Why is there, such a "need" by so many to get covid tested....

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2022, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
Well that’s a nice theory , testing is driving up Covid cases , really ?
If people do not know they have Covid and do not quarantine watch what happens to the numbers .
Yes, REALLY!

It's pretty simple---the more you test, the more positive results you get. It's not rocket science.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, REALLY!

It's pretty simple---the more you test, the more positive results you get. It's not rocket science.
Including any one individual tested positive more than once.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Kaiser View Post
The reason for Covid test is so that you don’t spread it if you have it.this a virus that stays in your body forever and may come out at a later time in a way we are not aware of. You also have long haulers and people that have residual effects for weeks and this you don’t get with the flu.
Because this is not the flu
Or just a cold. Also if you don’t feel well you must get tested so you don’t spread it to other people. If you spread this to immune compromised people or people with underlying conditions they may end up in the hospital or worse death. Testing prevents spreading. Children are now getting Covid with the new strain many of these children are ending up in the hospital. Remember this virus stays in your body and can manifest itself in many other ways later on. One small example is the chickenpox virus and then shingles. Do you have Covid hopefully testing well prove that and you will be considerate of your friends family and neighbors quarantine for a few days when you go out wearing mask please stop close talk or sit at a dining table even outside for a while.
I’m not saying don’t go shopping or go out just don’t get close to people Please wear a mask to protect other people because you don’t know what their health situation is. Even if you do think it’s like the flu that could also kill someone who has underlying health condition or is immune compromised.
Ridiculous. If you dont feel well, stay away from others. No need for a test. A test doesnt change ONE.SINGLE.THING. about how you should react. Simple as that.
Sick? Stay home. You most certainly do not need testing. You need self imposed quarantine.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
They in most cases are trying to protect their loved ones , co-workers and their community by being tested to know whether to
Quarantine.
And 10 minutes after their test, while going to the grocery store, they could contract covid... And never know it...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I don't recall test sites/locations having blocks/miles long lines of people waiting to get tested.

If the omicron strain is more flu like than delta.....with less need for hospitalization and less incidences of death....why the "seemingly" panic to get tested?

The demand during the regular covid strain and then the delta strain during 2021 did not seem to result in such demand?!
If you are vaccinated and boosted, and got your flu shot, and are not catching a flight out of the country, why test?
Old 01-05-2022, 09:50 AM
Default Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I don't recall test sites/locations having blocks/miles long lines of people waiting to get tested.

If the omicron strain is more flu like than delta.....with less need for hospitalization and less incidences of death....why the "seemingly" panic to get tested?

The demand during the regular covid strain and then the delta strain during 2021 did not seem to result in such demand?!
These older people love drama and panic over every little thing and all the testing demand is just people doing it after traveling even when they don’t even have any symptoms or very minimal hints of a cold. Of course they are gonna get sick from the change of climate up north but it’s not the Covid. They forgot what real life was like 2 years into the Covid thinking nothing else can happen to them! People are not too bright!!!
Old 01-05-2022, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,393 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
And you still believe the media?
Please read more closely. The information is from the Illinois Department of Health and the Illinois Governor. The "media" was just conveying the information.

And yes, I believe the media far more than I believe a bunch of fools, conspiracy nuts, and anti-vaxxers (including those pretending to be only vaccine hesitant).

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-05-2022, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
The reason for Covid test is so that you don’t spread it if you have it.this a virus that stays in your body forever and may come out at a later time in a way we are not aware of. You also have long haulers and people that have residual effects for weeks and this you don’t get with the flu.
Because this is not the flu
Testing prevents spreading.
Where did you ever get THAT idea?????? COVID (a coronavirus) is NOT Varicella (a herpes virus)
Old 01-05-2022, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterflower View Post
The PCR test has had a FDA recall since July. The false positive results is the driving force behind the evil narrative. When people do a deep research into the reasons behind the con-vid 19, 20 ,21,22, etc. Please take care of your health, because the government/corporations DO NOT CARE ABOUT HUMANS. In 90 years they have not found a cure for cancer..Oh BTW if you claim to heal cancer you will lose you license. Many doctors have been silenced.
WOW!!!

No need for me to respond----res ipsa loquitur
Old 01-05-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
No symptoms should cost $50.00 per test and you will have plenty of test available.
Hmmmm...

Interesting idea.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Of course it’s not shingles. I was using an example of any virus in your body can come out later on and manifest itself in some other form. Like mononucleosis may may come back as Epstein bar virus.
No, no, NO!!!!

"Any" virus cannot "come out later"

Some can, actually, a small minority

Yes, varicella (chicken pox) goes dormant in the dorsal root ganglia of the 33 pairs of spinal nerves and 12 cranial nerves and can later manifest as Zoster (shingles). And yes, there is evidence for chronic forms of EBV

But most viruses are self limited and have no sequellae whatsoever----common colds, hepatitis A, any viral gastroenteritis, etc. I always wonder where people get their grossly inaccurate information.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
I never said Covid was a herpes virus. What I said was Covid is a virus that can come out later on and manifest itself in a different way Such as chickenpox May come back and manifest itself has shingles. Mononucleosis can possibly come back and manifest its way and Epstein bar virus. We don’t know about Cove it but we do know that they are all long haulers who will have symptoms for an extended period of time. I know people who still can’t taste or smell for two years You don’t get that with a cold or the flu
Well, at least this post was half right. I never said that you said COVID was a herpes virus, I said you cannot COMPARE these 2 vastly different classes of viruses. The assertion originally made was "this virus stays in your system forever", which I pointed out was highly unlikely and lacks any evidence to suggest this. And btw, even influenza can cause loss of taste and smell for a long time.

PS: Your qualifications for making the assertions in the last few posts are????????
Old 01-05-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I've been asking myself the same question and waiting for some pundit to explain it.

I realize that some people need to be tested - health care workers, teachers, international travelers, and a few others.

I don't see the point for the majority of us if asymptomatic. If one tests today and is negative the peace of mind gained only last until their taillights clear the parking lot. A person is just as likely tomorrow to contact the virus as they were today.

WAY too many people buy the administration/media hype and just rush to follow the crowd.
Which administration are you referring to?
Old 01-05-2022, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Of course it’s not shingles. I was using an example of any virus in your body can come out later on and manifest itself in some other form. Like mononucleosis may may come back as Epstein bar virus.
Quote:
Why are you saying no no no. You totally agreed with me about The chickenpox virus and the mono virus. And I never ever said all viruses can manifest themselves is something else. You totally agreed with me
Perhaps I misinterpreted the highlighted statement. And yes, I certainly agree with varicella and EBV, and you can add hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV as well.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
I have personal medical and accurate knowledge of what I said. I am so sorry I ever posted anything on this site. Never thinking these responses would be so unkind and hateful. Now I feel I need to defend myself from ridiculous accusations. I am a good and honorable person and I was just trying to relay information which was told to me By a medical profession I wish my name never appeared on this and I am trying to delete Everything
Don't be bullied by the few.
Do not engage.
Hit the ignore button.
Closed Thread

Tags
tested, strain, demand, delta, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.