Why

Why

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-30-2019, 09:59 AM

Old 06-30-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Are there rude inconsiderate people out there who in the course of everyday life you will come into contact with? Sure there are and that will never go away. The hectic I want it now nature of our culture gets worse seemingly every year. However is it possible some of these same people are in a hurry because they are having trouble dealing with extremely painful life circumstances such as a life threatening illness either personally or to their spouse or children? Absolutely! Or maybe they just lost their job or they are getting a divorce they didn’t want. The list is endless. I would like to offer a solution to the aggravation these hyper people cause you when you come in contact with them in traffic, the grocery store, and in restaurants. A famous person once said “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.” Even though they have offended you by the way they drive or relate to people in public give them back kindness, courtesy, patience, and compassion. If you do that I think you will find that while those people might not change how they act their actions won’t bother you near as much and even more importantly you may meet someone who is in desperate need of some kindness due to what they are going through. Who knows someday you might have a life crisis that causes you to be a little frantic and you will need some extra kindness and compassion from those around you.
I like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2019, 11:05 AM
Veteran member

In the past, polite society segregated these kinds of behavior. Today, we are more understanding. In the north at some private clubs one needs to have several club members’ references to join. They usually vouch for the new person’s behavior.
The medically ill cannot help themselves, they don’t chose to be ill just as those with physical illness - and they deserve compassion.
And some people have a lot of responsibilities. I remember teaching during the day, studying at night for a graduate degree, at the same time looking after my newborn and keeping house for a husband who worked very long hours. Yes, I was always in a hurry those days.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We have been in The Villages for more than 10 years and notice that one thing has not changed. There are a group of residents who cannot slow down and enjoy life. In the Markets they are the ones who race to get to the cashier, that shove by you, they are the ones that consider driving is a competition and will rush to beat you at a light, cut you off and would never allow you to get by them. When you go into a restaurant they are ones who's legs are bouncing like a paddle ball, or because of uncontrolled anxieties and will yell at the waiter/waitress if it takes more than 10 minutes for your food. There should be clubs to deal with these unfortunate hyper people and help them to learn to just "Chill" and when they find themselves rushing, experiencing high anxieties to say to themselves to stop, walk slow, show patience with their neighbors and enjoy the life they worked to so hard to have. The next time you are in a restaurant or show, etc. look around and see how many are bouncing their legs and can't just relax and have a softer life. Is that you??
Mental disorders, run into that a lot down here.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:18 AM

Ambrose O'Lippe used to be like that!
Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
...because it's not possible that any of these people have jobs and are on their lunch break. Or have doctor's appointments and want to eat before they get there. Or have heard some horrible news and are waiting for a family member to show up and tell them about it. Or have been made late to something already, by people who don't appreciate that not everyone has the rest of their lives to sit and chill.

How about all those people with nothing better to do all day than to occupy space and waste the waiter's time with idle chitchat, have some consideration for people who might actually have something they need to DO that day, and want to enjoy a meal out on their way to that thing they want to do.
I was like you when I was working and am so glad retirement has given me the time to slow down and enjoy life and not get upset over every little thing. I had spent all my time under pressure, rushing and being upset. What a waste of time. So much better now.
Interesting
Old 07-01-2019, 05:59 AM
Platinum member

Smile Interesting

It is interesting how many have responded to the observation with reasons to "enable" this behavior.That adds to the question as to why some feel the need to find reasons it is excuseable to cut your neighbor off, push and shove in lines, eat fast, insult the waiting staff if they take a few extra minutes to bring you your order, and many so ons. Kindness and consideration pays off.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:34 AM

The over-crowding, due to uncontrolled population growth, only serves to aggravate the situation.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:28 AM

I experience this all the time when takiing a leisurely ride in my golf cart enjoying the beautiful scenery doing 20 mph when another gold cart is riding my tail and then passes me moving beyond the speed limit. We are retired what is the hurry? What would help is to reinforce the golf cart speed limit.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:32 AM

There are also those on the opposite end of the spectrum. They have nothing better to do than drive 5-10 mph under the limit and slow everyone else up. They wait and wait before making a turn when there is no traffic. They are the ones claiming they are just 'being safe.'

Tags
life, show, anxieties, bouncing, restaurant