Why ARE COVID cases plummeting? New infections have fallen 45% in the US ...

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2021, 08:12 AM

There is no mask mandate in Florida maybe that's why.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:20 AM
Default The reason for the decline is because the CDC and WHO ...

The reason for the decline is because the calibration methods have changed. Nothing else has changed except that and it happened with the changing of our leadership. You will see this continuing to decline because the CDC and WHO will again change the calibration as the weeks go by. Do research and you will find this information also look up death rates in the US over the last 10 years you will see our death rate hasn’t changed much from year to year.
Wash your hands don’t touch you face. If you are at risk wear a mask.
Live your life and stop being scared because that’s what they want so they can make changes in our freedoms without a fight.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Holy Cats! This sets the record for the longest post on TOTV... ever!
Copyrighted material like the OP posted - particularly full-length - shouldn't be posted here. That goes beyond "fair use" and could put the this website at risk. Now, in the real world, would that happen? Probably not. But TOTV issued warnings about this years ago:

TOTV: Please don't post copyrighted material
Old 02-05-2021, 08:47 AM

People are hunkering down again. As predicted, the big spreads took place weeks after Thanks. and xmas.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

There have been about 27 million reported cases. We know that some people get it and have no symptoms so the number of people that have had it could be double that. We've also had somewhere around 30 million received at least the first vaccine injection which gives about 50% protection.

If these numbers are close, about 84 million people are somewhat immune.

That's about 25% of the US population. When only about 8% of the population have had reported cases.

I'm not saying this is the case but it is possible that this is why cases are down.

As far as deaths most people that die from Covid do not die immediately so we will continue to see deaths after everyone is vaccinated and the threat is gone.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:48 AM

Here is what is happening at a local level. Published today...Death toll Rising:
The death toll from COVID-19 continued to rise at a rapid pace Thursday in the tri-county area.

Forty-five new fatalities were reported by the Florida Department of Health – 35 in Marion County and 10 in Lake County. It’s unclear how many of those deaths occurred Wednesday or Thursday, as the COVID-19 statistics reported by the Florida Department of Health tend to lag for several days at times.

Those fatalities are among the 1,282 that have been reported in the tri-county area since the virus first hit Florida in March 2020. They are also among the 27,698 in Florida and the 454,272 across the country who have lost their battle with the virus.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:53 AM

The better question is why isn’t the media reporting the facts the numbers have been going down for quite some time is it because without the virus nobody will watch TV or buy newspapers?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
We have, and the entire time this pandemic has been existent we have had it shoved down our throats daily. But now it’s suddenly now the worry du jour as it was prior, even though basically nothing has changed, hospitals are getting full...Why is that? Why is the news not screaming it in our faces everyday as before the election?
The news isn't screaming in my face. I no longer listen to or trust ANYTHING the "news" says, especially with new advice that we are to continue mask wearing even AFTER the vaccine waiting period. Am I the only one saying WTH?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
The news isn't screaming in my face. I no longer listen to or trust ANYTHING the "news" says, especially with new advice that we are to continue mask wearing even AFTER the vaccine waiting period. Am I the only one saying WTH?
The scientists and health experts are saying to continue wearing a mask. One reason for this is that the new variants may not be controlled as well by the vaccine - possibly only 60% protection, as scientists continue to study. We have to get the virus controlled - the longer it is out there, the longer it has to replicate and come up with new variations, hence the masks.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:37 AM

On Jan 21,
WHO lowered the recommended PCR cycle threshold (CT),1 which automatically guarantees that the number of “cases,” i.e., positive PCR test results, will plummet
Old 02-05-2021, 09:48 AM

Because our Holy Redeemer from On High declared: "It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear."
Feb 27, 2020
Old 02-05-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicar View Post
Here is what is happening at a local level. Published today...Death toll Rising:
The death toll from COVID-19 continued to rise at a rapid pace Thursday in the tri-county area.

Forty-five new fatalities were reported by the Florida Department of Health – 35 in Marion County and 10 in Lake County. It’s unclear how many of those deaths occurred Wednesday or Thursday, as the COVID-19 statistics reported by the Florida Department of Health tend to lag for several days at times.

Those fatalities are among the 1,282 that have been reported in the tri-county area since the virus first hit Florida in March 2020. They are also among the 27,698 in Florida and the 454,272 across the country who have lost their battle with the virus.
For the last seven days, starting Jan 29, the deaths reported in the VN were 36, 3, 13, 23, 3, 12, 45. That doesn't appear to show a trend and it certainly doesn't show that deaths are continuing to rise at a rapid pace.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-05-2021, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racksheets View Post
The reason for the decline is because the calibration methods have changed. Nothing else has changed except that and it happened with the changing of our leadership. You will see this continuing to decline because the CDC and WHO will again change the calibration as the weeks go by. Do research and you will find this information also look up death rates in the US over the last 10 years you will see our death rate hasn’t changed much from year to year.
Wash your hands don’t touch you face. If you are at risk wear a mask.
Live your life and stop being scared because that’s what they want so they can make changes in our freedoms without a fight.
The mask is used as source control, NOT to protect the wearer of the mask. The wearer of the mask actually has little protection from the virus unless the wearer is using an N95 or similar type mask.

I can not believe after nearly a year of this information being "out there" there are still folks who think that those around them who are wearing masks are wearing them to protect themselves. Those folks who are wearing those masks are protecting YOU! They are also doing what they can to bring us back to our pre-pandemic way of life. That is the "big" picture.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
Copyrighted material like the OP posted - particularly full-length - shouldn't be posted here. That goes beyond "fair use" and could put the this website at risk. Now, in the real world, would that happen? Probably not. But TOTV issued warnings about this years ago:

TOTV: Please don't post copyrighted material
Does that also mean that quoting a passage from Wikipedia is not to be done even if Wikipedia is given credit for said passage?
Old 02-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Apple View Post
People are hunkering down again. As predicted, the big spreads took place weeks after Thanks. and xmas.
We now have one confirmed case of one of the variant strains right here in Sumter County. I'm not sure of the origin of the variant strain but hope it's not the one from South Africa.

Tags
cases, percent, people, million, january

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.