Choose your Football Nemesis

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Default Logic Does Say Jets...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Gray, I think rabid, viscious and insane would be an accurate discription of most football fans, yep, even Pats. No sane person would be a Jets fan, year after year but here I am.
Looking at the players you seem to worship, you're probably off the mark on two or possibly three of those players. Moss was a no-show in both games against the Jets last year. I really think his best days are behind him. I've been a Moss fan since his days at Marshall and think he's probably the best player I've ever seen, but that was yesteryear. Welker is an unknown. Nobody knows what to expect but the Jets secondary is the best in football. I don't think they'll have too much trouble with your guys this year.
Brady is Brady, one of the best of all time. He's fun to watch, even if he does play for the hated Pat. I just don't think his supporting cast can get it done anymore.
The Jets beefed up the defense in the off season. That should scare the daylights out of any opposing defense. I'm hopeful Kris Jenkins will return to his pre-injury form. He was our best defensive player. When he went down last year, it was a huge loss.
When I compare the Jets and the Pats, position by position, it appears that your prediction that your guys will run the table in the AFC East is based on emotion and wishful thinking. You might KO the Bills twice but that's about it. Both New York and Miami have a better team that New England. You might want to practice a little humility. You're in for a long season.
Your logic and points are sound & valid bluedog...and there is a healthy dose of emotion in my predictions to be sure...I'm actually picking the Pats for a 10-6 season, and looking for some playoff magic from mentioned players. Moss wants a ring desperately and my hunch is he'll be a significant presence - particularly in the playoffs as his career winds down. Welker is a big "maybe", but if games are won on heart and player intangibles...if he's anywhere near 100%...he's worth 2 or 3 wins. Brady is back finally at 100% and ready to play like we know he can...so as we say, that's why they play the games. Your right though...the Jets secondary is scary good, but on the other hand is Sanchez really as good as you think...we'll see.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
Keep dreaming zcaveman...Giants will be lucky to split with Redskins, nevermind Eagles & Cowboys...might be a good time to cut your losses & get on the Jets bandwagon! J-E-T-S; Jets-Jets-Jets
You are putting a lot of hope on McNabb. Eagles are easy and the Cowboys - well - they have Romo. Need I say more?

Never was an AFC fan. So I will stick with the Giants.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Gold member

Sanchez really as good as you think...we'll see.

Good question Gray. Last year the Jets rushed Sanchez along way too fast. It wasn't until they simplified the offense and pretty much told him everything to do that he stopped giving away games. I think Sanchez has plenty of physical talent. I really don't know if he has that intangible that separates the good from the great. We should know in a few months.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.