Be wary of local cardiologist

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I noticed this thread is over a year old.

My PCP saw something, that he said nmight be something, or nothing. He referred me to Dr. Miryala. Dr. Miryala recommended a nuclear stress test with the accompanied pictures. I found him to be very thorough and competent. He put me on a low dosage aspirin, (81MG), and I see him in January, 2014. So far, so good.

I highly recommend Dr. Miryala for anyone, who is having heart problems.
My wife goes to Dr Miryala and I was so impressed with him I am changing myself to him for a cardiologist in the near future.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
I'm glad to know that you were satisfied with the treatment you received and the outcome was good. As for a lawsuit, I've been involved in two of them (neither medically connected) and came out of them never wanting to be involved in one again although I did 'win' in both cases. The truth of the matter is that the attorneys won as they do in most suits. Life is too short to waste it on things that really do not matter.

I maintain that my advice to get out of The Villages is valid. Even if you have a great physician, the requisite support does not exist here. Ask yourself the question, "If my physician is as good as I believe, why isn't he/she practicing in a major medical center?"
This may come as a shock to you, but all doctors in a major medical center are not the best. As for being in it for the money, you will find more of that in your "major" centers. The one exception that I know of for that is Mayo. All the doctors at Mayo are salaried. My ear doctor here in 2007 referred me to Mayo in Jacksonville for surgery. That when I found out how Mayo is operated. They do not accept Medicare, but will file it for you. Medicare will pay you, file your secondary, and then you pay the full charges at Mayo. Yes, I had excellent care at Mayo and continued support here.

As far as the cardiac support here, ours could not be better. Our first cardiologist experience was not good, as I described in another post. We no longer have him. The one we have now is superior. He does not do the interventions, but does the routine care and it DOES include lifestyle, diet, etc.

The doctors who have done the interventions have been the best as far as we are concerned. Because of both of them, my husband lived and is still living to this day. Because of the follow-up, he was able to recover to the point where it was not necessary to implant a defibrillator.

Do some have bad experiences here? Yes. Does that mean that every doctor that practices medicine here is bad? Absolutely, not. These doctors are doctors....not God. God has not gone on vacation and left anyone else in charge to my knowledge.

Sorry, if I sound caustic, but to bad-mouth an entire medical community or any other (restaurant, etc.) community, is just wrong to me and really gets my dander up.

Off to cheer up now. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 12-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Platinum member

Just opened this thread up. This is the most ridiculous thread ever posted here.....was the dr ever named? Good grief...thanks for the warning...I'll be sure to not make an appointment with Dr ??????????????????
Old 12-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

has a faint hint of bait....maybe not....but mode sure smells like it.

btk
Old 12-15-2013, 03:53 PM

That's not fair to all of us.
You can post the name. You are essentially telling everyone to go into an office and if it smells like what you described, steer clear. That's not fair bc all offices are busy and can almost be what you described but still be a good office with very good doctors. If you are going to post something like this, you should provide a name.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Sage

Easy, folks. NEVER go to a cardiologist in TV. Problem solved.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Without the name this is just a rant maybe a dream or maybe a false story. Why not a name. do you think they look at this stuff. Your heart rate must be high and getting higher. Not fair to the Good ones
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

don't get all upset................the OP was 9/2012. Patient and doctor are probably both gone.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Cool Look into Dr Dean Ornish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Lots of information but I didn't find anywhere to "click on" to find out their diet recommendations for reversing coronary artery disease. So that leaves me skeptical. In my mind it means the clinic doesn't want to do anything that substantive which could potentially take business away from doctors.
He has several books on reversing heart disease
Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 PM

Can we have a name
Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 AM

We name food establishments and bartenders names. Very negative and honest every day. Without naming this 'business' (that is what a Dr is) you perhaps are causing a panic. How do I know this? Because my wife is a bit nutty wondering who this potential criminal is. Medicare fraud is a federal crime. I by the way, just had a heart attack at the age of 56 and new to TV (2 years) A very touchy decision had to be made by my cardiologist during the surgery.
A life and death decision was made by all as we followed his lead. Irreversible by the way. Now with this posting we can only lie back tonight and wonder if this was the doctor in "in The Villages".
I for one trust my cardiologist but imagine how many people are heading off to see their dr. this week with this in the back of their mind.
I would suggest naming the medical group in general or be a bit more cautious in the future about raising an alarm.
Merry Christmas and New Year
NG
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
TOTV Moderator

This thread is over a year old. It contains some useful general information about dealing with medical offices but since the OP decided not to name the specific office, it generated a lot of skeptical and anxious comments.

Topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Feel free to start a new thread with new or more current information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.