Why is there, such a "need" by so many to get covid tested....

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2022, 07:28 AM
Default Free

Because it’s Free, they think! Nothing is Free you and I are paying for it😡 To date I haven’t been tested once! We’ve traveled in a motorhome from Florida to South Dakota and in between last year for six months. We’ve done the same thing through this Chinese Flu as we have always done, wash our hands and stay away from people! It’s that simple! I don’t like crowds and I keep a small circle!! Ride motorcycles in East Tennessee 6 months and fish in Florida for 6 months! We might just be lucky but, I look at it as being blessed😉 The crazy’s are always out there but, 2022 will slow things down an bit and 2024 will put us back on track🇺🇸

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I don't recall test sites/locations having blocks/miles long lines of people waiting to get tested.

If the omicron strain is more flu like than delta.....with less need for hospitalization and less incidences of death....why the "seemingly" panic to get tested?

The demand during the regular covid strain and then the delta strain during 2021 did not seem to result in such demand?!
Old 01-04-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I don't recall test sites/locations having blocks/miles long lines of people waiting to get tested.

If the omicron strain is more flu like than delta.....with less need for hospitalization and less incidences of death....why the "seemingly" panic to get tested?

The demand during the regular covid strain and then the delta strain during 2021 did not seem to result in such demand?!
Because this flu has a political oversight, the politicians have made a medical condition a political issue - need to live our lives
Old 01-04-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:

So we can get the reported case numbers to rise, so the media can report it, so the government can rationalize another shut down (while slamming Florida and DeSantis).
Old 01-04-2022, 07:51 AM

Went to the doctor yesterday, early afternoon, non covid related. He told me the office already performed 19 covid test, 3 positive. Seems everyone wants a test these days.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4vt View Post
The crazy’s are always out there but, 2022 will slow things down an bit and 2024 will put us back on track🇺🇸
Don't tell me the 'Wokes' have cancelled 2023!
Old 01-04-2022, 08:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

If you have possible symptoms but a negative test, you don’t have to go into quarantine. If you have symptoms and a positive test, then if you are a person with morals who deserves to be considered human, you go into quarantine until you are negative so you don’t spread it. If you’ve spent time with someone positive, you could have an asymptomatic case that spreads to others and may put them in the hospital—or the graveyard. Again, it comes down to whether you have morals and live your neighbor as yourself or are just selfish.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:30 AM

Hospitalizations are at a all time high in Illinois. Governor Pritzker
said yesterday in his news conference 85% of hospitalized Covid patients are unvaccinated.
95% of Covid patients on ventilators are unvaccinated.
Major health crisis . Staffing shortages in the hospitals here due to Covid infections and employees quitting due to burn out and stress of caring for patients with Covid. ,
They don’t want to put their loved ones at risk . If your not vaccinated, you are 10 times more likely to end up hospitalized as we see now the vaccinated are less likely to require
hospitalization .
Old 01-04-2022, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

First let me say that this is my opinion. Many people have spent the holidays with family and friends and are now panicking. Yes, if you are leaving or re-entering the country, a negative result is required which means you need to be tested. Now this part is a fact..a PCR test will remain positive for weeks after infection, while a rapid test (which is not always accurate and can give false positive and negative results) will not continue to give a positive result for weeks following infection.

As a politician who I will not name has said, “we are getting positive results because we continue to test, so stop testing!” I’m not sure that is the answer. As for another lockdown, I seriously doubt that will happen, and that is my opinion.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:34 AM

So omicron is a highly contagious as the measles was, so just figure your going to get it. Good thing is it is milder and has no lung component. Aches, fever 102, chills , etc like flu. Lasts 3-5 days. Good news this variant will build up antibodies against delta the more deadly version. So why test you either got or you don’t, so test is pointless now.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:34 AM

Exactly
Old 01-04-2022, 08:40 AM

400,000 new cases of Covid in the U.S. reported in one day that we know about , the real number is surely higher , is driving testing up .
Rapid tests there is a shortage of .
Old 01-04-2022, 08:49 AM
Default Testing

Agree- unless test results are needed for travel what exactly is the point of waiting possibly hours in line to find out if you have the flu, cold, or COVID? Does having either confirmed make you feel any less sick? Wouldnt you be more comfortable at home in bed, treating the symptoms - like we all did before all this started?
Seriously, what difference does it make?
Old 01-04-2022, 08:58 AM

If you are not going to get vaccinated why test? The test is only valid at the time it is taken. After the test you might contract it. Testing is a waste of money and time.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:24 AM

Most of the responses are against testing and for many good reasons. I would have heartedly agreed 2 days ago. As of yesterday I still agree, however, not to the same degree. Yesterday I was feeling like crap. I had a stuffy runny nose, coughing, sneezing, a slight headache and a slight back ache. I happen to have 2 BinaxNOW tests kits which I bought a few months ago. So I opened one and did the test. I was expecting a negative result – probably a cold or maybe some flu symptoms. No such luck it came up positive. I immediately texted my doctor to see what, if anything, I should do. He has not, as yet, gotten back to me. I will take the second test next Saturday to see if it comes up negative. In the meantime, given that I know I have it I won’t be running around spreading it. Yesterday the symptoms were mild, not so much last night. I didn’t get any sleep as it was difficult breathing with my stuffed up nostrils and my temperature fluctuated between 99 and 102. And yes, I had both Pfizer shots and the booster. So yes, I do agree that most of this testing hysteria is uncalled for but there are a few instances where it may be prudent.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts
Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
Hospitalizations are at a all time high in Illinois. Governor Pritzker
said yesterday in his news conference 85% of hospitalized Covid patients are unvaccinated.
95% of Covid patients on ventilators are unvaccinated.
Major health crisis . Staffing shortages in the hospitals here due to Covid infections and employees quitting due to burn out and stress of caring for patients with Covid. ,
They don’t want to put their loved ones at risk . If your not vaccinated, you are 10 times more likely to end up hospitalized as we see now the vaccinated are less likely to require
hospitalization .
I would like to know where you get your numbers because they sound bogus.
Closed Thread

Tags
tested, strain, demand, delta, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.