Why is there, such a "need" by so many to get covid tested....

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2022, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Kaiser View Post
I never said Covid was a herpes virus. What I said was Covid is a virus that can come out later on and manifest itself in a different way Such as chickenpox May come back and manifest itself has shingles. Mononucleosis can possibly come back and manifest its way and Epstein bar virus. We don’t know about Cove it but we do know that they are all long haulers who will have symptoms for an extended period of time. I know people who still can’t taste or smell for two years You don’t get that with a cold or the flu
I agree. It is too early to make sweeping generalizations about CV and the Omicron variant. Years later, when it is History, we will have a more complete understanding. Now, no one is REALLY sure what it IS doing or WILL-be doing (if anything) in the future. WE just "don't know what we don't know"!
Old 01-22-2022, 08:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis Kaiser View Post
I have personal medical and accurate knowledge of what I said. I am so sorry I ever posted anything on this site. Never thinking these responses would be so unkind and hateful. Now I feel I need to defend myself from ridiculous accusations. I am a good and honorable person and I was just trying to relay information which was told to me By a medical profession I wish my name never appeared on this and I am trying to delete Everything
Please stay......I liked the debate. And in this corner weighing in with 200lbs of credentials and the punch of a BIG vocabulary. And in this corner a smallish femme fatale without a ton of credentials and other paper nonsense and packing a lightning-quick kick to the opponent's groin area - may the MOST HUMBLE person win and inherit the earth and all its TOTV glory.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Sigh...

Why do you insist on posting incorrect information with absolutely no sources to back it up?

The most recent data:

Natural immunity more potent than vaccines during US Delta wave: study
I agree 100% with this post.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
As far as I am concerned, I didn't post anything "hateful", or "unkind", I simply stated that you were factually wrong. And if your misinformation was relayed to you by a "medical professional", I'd love to have a chat with that person. Half the problems with this pandemic start with totally inaccurate posts on social media, as well as hype promulgated by politicians and the media

PS: Personal knowledge, I'll take your word for it. Accurate---not so much. Sorry, but that is simply the medical facts, nothing "hateful" or "unkind" about it.
Well ?????????
Old 01-22-2022, 08:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
sportsguy typing for coachk who has access to hospital testing data, and who both got into a heated breakfast discussion, sportsguy looking for a slice of the data to prove a point, and coachk describing the data slice is not possible, and the temperature fell back to count chocula

counts yes at any one particular point in time, relative percentages, maybe. . depends upon the bias of the population being tested and the weight of that population, and the stage of the pandemic. . .

Looking at actual hospital data over the last two months by week, CoachK's hospital has three high level classifications of patients being testing, based upon the source of the testing order:

asymptomatic,
symptomatic,
no patient history, state sponsored free testing

All have gone up due the increased transmissibility of omicron, BUT the rates of change of the three groups exhibit much different rates, and from very different starting points.

asymptomatic and no patient history have both doubled, though off different and lower percentages from a month ago.

symptomatic has gone up 80% but off a base of twice the percentage of the prior two groups.

The first reason for the symptomatic to be significantly higher is due to a required checklist to be passed to have reasonable confidence in a meaningful test. The second reason is that with the advent of home rapid tests, more known positives are requesting a PCR test for employers and treatment knowledge. . which comes through the symptomatic patient classification.

Which percent most closely represents random sampling of the population? the no patient information classification. .

Which group has more than 50% of the testing counts? the symptomatic group. . . add them all together and you get an average number weighted by patient classification and count of tests performed.

And to add to the analysis, the testing counts have doubled in total, but not all groups have doubled in testing counts. . .

So, without this type of detailed data available on a weekly basis, and without statistics training, we would recommend that people really stop trying to out research each other with the whataboutism of this report vs that report. All you are doing is to argue what you have read either first or last, and from there what you believe to be factual to feel informed, and to feel knowledgable in the information age with your inherent biases. . .

We of course respect and give thanks to the medical community of the doctors/nurses on this site, and working with the near real time data at hospitals, trying to do no harm and help every patient in the order in which they appear. . . always with incomplete information.

sportsguy and coachk
That was just pure poetry. So beautiful to read. I got an intellectual high just reading. Can't wait to re-read it. Maybe someday I may even understand it. Thanks ever so much!
Old 01-22-2022, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
And then add in the simple numbers factor-----the higher the percentage of the population that is vaccinated, the higher the number of "so-called cases" in the vaccinated group. When (and it will be never) 100% of the population is vaccinated, then 100% of the "cases" will be among the "vaxxed". Of course, in that case, the total number of hospitalized "cases" will be very low
Agreed. That is what I tried to say in my post, but I took about 50 sentences. Nice work!
Old 01-22-2022, 10:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Marine 74 said after getting a positive test.... to go into quarantine. A person in QUARANTINE does NOT go shopping in a store. As far as I know......they get food delivered or order an item on Amazon Prime.
Don't know why you're refuting something I never said...

But then again, I don't know why you post most of what you post...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
tested, strain, demand, delta, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.