Done with the NFL

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 01:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Having said that , I wonder when kneeling with a bowed head became a sign of disrespect.
When every announcer says "please stand and remove your hat" prior to the song. That's when.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:12 PM

It's nice to see so many of us are turning our backs on the NFL
They (the players) have given nothing back to this country for the life and freedom that they enjoy on a daily basis.
To the few of you entertainers who have served your country and spent time far away from home, you like us, realize the value
of freedom and truly appreciate it
It truly makes me sick, as a combat Veteran, when I think about all of the tens of thousands of men
and women who have given up so much, including their lives, and their dreams so that these entertainers can protest on
National TV.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Would you please give me your "Left Coast" opinion on this? Thanks. NFL fines William Gay, DeAngelo Williams for uniforms publicizing domestic violence, cancer - TODAY.com

I have a hard time following the logic. Maybe you can sort it out for me. Thanks
I can't explain nor defend it, nor do I even want to try.

I sorta get the purple cleat thing -- purple not exactly a Steeler color. BUT since they allowed it once, then they should continue allowing it throughout the season. Either allow support for NFL -approved causes throughout the season or not at all.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

I'm assuming when the National Anthem was played on TV all those at home stood at attention? just wondering.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:02 PM

I got this message from a buddy up north. The specific ruling pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It's to long to quote, but check it out its without question and very direct.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I have never been part of a protest and always stand at attention during the National Anthem. Learned this conduct in elementary school 1944-50, and 36yr in US Army and ARNG.

Having said that , I wonder when kneeling with a bowed head became a sign of disrespect.
I agree. I am going to continue to watch the NFL, NBA, NHL and any other sport I care to.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane8 View Post
I agree. I am going to continue to watch the NFL, NBA, NHL and any other sport I care to.
Me too. I have to check the scores for various reasons and like watching the final few minutes of many sports programs.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Platinum member

This was a non-issue, totally yesterdays news until it was used to fan unnecessary division in the country. To call people SOBs is uncalled for and dehumanizes them. I have never watched a lot of NFL games. I follow some teams of players I saw play in college that I liked, and I will continue to do so. I don't believe the various things the players are doing are disrespectful. I thought Colin Kapernick wearing pig socks was disrespectful.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I got this message from a buddy up north. The specific ruling pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It's to long to quote, but check it out its without question and very direct.
Not too long to quote, there is no such rule. Perhaps you should have "checked it out" prior to posting.

Facebook post on NFL rulebook pages A62-63 is fake; players are not required to stand for national anthem | masslive.com
Old 09-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Why does every one say they are disrespecting the Flag. CK stated that he was protesting the way that blacks are treated in this country, not the flag.
They are free to protest in another venue,
but not while on the job!
And I am free to protest by not viewing or
supporting sponsors products!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
No more for me. I am disgusted at this behavior and the non stop bashing of white men who fought for this Great Country.
Your absolutely right, it gets old, yes there are and have been bad white dudes,
but there a whole lot of great white men and women
that have done very positive things for our country, and all of its people!
And it is not a matter of race unless you are narrow minded to make it so, it is simply factual!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Wrapping oneself in the American flag does not make a racist invisible to what their real goals are. This story is as old as the Jim Crow laws. I’ve never, ever seen as many racists in one place as I’ve seen here. Honestly, I’m dumbfounded that smart intelligent successful people can be so ignorant not to see beyond their white skin to think that they are the only stakeholders in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't agree with your personal view,
that not liking the chosen venue of the protesters makes one a racist,
that is quite over the top!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

you tube. it's a grand old flag, it's a high flyin flag - Bing video
Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 PM

I'm a huge NFL fan but the past 2 years have been ridiculous! I refuse to watch or go to any games until the NFL/owners can man up and demand respect! And to hear on the news a discussion on what will be done if high school players decide to do the same is absolutely unbelievable.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:37 PM

I'm no longer a fan of the NFL. NOT watching or going to any games!
Closed Thread

Tags
nfl, football, sunday, country, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.