What is the Villages response to the Carona Virus

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 06:18 PM

Why oh why would any intellegent person even consider waiting for a responce from any gonernment to keep them safe? We have an over abundance of information on the virus. .you should take your health into your hands.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Since TV is involved one way or another in most things entertainment and group oriented, they cannot do just this one or that one. The criteria for closing one would dictate they close everything.

Must be Disney World and the other FL theme parks are owned/by by the greedy bad guys....they are all still open.

I am truly amazed at the number of people who are more upset about their plans being TEMPORARILY interrupted than they are about supporting the reasons why to help reduce the threat.
They actually refuse to accept the reality of the health crisis we are in.
Inconsiderate and complete lack of common sense....in my humble opinion.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I am now seeing the new policies TV is administering turning up in FB posts of The Daily Sun.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

District Staff has alerted all CDD boards whose meetings were scheduled for next week that those board meetings will be canceled. Next week a decision for the cancelation of more board meeting for the following week will be made based on the events that might dictate more changes.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:49 PM

We can make our own decisions about going to the movies, shows, restaurants etc. but what about the pools? Do we have people cleaning the loungers, wiping the hand rails? I think not, it’s time to be concerned and protect our neighbors!!!
SamsClub, Walmart , Publix, Winn Dixie need to ration the wipes, toilet paper and water for the people who live here in The Villages!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
District Staff has alerted all CDD boards whose meetings were scheduled for next week that those board meetings will be canceled. Next week a decision for the cancelation of more board meeting for the following week will be made based on the events that might dictate more changes.
more important information is found on the district web page -> Village Community Development Districts

please read this latest information!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houselover View Post
When will The Villages get on board with the rest of the world and cancel events at the Sharon, Savannah Center, and other events where large numbers of people gather in a confined area? Is the NBA and the rest of sports world the only organization who understand the serious nature of the Corona virus..
For me this is over reaction to the extreme ! I realize the serious of this however, the media and people like yourself is fueling panic.

That is not healthy, it only leads to self survival. I shake my head on what is going on, stay calm this will go away in a very short period of time.

Panic is not good try to relax, turn off the news in particular CNN, tune into the BBC, and atleast get what is really going on. And....
Old 03-12-2020, 07:17 PM

Are you sure?
Old 03-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
Unlike most seasonal flu and H1N1, Coronovirus (COVID-19) has no effective antiviral treatment drugs and Corona has had a lack of testing.

Undiagnosed illnesses means all of the statistics are understated. Both the numbers of those infected as well as those who have died have been under-reported. If someone had no positive diagnostic test and died at home, the cause of death would NOT have been reported as Coronovirus.

And why should we entrust our lives to China or Iran’s reports. They aren’t honest. They don’t want the economic issues and panic so why wouldn’t they report less infections and deaths?

PLEASE Use your own best judgment to protect yourself. If you get sick, ONE will be the only number you’ll care about. Denial increases your risk of exposure. And those who deny they are sick may inflict their illness on others.
I agree. Born in a European country under Communism where the government was your direct enemy, I am suspicious of the extent of government’s “good will” anywhere. I take what they say “under advisement” but it is up to each one of us to look after our own well being. With this virus, to make sure that we survive it. The stakes are as high as they can get. Since there is no known antidote or treatment at this time, it can be our lives.

So those of you who like to play Russian roulette, good luck to you. I prefer a little caution myself.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
To prevent them from spreading anything to the patient. Would like your surgeon not to wear a mask???? BTW, I have this strange sense of deja vu since I've answered this about 4 times
Yes, thank you I didn’t realize that before.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoug49 View Post
Your on your own here, people still grabbing door handles with bare hands to open them, not covering their mouths when they cough, social Darwinism at work
Or perhaps just old habits, at our social a few days ago (yes, I went) even though we were warned in an email we will not be shaking hands, the first thing I did when introduced to our president is shake her hand. Realizing my faut pas I immediately offered her a sterilizing wipe I carry in my purse everywhere always from flying frequently. She had her own. After that we just sort of kicked feet as greetings.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel41 View Post
The Sharon and the Savannah do not have large numbers attending like NBA games. Please don’t cancel shows at these venues.
Well they just did, 40 minutes before the curtain at the Savannah center.
It is my understanding that the decision was made early in the day, but nobody was notified, including the cast.
As many of us do, we go to dinner prior to a show so Glenview, Lopez, Palmer and many local restaurants were packed, apparently that's not a risk. Instead at 6 22 the email of the closing was sent via the Villages box office email list and the cast was told only AFTER they were dressed and ready to perform, remember the decision was made earlier in the day.
They could have given us notice of closing effective say Friday and if you are worried you can get a refund if you chose to not attend, that would have given them some liability relief.
So they kept all country club restaurants open (profit motivation?) with no concern for our safety.
Poor planning and inappropriate timing.
Tomorrow I am playing golf and having lunch at a Country Club restaurant, I guess that is of no concern for safety.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstastny View Post
Well they just did, 40 minutes before the curtain at the Savannah center.
It is my understanding that the decision was made early in the day, but nobody was notified, including the cast.
As many of us do, we go to dinner prior to a show so Glenview, Lopez, Palmer and many local restaurants were packed, apparently that's not a risk. Instead at 6 22 the email of the closing was sent via the Villages box office email list and the cast was told only AFTER they were dressed and ready to perform, remember the decision was made earlier in the day.
They could have given us notice of closing effective say Friday and if you are worried you can get a refund if you chose to not attend, that would have given them some liability relief.
So they kept all country club restaurants open (profit motivation?) with no concern for our safety.
Poor planning and inappropriate timing.
Tomorrow I am playing golf and having lunch at a Country Club restaurant, I guess that is of no concern for safety.
You can start by pulling your big person pants up and start making rational decisions about your life and not waiting on a profit driven entity to tell you whether to stay home or not.

I played golf today with our Thursday group and rode solo because I didn't know where the people in my group had been or who they had been around. I didn't stay and eat afterwards because I didn't know where the masses of people had been or who they had been around.

Trust your instincts.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:05 PM
Sage

It is not if it is when CV cases will be in The Villages. We are kidding ourselves to think otherwise. The virus is exploding exponentially in cities. If we keep rubbing noses here, we will be in the same situation. Please stay home. Period. If you MUST go out, act like everybody has the plague and is trying to give it to you. Be ok with awkward situations, letting people down, looking foolish or unmanly. Florida is just getting started and To think we might not have it in The Villages is magical thinking. Trump had that problem when he shook hands with Brazilian Pres Bolsonaro and his aide last weekend. The aide tests positive, Bolsonaro is quarantined and thankfully the WH is now closed. Rick Scott met them too and is quarantined. How many public servants could Trump and Scott have possibly infected since then? This is not time for playing as usual. Floridatoday.com has a picture of the large crowd that met at Maralago, date 3/12. Johns Hopkins provides a coronavirus map and stats that will pop your eyeballs. Good. Let’s wake up.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:00 AM

Disney is now closed, when will TV follow the CDC and close gatherings of 250 people or more?
If there is an outbreak at TV, could the FAMILY be sued for billions because of negligence? Their risking every by their behavior
Closed Thread

Tags
rest, villages, virus, events, world

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.