Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Have a flat after first mile???
Then walk and push bike for 3??
I like this idea
Old 11-26-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

The Lions exist because they're willing play on Thanksgiving Day....which allows the rest of the NFL watching world (that could care less about the Lions) to turn off the tube, sit down and enjoy a nice relaxing holiday meal with the family

at least that's what my uncle told me
Old 11-26-2021, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlride View Post
Last season 9 first string defensive players opted out for covid (well one was "on temporary assignment" in Miami) but they are all back now and they added another pro bowl defensive back/ pass rusher. Then there are the new wide receivers, tight ends and to top it off a rookie quarterback that has the highest completion percentage for a rookie in history. I think they will do just fine. Have won five in a row and are tied for first. Sorry league --- They're BAAAACK :-)
please excuse these other fans , they are shocked and in denial , they can’t believe are Pats are back .maybe not all the way yet but headed in the right direction
Old 11-26-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I have a burning question, realizing a lot of TV people are from Detroit and Chicago that support their states football teams, The Bears and The Lions.

They both have losing win and lost records for some time now and I commend you for supporting them hometown teams, BUT WOW.

What does it take for you fans to spend thousands of $$$$$$ every week/season for tickets to religiously support these teams even though you know their not going anywhere in the play offs?

Just Curious Packer fan.
At least they don't have an idiot for a quarterback!
Old 11-26-2021, 09:37 AM
Default Detroit Lions

The Lions have not won much in the past 5 decades, even with great backs like Billy Sims and Barry Sanders. As a long time resident of a Detroit suburb, I can tell you many people in Michigan attribute the problem to mismanagement by the Ford family. Poor choices of coaches and the unwillingness to spend money to build a great team are the root cause.

Personally, I could care less about the NFL. Overpaid ungrateful athletes and their disrespect for the flag overshadow any entertainment value that they can provide me. I find Roger G's latest attempt to win back fans by dressing players and coaches in camo just another example of the hypocrisy. This sentiment is echoed by two Purple Heart warriors in my family.

I love football, just not the NFL. As a grad of The Ohio State University and the Univ. of Michigan, I can tell you that the OSU-UM football rivalry is as good as any in all of sports. Tomorrow at Noon. Go Bucks, crush Michigan and make it 1 for 17 for UM.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

How do you explain that all through this kneeling controversy that the military was still advertising on game days and service men were showing up and being honored and the Air Force was still doing fly overs and the army golden nights were doing jumps into games, perhaps they knew it was a false narrative and no disrespect to service men and woman or perhaps they knew and had used some of the many programs that the NFL has created for service men and woman and there families , some of these programs go back over 50 years and that’s the sentiment of this more then one Purple Heart warrior . This thread is ruined now anyway so let’s start hearing the patriotic BS I won’t be listening, FYI how come your watching college games , they were kneeling to , hmmm isn’t that a little hypocritical also ?

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 11-26-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spell
Old 11-26-2021, 11:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Might want to check that record from last season and the current standings
This year is going well and last year was the only losing season in over 20 years. Not sure any other team can say that.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:35 AM

That’s kind of a personal question, some people who came from or preferred a certain team is their own preference. If you now live south, then why do care about the team that you seem quite fond of. Maybe those people that you are so eager to talk down to may have connections, like someone they know is or play or played for the team.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:36 AM

Can tell you are a Packer fan
Old 11-26-2021, 11:38 AM

I can remember a lot of times that the Packers were getting their ##### cleaned
Old 11-26-2021, 11:42 AM

Why apologize to a packer
Old 11-26-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I have a burning question, realizing a lot of TV people are from Detroit and Chicago that support their states football teams, The Bears and The Lions.

They both have losing win and lost records for some time now and I commend you for supporting them hometown teams, BUT WOW.

What does it take for you fans to spend thousands of $$$$$$ every week/season for tickets to religiously support these teams even though you know their not going anywhere in the play offs?

Just Curious Packer fan.
Raiders same problem; real fans stick with their favorite no matter what!
Old 11-26-2021, 12:04 PM
Default support your team no matter what

How soon you forget my fellow Packers fan. When I was 4 the Packers won the Super Bowl. It wasn't until I was 40 something that I saw another trip to the Super Bowl.
The Bears were there in the 80's. They'll do it again. As for the Lions....I hope they can pull it together one day.

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:59 PM

The question has not been answered. Are they still kneeling? I'd love to get back into it but not a chance if they continue to kneel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
took longer than I thought till one of these post showed up
Old 11-26-2021, 01:10 PM

For the curious Packer Fan. The Packers haven't always been as successful as they are now. Growing up a life long Viking fan, I seem to recall a couple of decades where the Packers weren't much better than the Lions, starting in the 70's and 80's. And yes I know how passionate Packer Fans are because they stood by their teams through those difficult times. As a Viking fan, I still suffer but hope someday Hell will freeze over.... BTW, 2 of my 3 kids are Packer Fans because of Bret Favre.....
Closed Thread

Tags
teams, support, football, $$$$$$, week/season

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.