Choose your Football Nemesis

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2010, 01:51 AM

WAY TO GO BLUE. YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH. FUNNY HOW THE PAT FANS FORGET THAT GAME. WELL, THIS YEAR THEY WILL HAVE TWO GAMES TO FORGET.

JETS RULE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
WRONG!!! We kicked your butts big time in our home opener last year. Remember the 16-9 final score????
I was at the game and it was the most exciting Jets game I've ever attended. The stadium was loud, it was rowdy and there wasn't a team on the planet we wanted to beat more than the Patriots.
Wonderful day in football history. How could you possibly forget a game like that?
J-E-T-S....JETS-JETS-JETS
I just checked last years schedule and you are correct. But then you came to our stadium and we kicked your butts 31-14. It will definitely be interesting this year, but I suspect we will win them both.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Default ? Remains...Who most should Tebow beat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
This season - - - Broncos and Tim Tebow so I can show off my new jersey.

Would that be Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs or ???

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage

He has to be a starter first, then we can pick which teams to beat most.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 08-03-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Taltarzac
Default I would just like to see the Tampa Bay Bucs win a few times this season.

I do not really care against which team but it would be good to see the Bucs break the .500 line this season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Ta...caneers_season

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-02-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I've been a Dolphin fan since 1968 and I have never forgiven the Pats for the blizzard playoff game. Thought then and think today it was the most chickensh*t way to win I've ever seen -- plowing the field for your kicker but not the other team's. Sorry, doesn't fly in my book. So, I ALWAYS want the Pats beaten by anyone and everyone (even if I do like Tom Brady and his family).

In the meantime, goooooooooooooo FISH (I can dream, right?).
Don't forget they also were the team to end Miami's unbeaten streak after going 17-0. I remember that and also the "snow Plow" game you mentioned. Still they don't annoy me as much as the Jets.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:07 PM

If Mr Belichicken can't cheat, then the Pat's can't win. They cheated The Jets last year and got caught with their pants down and it cost them plenty but, in my opinion they lost more then money. They lost respect. I often wonder with all the games that they have won with Belichicken, how many of them were won by photographing the opposing teams playbook ? That game when they were caught red handed by Eric Mangini even after he warned them privately to stop. That game should have been awarded to The Jets. Belichicken should have been fired and banned from football.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
It's been a long time since Joe Namath and that fantastic 1968 season. I have been a poor suffering and abused Jet fan for more years then I care to admit too, but, I have worn my Joe Namath Jersey every year, just waiting.

Still have my Jim McMahon Bears Jersey too!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
If Mr Belichicken can't cheat, then the Pat's can't win. They cheated The Jets last year and got caught with their pants down and it cost them plenty but, in my opinion they lost more then money. They lost respect. I often wonder with all the games that they have won with Belichicken, how many of them were won by photographing the opposing teams playbook ? That game when they were caught red handed by Eric Mangini even after he warned them privately to stop. That game should have been awarded to The Jets. Belichicken should have been fired and banned from football.

Come on Baretrick, he didn't do anything anybody else wasn't doing.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
The Patriots are my team and the Jets-Jets-Jets have been improving to where they are now a powerhouse contender. Used to be the Colts, Dolphins or Steelers...now it's those nasty Jets.
You could say that again. CAn't wait for 2nd game of the season. Guess who I root for....
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Default AFC East Race Shaping Up

The rabid, viscious, and quite insane Jet & Dolphin fans already going into hysterics over the Patriots, Belichick, snow bowl, spygate...simply marvelous. We'll be at RJ Gators each week to watch our Pats spank Jets, Dolphins & Bills 2x. Expecting career years for Brady, Moss and Welker. Let's go boys! and oh yeah...one last thing for the fish....
Joey Porter

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
The rabid, viscious, and quite insane Jet & Dolphin fans already going into hysterics over the Patriots, Belichick, snow bowl, spygate...simply marvelous. We'll be at RJ Gators each week to watch our Pats spank Jets, Dolphins & Bills 2x. Expecting career years for Brady, Moss and Welker. Let's go boys! and oh yeah...one last thing for the fish....
Joey Porter
Gray, I think rabid, viscious and insane would be an accurate discription of most football fans, yep, even Pats. No sane person would be a Jets fan, year after year but here I am.
Looking at the players you seem to worship, you're probably off the mark on two or possibly three of those players. Moss was a no-show in both games against the Jets last year. I really think his best days are behind him. I've been a Moss fan since his days at Marshall and think he's probably the best player I've ever seen, but that was yesteryear. Welker is an unknown. Nobody knows what to expect but the Jets secondary is the best in football. I don't think they'll have too much trouble with your guys this year.
Brady is Brady, one of the best of all time. He's fun to watch, even if he does play for the hated Pat. I just don't think his supporting cast can get it done anymore.
The Jets beefed up the defense in the off season. That should scare the daylights out of any opposing defense. I'm hopeful Kris Jenkins will return to his pre-injury form. He was our best defensive player. When he went down last year, it was a huge loss.
When I compare the Jets and the Pats, position by position, it appears that your prediction that your guys will run the table in the AFC East is based on emotion and wishful thinking. You might KO the Bills twice but that's about it. Both New York and Miami have a better team that New England. You might want to practice a little humility. You're in for a long season.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Veteran member

PHILAELPHIA EAGLES crush the Cowboys.....Who voted and made Dallas "America's Team" ?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Well said, bluedog. Brady really is a good guy. I've known him and his family since he was in high school. He really didn't have the inflated ego of so many talented athletes (nothing like a couple of sisters to keep you in your place lol).

I don't expect my beloved Dolphins to do well but I can dream (and cheer). I agree that the Jets are the team to watch this year (sorry, can't cheer them on). They might even make it all the way, even though my gut says the Steelers (and I will root for them!). Should be an interesting season.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-03-2010, 10:09 AM

:
Quote:
Joey Porter
We hope to be moved in to our new home in early OCT --so since this will be the first time in 25 years I wont be at a JET game ---Are all games on TV at Gators or any other venue --where fans gather to watch and argue !!!!:blahblahblah

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.