Virus ... should we just chuck in the towel

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Yes. Those 3 things on your list are all we’ve got so why not? It makes no sense not to try.

One thing that really surprises me is that there are women falling into the Orwellian traps.

When women love, really love, that love comes with an almost primitive instinct to protect those they love. Women can love like tigresses or mama bears.

Yet, here we are, seeing women caught up in believing what they WANT to believe about Covid — even though they could end up putting those they love at risk. I don’t get it.

Boomer

PS: I am in Ohio right now. My phone just rang. I have a doc’s appointment today and was planning to go in person. But the office just called to ask if I could do the appointment on Zoom due to increased Covid. We have taken a half step forward and two or three steps backward. . .Damn, right, I am tired of Covid but I am also tired of those who will not do what they can to get us through this. This started in winter, then came spring, summer, now fall. Four seasons — with no end in sight. This is reality.

Be safe. Get your blood drawn and do the virtual visit. My Heart doc saw me in person. I was very insecure about going. He is old. I am old. We are both still here Thank God. Your feelings are echoed by every thinking soul I know. Be smart and safe.

We are all intensely trying to do the right thing. I do believe that the entire world feels exactly the same. This may be a test. It sure as hell isn't a conspiracy theory. That little sucker is real and He/She is waiting............................
Old 10-20-2020, 10:16 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Yes. Those 3 things on your list are all we’ve got so why not? It makes no sense not to try.

One thing that really surprises me is that there are women falling into the Orwellian traps.

When women love, really love, that love comes with an almost primitive instinct to protect those they love. Women can love like tigresses or mama bears.

Yet, here we are, seeing women caught up in believing what they WANT to believe about Covid — even though they could end up putting those they love at risk. I don’t get it.

Boomer

PS: I am in Ohio right now. My phone just rang. I have a doc’s appointment today and was planning to go in person. But the office just called to ask if I could do the appointment on Zoom due to increased Covid. We have taken a half step forward and two or three steps backward. . .Damn, right, I am tired of Covid but I am also tired of those who will not do what they can to get us through this. This started in winter, then came spring, summer, now fall. Four seasons — with no end in sight. This is reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Be safe. Get your blood drawn and do the virtual visit. My Heart doc saw me in person. I was very insecure about going. He is old. I am old. We are both still here Thank God. Your feelings are echoed by every thinking soul I know. Be smart and safe.

We are all intensely trying to do the right thing. I do believe that the entire world feels exactly the same. This may be a test. It sure as hell isn't a conspiracy theory. That little sucker is real and He/She is waiting............................

Yes. I will be Zooming with the doc this afternoon. I will have to get my Zoom Room all ready for the background. Will he recognize me with this big silver streak on top of my head? At least my smile will get to show. (Where oh where did I put those Crest Whitestrips? I must be ready for my close-up.)

Gracie, we agree on the reality of Covid, for sure.

I cannot imagine how people, especially women, are falling for the message that tells them that they, and those they love, are disposable. It is surreal.
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, people, distancing, masks, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.