Walking Pad/Treadmill

Old 04-03-2024, 12:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Walking Pad/Treadmill

Has anyone had any experience with these inexpensive walking pads that are on Amazon and other sites? I’m thinking about getting one, but would like to hear experiences from other possible users. Seems like reasonable prices, compared to a full sized treadmill. Thanks for any advice.

img_2913-jpg
Old 04-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,182 Times in 2,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
Has anyone had any experience with these inexpensive walking pads that are on Amazon and other sites? I’m thinking about getting one, but would like to hear experiences from other possible users. Seems like reasonable prices, compared to a full sized treadmill. Thanks for any advice.

Attachment 103561
The photo shows NO hand holds or safety cable, IMHO, I would never use one of these. If cost is a concern, watch the classifieds as these come up for sale, as well as estate sales, but you want one with current safety measures. I know 2 people that were injured when they did not use the fall protection safety cutout.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post

Attachment 103561
I love mine and use it daily. I thought no hands might be weird but it’s not and I’ve never felt unsafe. I usually just walk but I’ve run on it too.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,756 Times in 5,259 Posts

The problem I see is that, when you get tired of using it, there is no place to store your clothes. The lack of handles is also a safety issue, but most people will quit using it before they get hurt.

But, seriously, if you are going to buy a treadmill, I would buy an expensive one to take advantage of all the latest bells and whistles, and they just feel more solid. I once owned a Nordictrack treadmill that had a cable TV connection and a screen.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:56 AM
Gold member

Village Tinker is right. Exercise equipment (in great condition, because hardly ever used) comes up for resale on the used markets frequently.

Tags
walking, users, advice, hear, experiences

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.