Weight Loss-Semiglutide Injections

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2023, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

We aren’t trying to derail the thread. We just are genuinely concerned about people resorting to dangerous drugs for weight loss. They never work long term. The doctors are in bed with the pharma companies. I haven’t had a doctor in 20 years that didn’t immediately push prescriptions on me rather than talk about diet and nutrition. I researched, went very low carb and lost 30 lbs in 2 months. I cured my blood pressure and pre-diabetes in that time. As I said, I fell off the wagon a bit but I’m still nowhere near where I was. This thread has me motivated to get back on track.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
We aren’t trying to derail the thread. We just are genuinely concerned about people resorting to dangerous drugs for weight loss. They never work long term. The doctors are in bed with the pharma companies. I haven’t had a doctor in 20 years that didn’t immediately push prescriptions on me rather than talk about diet and nutrition. I researched, went very low carb and lost 30 lbs in 2 months. I cured my blood pressure and pre-diabetes in that time. As I said, I fell off the wagon a bit but I’m still nowhere near where I was. This thread has me motivated to get back on track.
Maybe they are prescribed because they work. Every diet works 100% of the time....for 3 weeks.
Old 10-04-2023, 12:52 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller703 View Post
The OP asked if anyone had tried it and what did it cost. The thread gets filled with What I did, I don’t take drugs, Just use this or that diet, etc. etc.
The OP doesn’t care about what you think or what you did or do. They just wanted two simple questions answered, and had to wade through all the irrelevant posts to try and find it.
Driller703 you hit the nail on the head. But there are always people who want to tell you are wrong and instruct you on what to do. Good thing I don't listen to all the IKEs (I know everything) people. Since they are full of themselves.
Take care and keep it going.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnfl View Post
Has anyone tried this as a weight loss. Where did you go and what was the approx. cost.
Weight loss is a problem for many. It is also very profitable for many. Easy, it is not. It is simple though. Eat less and get more exercise. Eating out is a killer for many Villagers. Mom taught me to eat it all. They always serve more than you should eat. Eat it all? A buffet?

I gotta quit posting and take my bike out. Aside a bike ride is roughly 600 calories. Walking uses more calories per mile. You need to walk 18 miles to loose a pound.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnfl View Post
Driller703 you hit the nail on the head. But there are always people who want to tell you are wrong and instruct you on what to do. Good thing I don't listen to all the IKEs (I know everything) people. Since they are full of themselves.
Take care and keep it going.
That of course depends. I find some people choose to defend what they think they know. They are talking to themselves.

I have few friends. My definition of a friend is someone who can tell you, you are wrong and you are not offended but realize they may well be right.

I received an e-mail from a NO LONGER FRIEND, all my friend agree with me and I am unfriending you. Too many people are talking to themselves. Where we are and how we got here.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
Maybe they are prescribed because they work. Every diet works 100% of the time....for 3 weeks.
That is why weight loss is a problem. All plans work. People last 3-4 weeks and then stop cheat etc
A lifestyle change is far more difficult yet far healthier.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Totally not true. I guess you could call carbs an addiction. But what we are dealing with is a crappy American diet that pushes carbs as a main source of calories. It’s not easy to eat anywhere but home and not be inundated with crappy food. It can be overcome. But it does take discipline. What I can say is in my experience every single person I’ve ever met taking pills or having surgery has gained the weight back. Those things will never work without a lifestyle change. But a lifestyle change will work without those things. It’s not easy but it can be done.
You are missing the point. All diets work 100% of the time...for 3 weeks. After that 100% of diets fail leaving the patient in as bad or worse shape than before. The reality is medications work, diet is not a realistic solution because virtually no one is able to stay on diet for a long period of time.
Old 10-04-2023, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKID View Post
First off - Do your own research and talk with your doctor. Any of us keyboard jockeys can make a mistake. You will feel more confident that you understand the information and can make an informed decision.

I looked into GLP-1 drugs (Wegovy & others) vs Norepinephene (Phentermine).

GLP-1 drugs slow digestion which delays message being sent that we are hungry while Norepinephine drugs alter the message sent saying we are hungry.

GLP-1 drugs can be taken for longer periods of time while Norepinephene are typically limited to 12 weeks. There are ways around the 12 week time frame but you want to understand the risks you are taking.

Aspirating while on GLP-1 drugs and under anesthesia has been written up as a risk so if you are planning on a surgery do your research.

Again, just have a quick discussion with your doctor. I recommend doing a web search (GLP-1 vs Phentermine then click on the additional questions below and read - maybe 20 minutes). Do this before you meet with your doctor. You will be more educated and can ask a couple of questions then just listen.

Your safety is worth 20 minutes of your time and a short doctor discussion.

I went with Phentermine and am averaging just under 2lbs loss per week. I cannot exercise to burn more calories (total hip replacement coming) and I eat virtually anything I want. I no longer have that message always saying I am hungry so I eat less often and my portions are smaller. If I could exercise my weight loss would definitely be greater but pending surgery impacted my ability to exercise and potential issue with aspiration during operation.

Hope it helps. Call your doctor.
Please stop making sense, it gets in they way of us reading stupid comments.
Old 10-04-2023, 05:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

This has me thinking of investing in anti-obesity drug manufacturers. Therapies for Treating Obesity Create XL Opportunities - Thornburg Investment Management

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-04-2023, 05:58 PM
Default Very plentiful!!!!!

Quote:
What are the side effects of being overweight.
I have fought the weight loss battle all my life. I was 110 in 6th grade and 148 in 8th grade. Most of my adult life my weight sat around the 150 mark until I quit smoking when my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. I went up to 195 before she died 11 months later. From there I hit 225 in the next 12 years before I had gastric bypass surgery in 2003. That brought me down to 130 in 2 years (I'm only 5' 1" so that's a perfect weight for me). I kept most of it off - even throughout the pandemic. Severe back issues kept me non-exercising for the most of 2022-23 and I was back to 155+. I had major back surgery in JUL and only lost 5 pounds. Getting up out of bed/chairs/car seats is hard when you're tender from surgery and overweight to boot. Losing weight when you're 82 years old is hard. That weight makes you miserable. It makes it hard to move the way you need to. It presses on nerves sometimes. And it looks awful. Nothing that you put on looks good anymore. Depressing, too!
Old 10-05-2023, 09:10 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The drugs must work. Walmart says weight loss drugs are impacting food sales: Report

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-05-2023, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
You are missing the point. The reality is medications work, diet is not a realistic solution because virtually no one is able to stay on diet for a long period of time.
The best and most optimal realistic solution is neither a diet or medications, it’s a lifestyle change that involves both eating healthy and exercise. And the side effects are life changing in so many positive ways, including feeling and looking better, having incredible amounts of energy, low cholesterol and blood pressure without medications, and feeling good about yourself.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Kinda on OP, friend going to Chiropractor for diet, first 2 days 5000 calories each day(consisting of 2 lbs of bacon), followed by 1500 calories now, crazy crazy diets out there, some think my intermittent diet crazy (no evening meal, balanced brkfst and lunch) on this one for 5 years, NO problem, lost and maintain.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Can't say I'm a big fan of taking a type II DM drug with potential serious side effects whose ad specifically states it is not for weight loss for explicitly that purpose. Especially when it is prescribed for off-label use by an "internet doctor" (almost an oxymoron). But then again, people sometimes make horrible choices
Old 10-05-2023, 03:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Every now and then I'll check a thread without logging in and see the ill informed, offensive, insensitive or just downright idiotic comments that some character that blocked made. I always see that I made the right call in blocking them.
Closed Thread

Tags
weight, approx, loss-semiglutide, loss, injections

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.