Villages hospital

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2024, 10:04 AM
Gold member

If I can digress...
Seinfeld had a great episode on everybody saying their doctor was the best. Paraphrasing ‘ in medical school, not everybody got an A...somebody got a D’!
Old 03-15-2024, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,005 Times in 4,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
To be called a hospital, one would think of licensure to be able to be called one. Accreditation being in the forefront, but I have to say, down here, they’re really more glorified medical centers (yes, there’s a difference). It’s just like a college vs university...one offers more than other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Ever hear of JCAHO???? Yes, it IS a hospital with full accreditation.
Quote:
My point exactly
For clarity, JCAHO also does accreditation on urgent care and medical centers as well (if the applicant is seeking that designation). It’s semantics
That's your point?????

My bad---it looked like you were making the point that TVRH is not a hospital, but a "glorified medical center". Ever sit through a JCAHO site survey and exit interviews??? I'd rather putt on the greens at Havana. It's far from "semantics"
Old 03-15-2024, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
If I can digress...
Seinfeld had a great episode on everybody saying their doctor was the best. Paraphrasing ‘ in medical school, not everybody got an A...somebody got a D’!
And in my graduating class of 225, 2 graduates went into psychiatry---numbers 222 and 225 in class rank. Good luck if you ever need to see one.

Of note, on this mornings local news, it is residency match day and of the 117 graduates of UCF medical school, 16 want to go into psychiatry, citing changes since the pandemic. Translation---they don't want to touch patients.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
That's your point?????

My bad---it looked like you were making the point that TVRH is not a hospital, but a "glorified medical center". Ever sit through a JCAHO site survey and exit interviews??? I'd rather putt on the greens at Havana. It's far from "semantics"
Not comparing resumes but know it well....as I know the MAGNET designation. Been thru more than I care to. That said, I know what I expect from a ‘hospital ‘ and where I need to go for anything more intricate. If TV hospital fits your needs, that’s great. I’m not degrading it, it’s a matter of choice.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
And in my graduating class of 225, 2 graduates went into psychiatry---numbers 222 and 225 in class rank. Good luck if you ever need to see one.

Of note, on this mornings local news, it is residency match day and of the 117 graduates of UCF medical school, 16 want to go into psychiatry, citing changes since the pandemic. Translation---they don't want to touch patients.
Also remember, there’s no blood in psychiatry
Old 03-15-2024, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Not comparing resumes but know it well....as I know the MAGNET designation. Been thru more than I care to. That said, I know what I expect from a ‘hospital ‘ and where I need to go for anything more intricate. If TV hospital fits your needs, that’s great. I’m not degrading it, it’s a matter of choice.
That's fair, although a slightly different point. TVRH is hardly a level 1 trauma center, a first rate cardiac center that does over 1,000 caths/year, or a nationally recognized oncology center. It is a middle of the road community hospital which gets somewhat overwhelmed when an extra 50-60,000 people show up during high season. But it's more than a "medical center" , a term which I would apply to a multispecialty group perhaps with an urgent care center and an endoscopy suite.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I have to assume you are referring to me as a "hater" which is not so at all. My husband had a rare autoimmune disease which could not be diagnosed for 16 days, by which time lack of oxygen to the brain and extremities was irreversible.

I still beat myself up for not knowing what to do.
I'm so sorry this happened to your husband and you. I wish I had words that would help you both.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,155 Times in 5,382 Posts

Quote:

Would have thought more need for family medicine docs but guess money better in the shrink bus.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea N View Post
I'm so sorry this happened to your husband and you. I wish I had words that would help you both.
Thank you, but we are doing OK. His blood problem affects one in every 200,000, but He has an excellent Hematologist now, his Hb is back up in the 16 range (he was at 4), he gets blood drawn every month, and he is taking steroids, low dose, for the rest of his life. This is basically all that can be done for auto immune. His initial diagnosis was in 2021, I am sure the hospital has improved since then.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,459 Times in 2,549 Posts

Quote:

Giving all new acronyms for some sort of newly discovered/perceived mental problems, I would think Psychiatry is the absolute way to go as a medical profession. There is a fortune to be earned out there.
Every reason for being an a-h among the young and not so young these days, has it own new trendy acronym as an excuse, and is classed a mental problem.
In my day, a quick clout round the ear soon sorted out any problem or confusion about right and wrong.
Mind you, I don't feel too left out, and realize I do have a personal acronym, as most who live around our house, refer to me as that MOB who lives down the road!
Old 03-15-2024, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
Thank you, but we are doing OK. His blood problem affects one in every 200,000, but He has an excellent Hematologist now, his Hb is back up in the 16 range (he was at 4), he gets blood drawn every month, and he is taking steroids, low dose, for the rest of his life. This is basically all that can be done for auto immune. His initial diagnosis was in 2021, I am sure the hospital has improved since then.
That’s great. Sounds like, and I’m just guessing, he has an autoimmune hemolytic anemia. I’m happy you were able to hook up with a good hematologist
Old 03-15-2024, 08:59 PM
Default I have made many inquires

Quote:
If that's true, and you have the expertise you claim to have, then you would know everything I've posted on this subject is 100% accurate. I would humbly suggest you look at the recent patient comments and not 2-3 year old government "ratings". Also, if you have ideas for further improvements, perhaps you could lend your expertise as a consultant to U of F Health rather than bashing the hospital based on just what?????
i am not bashing for the fun of it. The fact that some people had a good experience, dors not change the big picture. The hospital is in a group of hospitals ranked the worst in the state. The "box" provides very inferior care. Thats a fact, if people are so blind, so be it. But its a shame that the developers dont see the benefit of having an acceptable medical facility. I am avail.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank495 View Post
i am not bashing for the fun of it. The fact that some people had a good experience, dors not change the big picture. The hospital is in a group of hospitals ranked the worst in the state. The "box" provides very inferior care. Thats a fact, if people are so blind, so be it. But its a shame that the developers dont see the benefit of having an acceptable medical facility. I am avail.
So, even though you claim to be a hospital administrator, you are basing your opinion on the "rankings" even though you know (should know/claim to know) that they lag 2-3 years behind current events. You state "some people" had a good experience when the posts on this very site are overwhelmingly (95%+) positive. You state the hospital, that you derogatorily refer to as "the box" provides "inferior care", but give no basis for that statement, and then claim it to be a "fact" and those that don't agree are "blind". Are you familiar with Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles", the part where they were placed in a "facility" because they claimed to be from Earth? That facility had an administrator as well.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
So, even though you claim to be a hospital administrator, you are basing your opinion on the "rankings" even though you know (should know/claim to know) that they lag 2-3 years behind current events. You state "some people" had a good experience when the posts on this very site are overwhelmingly (95%+) positive. You state the hospital, that you derogatorily refer to as "the box" provides "inferior care", but give no basis for that statement, and then claim it to be a "fact" and those that don't agree are "blind". Are you familiar with Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles", the part where they were placed in a "facility" because they claimed to be from Earth? That facility had an administrator as well.
1980 Rock Hudson from beyond the grave thanks you for noticing!
Old 03-16-2024, 05:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
1980 Rock Hudson from beyond the grave thanks you for noticing!
You're welcome. It's just the more he posts, the more ridiculous his claim that he was a hospital administrator gets.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, hospital, patient, advocate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.