not fill out the surveys, based on what you know.

And if you know in advance you can't give an explanation, then maybe don't say anything at all. JMO
Old 07-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It's all about the money...

BTW - Where is The Villages Heath?
It is located where all of the best things and smartest people in the world are located ...

in New Jersey !
Old 07-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
It is located where all of the best things and smartest people in the world are located ...

in New Jersey !
Well, since I was born in NJ I can hardly disagree!

Old 07-14-2017, 06:48 AM

I am eagerly looking forward to learning what the outcome will be. Unfortunately, my husband and I were affected by The Villages decision to only accept Medicare Advantage. We now have another primary physician outside of The Villages. Would we return? You bet!! In a heartbeat. I am anticipating a favorable result after the survey is completed!! PLEASE
Old 07-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
I am eagerly looking forward to learning what the outcome will be. Unfortunately, my husband and I were affected by The Villages decision to only accept Medicare Advantage. We now have another primary physician outside of The Villages. Would we return? You bet!! In a heartbeat. I am anticipating a favorable result after the survey is completed!! PLEASE
Although we really like our new doc, we'd likely return as well. We would want to feel fairly certain that history won't repeat itself, however.
Closed Thread

Tags
medicare, accept, villages, original, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.