Baltimore Ravens Talk

Old 09-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Default Don't Include Me

Ever since Ray Lewis got off from that killing did it for me!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Default Ray Lewis Gone and Ray Rice Today

Just heard Ray Rice is gone... domestic violence. Knocked his wife or girl friend out.... He is history... for the Ravens!

Others will follow we can be sure! Infact 2 others have been reprimanded
on the Ravens for the same thing..
Old 09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
Just heard Ray Rice is gone... domestic violence. Knocked his wife or girl friend out.... He is history... for the Ravens!

Others will follow we can be sure! Infact 2 others have been reprimanded
on the Ravens for the same thing..
Shoot people, beat women, brutalize dogs,
I love these wonderful americans!!!!

I remember the old story about a prominent D1 football team.
If there was a rape on campus , the police would show a picture of the school football team to the victum and ask her to identify her attacker.
Maybe not so far fetched.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:18 PM

I don't think its just the Ravens, look around the NFL and the team rosters and you will see that it seems like an epidemic of criminal behavior. As for as Ray Lewis he was guilty of a cover up but not a murder.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
Ever since Ray Lewis got off from that killing did it for me!!!
That's the most ignorant statement I've ever read on TOTV. All 3 weeks of the trial was actually televised on then Courtv, and it's pretty obvious to anyone who watched, he was playing peacemaker during the event. You had 5 men, one armed with a gun, hence the bullet holes in Ray's limo, attack 3 men with their lady friends. It's called self-defense, Ray's two friends were armed with knives they had bought two days earlier at Sports Authority. When one of them was struck over the head with a 3 pound champagne bottle, all bets were off and the 3 fought back. Had two of the attackers not been killed, they could of been easily charged with attempted murder.

The entire trial was forced upon Atlanta by the Mayor who wanted to change the image of his city after the Atlanta Park bombing during the olympics. The charge against Ray that he pled to was a misdemeanor, but the words 'obstruction of justice' sounded good, so the DA in an attempt to save face offered that to Ray after he presented his case. He knew there was a very good chance the judge was going to throw out the charges after the prosecution rested, so he rushed over to Ray's attorney's house on a Sunday morning with the offer.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:42 AM

You are right John, but a lot of people just read the headlines and not the entire story. Also, some only get that story from one source and they make up their mind. I prefer looking into things a little deeper and try to find out what really happened and let the facts speak for itself.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:50 AM

I went to the game last night in Baltimore, so great. Lots of Steelers fans their at the start. For some reason they left early.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinMd View Post
I went to the game last night in Baltimore, so great. Lots of Steelers fans their at the start. For some reason they left early.
On TV it appeared there was only a few steeler die-hards sprinkled throughout the crowd, I can imagine they were probably hitting the exits pretty early. The whole offense looked a lot more efficient in Kubiak's new system. Joe was right on target all evening and for the most part, he had plenty of time to throw. I liked the way he used his check-down receivers instead of holding the ball too long. I think that hit on Big Ben on the first series, the one that took him off his feet and got flagged, kind of shook him up for the evening. He never appeared to hit his stride. That Owen Daniel pickup looks like it's going to be a good deal along with Steve Smith. Onward to Cleveland and the tour of the AFC North.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-13-2014, 06:43 AM

I really like this time of year, football, pennant races, the weather. Thursday night football against the Steelers, double header against the Yankees, tall ships in the harbor and the Blue Angels performance. Only thing better would be me in a golf cart getting lost in the Villages.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:20 PM

Anyone else going to see the Ravens at Tampa in a couple of weeks?
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
Anyone else going to see the Ravens at Tampa in a couple of weeks?
I'm not going, love my big TV and recliner but if I was about 20 years younger I probably would go. I hear the Tampa crowd is a little rough, probably because they see so many out-of-town fans at Bucs games. My neighbor, who is an Eagles fan, went to a Tampa game last year and said the fans gave them a rough time the whole game. Just something to think about. You'll probably have a lot of Ravens company, I remember seeing a Tampa pre-season game last year on TV and it looked like half the stadium was Ravens fans. The biggest Ravens turnout had to be at a Panthers game in Charlotte last year or the year before, the whole stadium looked purple. That's one thing the Ravens fans don't get credit for is they travel well.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-28-2014, 10:21 AM

here is what we will be wearing to the game
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	ravens.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	5.36 MB
ID:	45055  
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
here is what we will be wearing to the game
Nice shirts, I guess some might say the 19 should have Unitas written. I just looked at your profile and it just jogged my memory. I remember playing golf at Wetlands just before we moved in 2011 and we were paired with a golfer who was a science teacher from Havre de Grace. I remember nothing other than he said he owned two Prius cars. Anyway, it's a small world if you were that golfer.

Last year I was playing golf in TV and my cart was parked by the starter shack and someone left a note on my steering wheel. I have several Ravens and Orioles stickers on my cart. The note was someone asking where they could get the stickers. I called the fellow and he lives in Mallory and he was with the Baltimore Colts/Ravens marching band for 25 years and was the leader for the last few years before moving here. Another encounter is I just started playing softball for a different village, it's Amelia, and the coach is from Dundalk and he use to be a Ravens season ticket holder before moving here in 2009.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:36 PM

lol actually I am not that golfer but I do know him rather well!!!! I often wear a Ravens shirt when I am out at yard sales-gets lot's of conversations started-usually good ones,even if they are Steeler fans.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Sage

The O's bats seem to have all gone cold at the same time. Those missing spots in the lineup didn't help either, with Matt Weiters and Manny Machado injured and Chris Davis suspended, we just had too weak a lineup.

Turning our attention back to the Ravens. The two first round QB draft picks of 2008 go head-to-head on Sunday. I like that last stat on Joe best, the 9 playoffs wins to Ryan's 1.

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.